• filter:
  • 173747576 77
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
bistouristus said:   Hi PatelBhai -

recently, i got a quote for Dallas --> CCU in Qatar with just 1 hr layover on Doha. Is that enough time to switch flights in Doha, as i heard they renovated the international airport?

Thanks

I think it's quite enough (based on our experience last year) while traveling to India but not vice versa as the security checks might take more time while coming to USA. The terminals were very close probably because constructions were going on.

rated:
Hi folks,

What is considered a good fare for travel from IAD to MAA during first week of Nov and returning first week of May? This is for a senior citizen.

Lufthansa is coming up as $799.

Is this a good time to book or should we wait some more time?

Thanks
DC-desi

rated:
nkab said:   Hi folks,

What is considered a good fare for travel from IAD to MAA during first week of Nov and returning first week of May? This is for a senior citizen.

Thanks
DC-desi

I think that's an excellent fare.

rated:
Hi Patel ji,

looking for a ticket for Del to Washington DC from 6th Oct 2014 to 20th March 2015, dates are flexible.

Thanks,
Sai

rated:
fritos427 said:   Hi Patel ji,

looking for a ticket for Del to Washington DC from 6th Oct 2014 to 20th March 2015, dates are flexible.

Thanks,
Sai

Please try Delta/KLM, At this moment that's only showing cheaper, tomorrow things can be different and something else can also come cheaper as it's low season travel from India to USA.

Thanks

rated:
nkab said:   Hi folks,

Thanks
DC-desi

Open the Parachute and Jump.  Shubh Kam Me Der Kaisi ?

rated:
Patelji,

Looking for tickets from DTW to BLR via DXB (1 wk stopover in Dec) from Dec 24/25 to Jan 17/18, 2015. What's the best time to buy? Currently seeing prices above $1800 now.

Thanks
Traveler2010

rated:
45m layover in Doha is decent enough. They are really efficient at transferring people in Doha.

rated:
Hi Patelbhai,

I am getting a quote for SFO to AMD from Dec 14th to Jan 8th for $1770. Do you think this is a good price or should I wait for prices to go down?

Appreciate your help to the community.

Thanks.

rated:
pappukhatri said:   Hi Patelbhai,

I am getting a quote for SFO to AMD from Dec 14th to Jan 8th for $1770. Do you think this is a good price or should I wait for prices to go down?

Thanks.

This is normal price for December month. Anything after 9-10th December USA to India travel, and returning back in 1 to 12 January, will have similar price level. So, this is not Special Promotion price and this is not High Price, and if you wait for promotion price then you may endup paying $1900-$2000 too...so sometime, when time is running out, you can not keep waiting for promotion and you may have to jump on this price. Chances are less to get anything cheaper for exact same dates for AMD. 

rated:
traveler2010 said:   Patelji,

Looking for tickets from DTW to BLR via DXB (1 wk stopover in Dec) from Dec 24/25 to Jan 17/18, 2015. What's the best time to buy? Currently seeing prices above $1800 now.

Thanks
Traveler2010

Based on your stopover requirement for Dubai, Only Emirates_ can fullfil it or Delta can do it, (Chances are less for Delta with Stopover), plus 24-25 Dec is first dates where December Medium season starts. so I think, $1800 is ok with Dubai Stopover in regards to departure date 24-25 DEC.

rated:
PatelForIndia said:   
pappukhatri said:   Hi Patelbhai,

Thanks.

This is normal price for December month. Anything after 9-10th December USA to India travel, and returning back in 1 to 12 January, will have similar price level. So, this is not Special Promotion price and this is not High Price, and if you wait for promotion price then you may endup paying $1900-$2000 too...so sometime, when time is running out, you can not keep waiting for promotion and you may have to jump on this price. Chances are less to get anything cheaper for exact same dates for AMD. 

Thank you very much Patelbhai for your input.

rated:
PatelForIndia said:   
traveler2010 said:   Patelji,

Thanks
Traveler2010

Based on your stopover requirement for Dubai, Only Emirates_ can fullfil it or Delta can do it, (Chances are less for Delta with Stopover), plus 24-25 Dec is first dates where December Medium season starts. so I think, $1800 is ok with Dubai Stopover in regards to departure date 24-25 DEC.

