• filter:
  • 172737475 76
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
PatelForIndia said:   
bsnf said:   Patel Bhai,

When is the right time to purchase India tickets for early Dec travel.

IF ((ReturnDate >= 01JAN2015) AND (ReturnDate  < 13JAN2015) )
        {
                // There is heavy demand to return from India to USA, so prices stays high
                BookingDate = Now;
        }
else if ((StartDate > 25NOV2014) AND (StartDate < 12DEC2014))
        {
                BookingDate = July to Sept;  // whenever get good price, jump
        } 
else if (StartDate > 11DEC2014) AND (StartDate < 24DEC2014)
        {
                BookingDate = July to October; // Whenever get good price, jump
        }
else if (StartDate > 23DEC2014) AND (StartDate < 27DEC2014)
        {
                BookingDate = June to August; // DEC 24,25,26,27 demand as high season ends on around 23-24 DEC, and prices starts reducing..
        }

Thanks Patel Bhai.
Plan to travel Dec 3 -6 and return Dec 31 - Jan 2.
Washinton DC to Mumbai or Pune
Still trying to lock the dates to see if I can leave a little earlier in Dec.

rated:
pundit5307 said:   I have to book a fligh for few people from New Delhi to Phoenix. What is the best way to to do this?
  Patel Bhai,  Any suggestion on this? Should I buy tickets from US or is it better to buy tickets from India?

rated:
pundit5307 said:   
pundit5307 said:   I have to book a fligh for few people from New Delhi to Phoenix. What is the best way to to do this?
  Patel Bhai,  Any suggestion on this? Should I buy tickets from US or is it better to buy tickets from India?

It's all depends on various factor on: Who is paying and where, if you are paying in Dollar then it's better to buy in USA, and if they want to pay then it's better to pay in India in Ruppies.....
sometime,for some airlines, there can be difference in price and sometime it's not, some time it's cheaper in USA and sometime its' cheaper in India, all depends on airlines.
And last, it's make difference in Service and hassel, In USA, payment process, change of ticket, dealing with flight cancellation or schedule change is easy compare to India.
We sell & Issue tickets in USA and India both country (plus Canada), but we ourself prefer to Issue tickets in USA, just because after sales it's easy to work with airlines in USA.

rated:
hi Patelbhai,

thank you for your support and advice through these years. We really appreciate it.

I'm looking for 2 tickets from ORD to BOM from dec20 2014 - jan5. When I spoke to your agency some months ago, a person indicated to start looking from end of June for this peak time frame, but some other agents are telling me that now is as good as any price later. They are quoting around $1770 (Etihad).
My qt is: From your experience, should I wait, and what price can I expect as reasonable (I'm trying to see if I should jump in on that price if I see it). I understand that there can be flash deals sometimes, but I'm trying to gauge the most likely price that I should jump on if I see it and by when should I purchase.

thanks in advance.

rated:
When is the best time to buy ticket for Second week of December?

Departure: 2nd week of December +/- 3 days (preferred date: Dec 12th)
Arrival:2nd week of January +/- 3 days (preferred Date: Jan 10th)

rated:
Luftansa is now charging $35 for seat assignments on certain fares from usa to india. this is per segment, not for the whole trip. This is ridiculous. This means for a round trup for a family of 4 or 5, we would need to spend about $500-600 extra just to sit together. what nonsense.

rated:
I am getting a fare of about $1360 between dfw to bom in January 2015. anyone know how good this is or should I wait?

rated:
visin said:   Luftansa is now charging $35 for seat assignments on certain fares from usa to india. this is per segment, not for the whole trip. This is ridiculous. This means for a round trup for a family of 4 or 5, we would need to spend about $500-600 extra just to sit together. what nonsense.

Yes, You are right, this is completly nonsense and its same as British Airways (which is charging around $27 per flight segment), and Emirates_ also does similar but in some cases it's restricts advance seat selection.

rated:
I am traveling
Outbound Flight: July 20-22 Washington DC (any airport) to AMD
Return Flight: Oct 05-11 AMD to Charleston, SC or Savannah, GA (whichever is cheaper).

Any help on pricing would be helpful.

rated:
Why are tickets very expensive when domestic segment is included when travelling from USA to India. I am talking $800 or more.

I am looking for tickets from MSP to HYD travelling in Sep and returning in Oct. Both Etihad and Cathay Pacific quote around $2000 or more and both include American Airlines domestic leg from MSP to ORD. For the same dates, from ORD to HYD, both the airlines quote around $1200. So the domestic segment difference is $800 or more. what gives?

rated:
Anyone has any experience with Virgin Atlantic, how is this airlines.
Looking on Kayak, I see good prices from Washington DC to Bombay for Dec 2014.

