• filter:
  • 174757677 78
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
bhavkaka said:   Hi Patel Bhai. I'm planning to travel from IAD to BOM in Jun-Jul. What would be the best time to buy tickets. Thank You in advance.

IAD to BOM for June-July, I think it will be better to wait till at least up to 3 months in advance. This year, there was a price mistake by Etihad-Jet Airways and for December high season people ended up getting tickets for $6xx (but that does not happen all the time...)

Since IAD to BOM, there are lots of airlines to choose and also in June month there is two types of season, June first week Departure is cheaper and Mid June onwards is going to be costly season, so I will suggest to wait and watch till April and if lower prices comes before that, then it's good to jump.

rated:
prashp1 said:   Hi Patel Bhai. I am traveling from either JFK/EWR to AMD from Jan 3 - Feb 21 with family. Should I wait for Jan travel to see if prices will go lower or buy it now? Which airline will have it lower for Jan travel? Thanks
  January first week departure, no more need to wait... At last Emirates_ was cheaper and now Air-India can be cheaper (due to lower sales in past days).

rated:
what do you mean by more dependable?.� my mom is traveling alone. is it safty wise more dependable, or time wise?

rated:
PatelForIndia said:   
Peeps said:   PatelBhai, I am planning a trip to India from US end of May 2015 for a month and a half. When is the best time to make the reservation? Right now, seeing Qatar fares around 990. Please advise. Tx
ok, Qatar Airlines showing $990 but from which airport to which airport ?  JFK to Chennai that's normal prices for  May.  San Diago to Hyderabad, that's considered very good price so, Please let us know more detail.

In general, From February to Mid May considered lowest price season for USA to India travel (excluding return in August from India to USA).  Prices starts increasing slowly for travel date 18-20 May onward due to summer school vacation effect .

and generally if your travel date belongs to end of May, then generally it is recommended to buy ticket around 3 months in advance, but if airlines is giving lowest price range before then 3 months and your travel plan is firm then it's always good to jump early instead of waiting for 3 months time period arrive.

Thanks

Thanks. IAD - BLR (or ORD - BLR). I am also seeing American Airlines around $900.

rated:
denishshah said:   what do you mean by more dependable?.� my mom is traveling alone. is it safty wise more dependable, or time wise?
  Etihad Airlines has more flight frequency, partner flight networks and  responsive customer service compare to what you get from Turkish Airlines. 

rated:
Peeps said:   
PatelForIndia said:   
Peeps said:   PatelBhai, I am planning a trip to India from US end of May 2015 for a month and a half. When is the best time to make the reservation? Right now, seeing Qatar fares around 990. Please advise. Tx
ok, Qatar Airlines showing $990 but from which airport to which airport ?  JFK to Chennai that's normal prices for  May.  San Diago to Hyderabad, that's considered very good price so, Please let us know more detail.

In general, From February to Mid May considered lowest price season for USA to India travel (excluding return in August from India to USA).  Prices starts increasing slowly for travel date 18-20 May onward due to summer school vacation effect .

and generally if your travel date belongs to end of May, then generally it is recommended to buy ticket around 3 months in advance, but if airlines is giving lowest price range before then 3 months and your travel plan is firm then it's always good to jump early instead of waiting for 3 months time period arrive.

Thanks

Thanks. IAD - BLR (or ORD - BLR). I am also seeing American Airlines around $900.

Yes, IAD to BLR end of May, $9xx price considered good.

rated:
Thanks for all the info guys. I'm traveling there in December!

rated:
PatelForIndia said:   

Etihad Airlines has more flight frequency, partner flight networks and  responsive customer service compare to what you get from Turkish Airlines. 

Hi Patelbhai,
I am planning to travel from Dec 26th to Jan 17th from NYC to AMD. as of today the lowest far I am getting is $1547. Are there any chance if the price will go lower than this. I can change the dates by couple of days. Total four travelers. 2 adult and 2 kids (under 12).
Thanks,

rated:
Hi Patelbhai
Can you tell me the best fares for passengers traveling FROM India to Atlanta in Dec. I need two tickets
Outbound: BOM - ATL around 12/20
Return: ATL - BOM around 3/10

TIA

rated:
Hello PatelBhai,
I have to book 1 ticket from Boston - Ahmedabad and I want to travel with Emirates. Date are Jan 18th - Feb 04. I am flexible with dates, just that I need to be there on Jan 27th for a wedding. Currently on Emirates website I am getting $1390 which seems like an awesome price. Should I book it or would you suggest to wait?
Thanks,
Mz

rated:
Hello PatelBhai,
I have to book 1 ticket from Boston - Ahmedabad and I want to travel with Emirates. Date are Jan 18th - Feb 04. I am flexible with dates, just that I need to be there on Jan 27th for a wedding. Currently on Emirates website I am getting $1390 which seems like an awesome price. Should I book it or would you suggest to wait?
Thanks,
Mz

rated:
mvpBos said:   Hello PatelBhai,
Thanks,
Mz

Since Emirates_Prices can fluctuate or sometime they may release 2-3 days promotional price, it is little hard to advise you to proceed because, at this moment, this fare may look good, but at some point, if Emirates_ release any unexpected sale fare then you may feel that now prices went so low...