Thank you Patel bhai.

Traveler2010

rated:
Hi,

I am getting a prices from Kayak for sfo to bom dec 21/22 to jan 4-7 - $2080 for an adult. I am getting all these indian travel agents who are able to offer similar flights for around $1700 a person. Are they legit or do not bother?

rated:
Patelbhai! Need some help please.

Would like to buy a ticket for my fiance to come visit me here in the U.S

Dates: December 27th,28th,29th 2014 to February 18th or so.

I've set up all sorts of alerts and so far the cheapest I've seen is BOM-JFK-BOM for $980
Should I take it or wait for something cheaper?

rated:
Hi,
Is it safe to fly via mideast (Dubai, Doha, Abu Dhabi) as I heard that these airports check for ebola virus for all travellers?

Patelbhai - Are people booking flights via these airports in Dec/Jan timeframe?

rated:
Hi Patel
I am Patel too, I booked ewr-amd via Brussel and Mumbai from JetAirways and jetconnect online Yesterday for $1108 roundtrip 12/28/14 - 01/27/15 for my parents I have question about baggage that my parents has to transfer luggage at Mumbai or Jet transfer to connecting flight which is Jetconnect and custom done at Mumbai or Amdavad
Please share if you know any experience because both are senior citizen
Thanks in Advance

rated:
USAVE said:   Hi Patel
I am Patel too, I booked ewr-amd via Brussel and Mumbai from JetAirways and jetconnect online Yesterday for $1108 roundtrip 12/28/14 - 01/27/15 for my parents I have question about baggage that my parents has to transfer luggage at Mumbai or Jet transfer to connecting flight which is Jetconnect and custom done at Mumbai or Amdavad
Thanks in Advance

Here is how it will work:
(1) Arrive in Mumbai, stand-up in queue, show passport, give filled customs form, to pass Immigration window (same as here).

(2) After passed immigration, and move ahead, they will arrive in Baggage Pickup area, where they will pickup baggage and with Bags loaded on trolly, they will pass Customs Screener. Customs staff may ask: "Do you have iphone or iPad ?   (if said "yes" then be ready to negotiate)

(3) As they pass custom's Baggage Screener, Turn Right (with trolly), and there is easy to follow long path way (Lobby), start walking on it, When they are walking in this lobby, one security staff will ask to show Custom Form Receipt (bottom half). After this they need to keep walking straight, at one point, on left side, they will see a main gate, which goes outside, where people are waiting to receive their relatives, by mistake,do not go to this main gate, as once they are out of airport building, security person will not allow them to come back... So as long as they do not turn anywhere in the lobby they are good, Keep walking straight, so at the end of lobby, there is Jet Airways Counter for domestic connection, Here they will take Baggage and will do re-checkin.

(4) After baggage is given to Jet Counter, from same area, they will see, people standing in queue to wait for domestic airport shuttle. so without baggage (with handbags) they will board Coach bus, which will take them to domestic terminal.

(5) Before they leave International Airport, and arrive at domestic airport, they will need to have print out of their itinerary or e-ticket, as security person will validate their domestic flight in the itinerary.

(6) On domestic terminal, they do not have to handle baggage. 

- In case, if there is long layover in Mumbai then domestic terminal has more facility (chairs, water, food, internet) to take rest compare to International airport.

-In the lobby, if they make mistake, and come out on International Airport gate, then they will have to take taxi to go to domestic terminal. As security staff does not allow to enter back, even if you have passed from there just 1 min ago.

rated:
Thank you very much
Your detail reply help them lots, also I requested wheel chair from plane gate for both might that helps them too
Thanks again Keep up with forum helps lots

rated:
PatelForIndia said:   
USAVE said:   Hi Patel
Thanks in Advance

Here is how it will work:

(1) Arrive in Mumbai, stand-up in queue, show passport and give filled custom declaration form to immigration counter (same as here).