I am also thinking of doing a 3 day layover in London, I priced this on Kayak and again see a good deal on Virgin Atlantic.
Has anyone stopped in London on their way to India. I have two 8 year old kids, any guidance on how to plan the 3 day stay in London will be appreciated.

Looking for help in these area's ...
Baggage - Can I leave at airport in some storage or should I take with me to hotel
Taxi recommendation - airport to hotel
Hotel recommendations
Site seeing's - what should I do in 3 days
Anything else

Appreciate any feedback

rated:
you want taxi recommendations, hotel recommendations, site seeing recommendations? what research have you done? do you want someone to swallow your food for you also?

rated:
Hi PatelBhai,
I am planning to go to India for 4 weeks in December. My two weeks are fix (from Dec 20 - Jan 4) other two weeks can be adjust anyway. like 2 weeks prior to Dec 20, or 1 week prior to Dec 20, or 2 weeks after Jan4. Which way i should choose for better price. Should i bok the ticket now?

rated:
morpheus1 said:   Hi PatelBhai,
I am planning to go to India for 4 weeks in December. My two weeks are fix (from Dec 20 - Jan 4) other two weeks can be adjust anyway. like 2 weeks prior to Dec 20, or 1 week prior to Dec 20, or 2 weeks after Jan4. Which way i should choose for better price. Should i bok the ticket now?

To keep ticket price Lower... Departure date can be 1st DEC to 11 DEC from USA to India Travel.   If you are in East Coast, and if Gulf Airlines has service then Last departure date can go upto 14DEC.  If you are on East Coast, then you can also look for Virgin Atlantic. and To keep ticket price Lower, you should avoid returning date from 1st January to @10 JAN.  and if your travel date belongs to departure and return date I mentioned earlier, then you should book ticket now, and If it does not belongs to then you can wait.  If your travel date does not belongs to the date which I mentioned (like departure in Mid December and returning in Mid January) then you may want to consider buying two seperate tickets (that's last option).

rated:

To keep ticket price Lower... Departure date can be 1st DEC to 11 DEC from USA to India Travel.   If you are in East Coast, and if Gulf Airlines has service then Last departure date can go upto 14DEC.  If you are on East Coast, then you can also look for Virgin Atlantic. and To keep ticket price Lower, you should avoid returning date from 1st January to @10 JAN.  and if your travel date belongs to departure and return date I mentioned earlier, then you should book ticket now, and If it does not belongs to then you can wait.  If your travel date does not belongs to the date which I mentioned (like departure in Mid December and returning in Mid January) then you may want to consider buying two seperate tickets (that's last option).

rated:
Patel Bhai, Thanks so much for all your help. We looking for travelling to Bangalore from Pittsburgh during the first half of October (any day is fine) and returing in November. The best rates are in United for $1078 (it was $1025 a few days back). Will the rates go down? What is the best time to book?

rated:
PatelForIndia said:   

Thanks Patel bhai. 

rated:
Patel Bhai, One more question. I am travelling from Denver to Mumbai / Delhi. What is the best time to travel to India (cost wise) and when we should book the ticket. I saw your flow above in this page but it only covers Nov-Dec-Jan period. My one friend booked the ticket to India on $1200 and traveled during march. I am also looking for similar price range, What you will suggest to travel date should be?

rated:
Patelbhai, I am looking for one way tickets for 4 people from Mumbai to JFK / ORD / IAD or any other nearby airport travel date flexible in 1st week of August.  Can you please suggest some airlines with the cheapest fares

Thanks

rated:
I will ask you to check for other airlines like Lufthansa, Air-India, Jet Airways where your initial ticket price is less and change penalty is also less. Jet Airways can help you best to keep change penalty minimal. I do not think, you can get return ticket open but there are ways to evaluate same. If you want to get everything in one, then I think, Jet Airways can work.I work in this field, with passengers and with airlines staff time to time, but please please do not ask for quote request or price by PM in this thread here. This thread is simply not for it. Bring some unique question, or complex problems, I will be happy to help as much as I can. Thank you for understanding.

rated:
Just to be clear, this thread is for general tips on booking cheap fares to/from India, right? For specific booking related questions, we have to contact Mr. Patel directly?

Thanks.

rated:
Hi
even i don't get my question answer yet....

thanks

rated:
smileyft said:   Patel Bhai, Thanks so much for all your help. We looking for travelling to Bangalore from Pittsburgh during the first half of October (any day is fine) and returing in November. The best rates are in United for $1078 (it was $1025 a few days back). Will the rates go down? What is the best time to book?
  Rate will NOT go down then $10xx unless system mulfunctions (which is random and rare).  Since PIT is not major airport, getting something in $10xx range is still considered good deal and you should not be waiting any further. Thanks

rated:
msuakk said:   Patelbhai, I am looking for one way tickets for 4 people from Mumbai to JFK / ORD / IAD or any other nearby airport travel date flexible in 1st week of August.  Can you please suggest some airlines with the cheapest fares