(2) After immigration counter is passed, move ahead and they will arrive in Baggage Pickup area, where they will pickup baggage from belt and with load bags on trolly,  and arriave to baggage screener machine for Customs .Staff at Custom Counter, may ask: "Do you have iphone or iPad ?   (if said "yes" then be ready to negotiate)

(3) As they pass custom's baggage screener, Turn Right (with trolly), and there is easy to follow long path way (Lobby), start walking on it, When they are walking in this lobby, one security staff will ask to give Custom Form Receipt (bottom half). After this they need to keep walking straight, at one point, on left side, they will see a main gate, which goes outside, where people are waiting to receive their relatives, by mistake, do not go to this main gate, as once they are out of this gate, security person will not allow them to come back... So as long as they do not turn anywhere in the lobby they are good, Keep walking straight, so at the end of lobby, there is Jet Airways Counter for domestic connection, Here Jet Airways staff will take Baggage and will do re-checkin. Take baggage tags.

(4) After baggage is given to Jet Counter, from same area, they will find, people standing in queue, and waiting to board for domestic airport shuttle/ Coach. so without baggage (with carry-on) they will board Coach bus, which will take them to domestic terminal.

(5) Before they leave International Airport, and arrive at domestic airport, they will need to have print out of their itinerary or e-ticket, as security person will validate their domestic flight in the itinerary.

(6) On domestic terminal, they do not have to handle baggage. 

- In case, if there is long layover in Mumbai then domestic terminal has more facility (chairs, water, food, internet) to take rest compare to International airport.

-In the lobby, if they make mistake, and come out on International Airport gate, then they will have to take taxi to go to domestic terminal. As security staff does not allow to enter back, even if you have passed from there just 1 min ago.

rated:
Hi mr. Patel from India, in above response you mentioned iPhone and iPad. What do you mean "be ready to negotiate". I will be traveling to Delhi and I will have both an iPhone 2 and possibly iPhone 6 or iphone4 for sure. Both will be brought back with me to. USA. Do I have to worry and not take these items at all? I will need phone to be used at US airports only. 
Thanks in advance. 

rated:
What about iPhone and iPad?

rated:
KLM80 said:   Hi mr. Patel from India, in above response you mentioned iPhone and iPad. What do you mean "be ready to negotiate". I will be traveling to Delhi and I will have both an iPhone 2 and possibly iPhone 6 or iphone4 for sure. Both will be brought back with me to. USA. Do I have to worry and not take these items at all? I will need phone to be used at US airports only. 
Thanks in advance. 

Based on what I seen during my travel plus based on what I heard from people travelling from Mumbai and Hyderabad, On duty Customs staff is looking for chance to make money. Generally, NRIs gets request from relatives in India to bring iPhone or iPad for them, and Since, Apple's product are costly, Custom staff at scanner just simply ask for it, to see, what you are replying..... they just simply throw ball to you, to test you, Being honest, if you say, "Yes",  then they grab moment and start asking you to pay Custom Duty ..blah...blah..blah...... and when you negotiate with our Indian Style, finally you end-up giving some leftover Hari Patti under the table to them from your pocket... (to get away from bigger amount), which is finally becomes thier real Salary. so in above post, I mentioned it, they ask about it to find "Bakra", and some honest people jgets stuck in to their trap without any reason. This is not the place, to fight with them asking "Show me your custom rules and regulation...",

They had asked me, and I said "No", but in a Coach bus, there was a student who was coming back from Canada, and had went to Canada form Mumbai 2 week ago, just to give exam, and he ended up paying $20 to them for iphone...and was saying that, he took his iphone from Mumbai to Canada and was coming back with it to return, but still he ended up paying $20 after negotiating with him....

Sometime, we travel to India with 2 Laptops (1 Personal + 1 Company Work laptop), Sometime they take benefit of this to just make money, so I prefer to stay away from them as long as possible. Some years ago, they kept my Scanner and other computer hardwares (at Ahmedabad Airport)

This does not happens to everyone, but this is something to keep in mind and be alert. 