Thanks

From IAD to BOM, you can get Lufthansa and Virgin as cheapest (if London transit is not an issue), and for JFK/EWR to BOM, you can check Jet Airways, British, Virgin and for some dates (_Emirates and Etihad), but if return is end of Augusut then most of airlines is not going to give very cheap price, so return date may want to take out of August and fist 10-12 days in September. Thanks

rated:
PatelForIndia said:   
smileyft said:   Patel Bhai, Thanks so much for all your help. We looking for travelling to Bangalore from Pittsburgh during the first half of October (any day is fine) and returing in November. The best rates are in United for $1078 (it was $1025 a few days back). Will the rates go down? What is the best time to book?
  Rate will NOT go down then $10xx unless system mulfunctions (which is random and rare).  Since PIT is not major airport, getting something in $10xx range is still considered good deal and you should not be waiting any further. Thanks

Thanks Patel Bhai.

rated:
smileyft said:   
PatelForIndia said:   

Thanks Patel Bhai.

I know Patel has been helpful to lot of people in this forum and I want to share an awful experience (on price changes) of one of my friends, with an agent. My friend booked airIndia ticket thru his regular agent for about $1400 as agent told that is the best price available. He got his e-ticket next day from agent and by chance  (I never looked at ticket thoroughly except booking code, now I have to) he was going thru the ticket and found interesting details there. Ticket pricing details were in indian rupees which in total <1100 USD. He called agent and asked why you charged more than $300 from actual price. Agent answered  "Did you book in India or pay in INR? you get that price only if you pay in Indian rupees" How stupid answer was that? That's clear sign of cheating, anyone can sense. My friend felt it is sneaky then called Air India customer service with ticket numbers and found price was <$1100 (exactly as specified in ticket in INR) in USD. After arguing back and forth, agent decided to give back the difference and charge $75 extra. My friend said okay, though he doesn't need to pay that extra $75. You never know you or I may be in my friend's place. So BEWARE of agents like that kind and CHECK your e-tickets and ask for the detail ticket if not provided. By chance if prices go down few agents don't let you know. There is no thumb rule to tell that prices wont vary. Or it could be a system malfunction as Patel said. My friend regretted that he should have booked directly from air India and not to trust anyone in the middle. He paid off total $150 (two tickets) extra money and hassle to deal with his agent. My own friends words "I was cheated because I trusted an untrustworthy, and I have to take the punishment/fine of $150". I believe he earned by learning the lesson. A lesson learned to me and all whom he shared this experience. 

These days almost every airlines have their own official website to sell their tickets (with connecting flights). They do have customer service and best prices to offer. So it is better to buy from them which I have been doing for long time. I used to book from an agent in India (even for USA outbound tickets), and that agent mostly (80% of times) uses makemytrip. Why do I need her (agent) to book on a website. Who doesn't know browsing and shopping in internet.  

Do little research yourself on Expedia or kayak like sites and get an idea on prices and routes. After deciding an itinerary, go to the selected airways website and make sure you are getting that price and then book. This way you are dealing with a big company vs an individual agent. Big companies run fair business (dont take it as individual doesn't run fair business. I mean company wont cheat like my friend's agent). If they fail doing so, you have options to complain about it. Most of the airlines offer the refunds (if prices go down) within 3days of booking or with little fees. You just need to ask. In my friend's case the difference was 300$ which is huge, even if you cancel and rebook, fees would be way less than 300$.

Have a safe shopping & travel.

rated:
Rsquarev,

After buying for $1400 Ticket, when your friend received less amount ticket so it shows that, some how agent managed to charge LESS even though he is able to charge amount for what ticket was purchased. So the time your friend received ticket with lower price amount, they had already charged less.., and party was already over and it was time to enjoy.

For the ticket which your friend received, when your friend called airlines, they also told that he has been charge less, then I do not see anything wrong here... It was good thing that they charged less even ticket price was indeed $1400 when your friend  purchased it.

In regards to sales agent mentioning you about Rupees, what he or she is saying is: When your friend  has purchased ticket in USA by paying USD, then you should be focusing on USD amount, not rupees.as ticket was issued in USA, not in India. Note when ticket purchased online at that time, system do not charge less then what you purchase.

Note that, If your friend purchased $1400 ticket and given authorization for $1400, then agent can charge for that amount, without worrying to charge less. and If he did then it's good thing..

rated:
Zakas,
Wow what an attention to my post?

Please don't misunderstand me asking this question. Were you the agent to my friend? I don't remember he ever mentioned the name of agent's company or 'Zakas'. Or, You had same kind of experience with one of your customers or friends?