-----------------------
This reminds me one interesting experience in India around 20 years ago, in Ahemedabad, I was driving bike and one traffic policeman stopped me for something, I ended up giving 10 Rs. and then I asked him that, I given 10 Rs, but once I go ahead and what if some other policeman stops me for same ? then he asked me to show my hand and he use his ballpen to make some sign in my hand, and told me that: if any second traffic policeman asks then show this my sign. He will not charge you...   Still today, I have not understood that, this was really a "Paid Stamp" or he was just making me fool... but I liked his idea for marking down Bakra. This is same way, as in India, when Boy is born, specific group of people comes to collect money under the name of "Mataji" and once you give them money as a tradition, they make marking on your home, so other group in that area knows that, you already paid up. 

rated:
Thank you Mr Patel for clarifying my confusion. I am one of those honest /naive ones who would say yes. I will make sure not to take iPhone and iPad to India. Just one more question, how about Delhi airport, from where I will be taking spice jet to indore. 

rated:
Can someone please share their experience with traveling FRA to BOM via Lufthansa.
I have two small kids and need a personal entertainment system to keep them engaged - the FRA-BOM flight is 747-400 which I believe does not have personal entertainment system - can any recent travelers on this flight confirm?

I am planning a trip to India ATL-FRA-BOM and return (last week of May 2015 and returning first week of Jul 2015)
I am getting $1075 per person via Lufthansa;
Is this a good price and also a good time to book or should I wait?

Thanks a lot for your inputs.

rated:
Hi Patelji,My parents are planning to travel from delhi to Chicago via Airindia between 2 Nov to 17 December. They are getting it for RS.95000 right now. 2 days earlier travel agent India told for Rs. 78000. I checked online as well both days...it showed me fluctuation in price. TA wants to buy it immediately (seat wouldn't be available) but i feel it is a trend price can again come down is 2-3 days. What would you suggest me...Should wait or buy it immediately...if you need further detail let me know. I'll appreciate your help.Thanks in advance.

rated:
janu15 said:   Hi Patelji,My parents are planning to travel from delhi to Chicago via Airindia between 2 Nov to 17 December. They are getting it for RS.95000 right now. 2 days earlier travel agent India told for Rs. 78000. I checked online as well both days...it showed me fluctuation in price. TA wants to buy it immediately (seat wouldn't be available) but i feel it is a trend price can again come down is 2-3 days. What would you suggest me...Should wait or buy it immediately...if you need further detail let me know. I'll appreciate your help.Thanks in advance.

I did checked and 78000 Rs price was there from 03 Sept to 10 Sept.  and then it went 91000 Rs and then 94000 Rs.currently.

Now a days, since fare system are electronically connected, Airlines prices are day to day (in earlier days, fares was based on paper pricelist so it was not fluctuating much for long time). For 20000 Rs difference it's hard to say firm on what will happen tomorrow, but since November is not that high season, you can take chance and wait for sometime for lower price, and you can also keep date little flexible to stay inline with price.

You can buy this ticket in USA also.

rated:
PatelForIndia said:   
janu15 said:   Hi Patelji,My parents are planning to travel from delhi to Chicago via Airindia between 2 Nov to 17 December. They are getting it for RS.95000 right now. 2 days earlier travel agent India told for Rs. 78000. I checked online as well both days...it showed me fluctuation in price. TA wants to buy it immediately (seat wouldn't be available) but i feel it is a trend price can again come down is 2-3 days. What would you suggest me...Should wait or buy it immediately...if you need further detail let me know. I'll appreciate your help.Thanks in advance.

I did checked and 78000 Rs price was there from 03 Sept to 10 Sept.  and then it went 91000 Rs and then 94000 Rs.currently.

Now a days, since fare system are electronically connected, Airlines prices are day to day (in earlier days, fares was based on paper pricelist so it was not fluctuating much for long time). For 20000 Rs difference it's hard to say firm on what will happen tomorrow, but since November is not that high season, you can take chance and wait for sometime for lower price, and you can also keep date little flexible to stay inline with price.

You can buy this ticket in USA also.

Thanks for quick reply Patelji,
       Your answer made me a great guideline but can you please clear it more. while coming to Chicago they have fixed date Nov 2 ( since they have some company along) but going back to Delhi we have flexiblity of 1 week. Since November wouldn't be high season ,can I expect seat will be available for Nov 2 in next 7 days( If we wait ) ?. And looking at the trend ,can we expect more expensive ticket if we wait ? ( Me and my parents are more worried about seat availability as well). Appreciate your response.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 173747576 77
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014