If you are not the agent I mentioned in the post, please accept my apologies thinking so.
I gave a general suggestion on pricing changes to be wary of few greedy people. It doesn't mean everyone is like that. Bottomline is to educate fellow travelers that there is a chance of this incident. Don't worry much about it! We also have good and helpful agents like Patel bhai in this forum.

rated:
Patel Bhai,

I'm shopping for JFK-HYD. Departure is Dec 1st week and Return is the weekend after Christmas.

1. Lowest I see is $1300 for gulf airlines. The next best price is $250+ more. Per your previous post should I wait for better deals to come? (I really love to fly the A380 in Emirates but Emirates is in $1500+ now)
2. This is the first time flying with a 2+ year child and I noticed that the fare is 85% of adult fare. Is that typical or are there any tricks to get lower fare?

Thanks for all your help around

Cheers

rated:
Hi Patel bhai and others,
We are looking for two tickets to India during 12/18 - 1/4 from LEX/SDF to HYD and one ticket from LEX to HYD for 12/20 - 12/30.
Any suggestions for business or premium class tickets - airlines and also range of ticket prices?

Thanks in advance.

rated:

A friend just booked a ticket to BLR during that time frame from Cleveland for < $1000. If that city is an option you can try too. He said he booked online at IndianEagle. I just checked and they sure have tickets for that price (see attachment)

rated:
sthota said:   Patel Bhai,

I'm shopping for JFK-HYD. Departure is Dec 1st week and Return is the weekend after Christmas.

1. Lowest I see is $1300 for gulf airlines. The next best price is $250+ more. Per your previous post should I wait for better deals to come? (I really love to fly the A380 in Emirates but Emirates is in $1500+ now)
2. This is the first time flying with a 2+ year child and I noticed that the fare is 85% of adult fare. Is that typical or are there any tricks to get lower fare?

Thanks for all your help around

Cheers

Hey, the prices on Kayak are quite reasonable for the dates and cities you are targeting. In the attachment, see the green color prices. They are well below $1300. Book them, before the prices go up. Hope this helps.

rated:
roybar said:   smileyft said:   Patel Bhai, Thanks so much for all your help. We looking for travelling to Bangalore from Pittsburgh during the first half of October (any day is fine) and returing in November. The best rates are in United for $1078 (it was $1025 a few days back). Will the rates go down? What is the best time to book? 

A friend just booked a ticket to BLR during that time frame from Cleveland for < $1000. If that city is an option you can try too. He said he booked online at IndianEagle. I just checked and they sure have tickets for that price (see attachment)

Thank you.

rated:
smileyft said:   
roybar said:   smileyft said:   Patel Bhai, Thanks so much for all your help. We looking for travelling to Bangalore from Pittsburgh during the first half of October (any day is fine) and returing in November. The best rates are in United for $1078 (it was $1025 a few days back). Will the rates go down? What is the best time to book? 

Thank you.

You might like this fare - $1157;

rated:
Hey all, just wanted to say that if anyone here is planning to visit kerala September is the month. The climate is great and you will get to be a part of their festval Onam which is just amazing. Telling this from my experience.

rated:
quick travel experience at Abu Dhabi airport - Just got back from india and took Etihad airlines. The pre-clearance procedure (immigration etc) at Abu dhabi was very very quick and smooth. Once we landed in ORD, it was like in a domestic terminal - Just pick up bags and move on.. Hope they expand this to other (international) airports... Last time in ORD, it took me about 3+ hours to clear the immigration..

rated:
PatelForIndia said:   
dhiren55 said:   
 Thank You.. Planning go in mid Oct? if I want to go to Air india, do u think I should wait? Currently ewr-amd-ewr on AI is 1315 or so... Please advise

Yes, wait. Once June-July-August High Season is over, Air-India will bring down prices for Sept. and Oct.   This answer is only in reference to Air-India question, not for other airlines. 

Do you think its right time to buy AI for EWR-AMD-EWR  for OCT 18t - NOV 15th??   Someone quoted me $1135..Wait or  go for it??

rated:
dhiren55 said:   
PatelForIndia said:   
dhiren55 said:   
 Thank You.. Planning go in mid Oct? if I want to go to Air india, do u think I should wait? Currently ewr-amd-ewr on AI is 1315 or so... Please advise

Yes, wait. Once June-July-August High Season is over, Air-India will bring down prices for Sept. and Oct.   This answer is only in reference to Air-India question, not for other airlines. 

Do you think its right time to buy AI for EWR-AMD-EWR  for OCT 18t - NOV 15th??   Someone quoted me $1135..Wait or  go for it??

If you need only Air-India, then I think, you can think to take this. and if you wait, there may be chance to get little cheaper then this.

If you are ok with other airlines then Lufthansa/United have pretty lowest price going on right now. For Example (Round Trips): Cincinnati to Delhi around $9xx,  Columbus to Baroda Around $10xx  

rated:
roybar said:   

You might like this fare - $1157;

Thanks. We have booked.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 172737475 76
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014