rated:
Thank you so much for your prompt reply! I guess I'll monitor the prices on their website for a few days and see if any difference or else will go ahead with this one.
Do you suggest any particular combination of days? I am already seacrhing for flying on a sunday and coming back on a Wed....but if any other suggestions please do advise.
Overall I have to thank you for all your valuable suggestions in this thread...I got to know several things just from this forum...amazing!

rated:
Hello Patelbhai, I am looking for 2 tickets from India MUM to DFW from 22Dec2014 till 9Jan2015 for 1Adult + 1Kid. Can you pl suggest for any options.

rated:
Hello Patelbhai:-

I am looking for 3 return tickets for DEL-JFK/EWR.
Departure from DEL: May 29-30
Return from NYC: Jun 26-27

Currently seeing $900 on Kuwait and Air India non-stop (which says only 3 seats left!) What do you advise?

rated:
Hello PatelBhai,

I am looking for deals for for following multicity itinerary -

MUM - ATL 27th Jan, 2015
SFO - MUM 9th July, 2015

Using the multicity option, I am getting $1325 on British airway. The reason to go for British is that they allow 2 baggage of 23 kg free and have only 1 stop at LHR. Any other suggestion for airline with similar benefits? If not, what trends do you see for now. Is it good price or shall I wait? I am flexible for dates by 1 week or so either ways.

Thanks in advance !! Highly appreciate your suggestions.

rated:
Paks12 said:   Hello PatelBhai,

MUM - ATL 27th Jan, 2015
SFO - MUM 9th July, 2015

Using the multicity option, I am getting $1325 on British airway. The reason to go for British is that they allow 2 baggage of 23 kg free and have only 1 stop at LHR. Any other suggestion for airline with similar benefits? If not, what trends do you see for now. Is it good price or shall I wait? I am flexible for dates by 1 week or so either ways.

I checked,  
(1) If you are ok with two stop and 2 bags, then Qatar Airlines can give you around $100 price lower for BOM-ATL // SFO-BOM
(2) If you are ok to adjust date little bit here and there, then you can get Lufthansa also around $100 less then British Airways.
(3) If you have personal preference for British Airways then I will give you one idea.  In your plan, when they go from Atlanta to SFO, that will be costly plus domestic airlines will not allow all luggage which they brought with them, so they can be charged for luggage in domestic flight, so  based on what I checked, by paying little bit extra like $50-$75, you can even get ATL to SFO, also included, where domestic airlines will also accept their luggage without any extra charge. For Fine Tuning, I will suggest to work with agent.

Thanks

rated:
aneeshoberoi said:   Hello Patelbhai:-

I am looking for 3 return tickets for DEL-JFK/EWR.

Currently seeing $900 on Kuwait and Air India non-stop (which says only 3 seats left!) What do you advise?

I will not suggest Kuwait Airlines, as long as you can get similar or little more price with Air-India. Since USA to India journey is during Summer Vacation High Season, I will suggest not to wait longer and take something in $10xx range.

rated:
Hello Patelbhai

Looking for 4 tickets  - IAD to MAA - around 6/28/14 to 7/24/15  - When do you think I should buy the tickets? Do you think ticket will become cheap? Air canada comes with 1360 - I was hoping to a $1000 price range.

rated:
krupa said:   Hello Patelbhai

Looking for 4 tickets  - IAD to MAA - around 6/28/14 to 7/24/15  - When do you think I should buy the tickets? Do you think ticket will become cheap? Air canada comes with 1360 - I was hoping to a $1000 price range.

Anything departure from around (06-12 June to till 04-12 July)   is belongs to years' highest price season as Summer Vacation Time, which is equivalent to current Departure from (6-12 DEC to til 24-25 DEC), So, expecting $1000 price does not match with reality.  $1000 price can possible in very rare scenario like system malfunction, but that's random case, which may happen and may not happen.  So I will say $13xx price is still good, but Air-Canada goes via Canada, so please check their Transit Visa requirement, otherwise you should be able to get similar from Air Canada Partners without going via Canada.  If you do not jump on Air Canada, then later when time comes, some other airlines may have good price. Shopping has not started for next year June-July travel yet.

rated:
Hello Patel Bhai,

Planning to go to India from IAD to MAA ( Feb 15 2015 and return on June 10 2015) 4 tickets 2 adults 2 children

Getting Qatar for 850$ and Emirates for 900$

Have a special needs child.

so I have 2 questions

1. Are the prices okay?

2. Should I wait any longer or book my tickets?

3. Which Airlines is better Qatar or Emirates?

rated:
Dear Patel Bhai,

I have a Special Needs child, is it better to book tickets directly with the airline or is it better to book through agent. my plans are firm.

rated:
coolneaz said:   Dear Patel Bhai,

I have a Special Needs child, is it better to book tickets directly with the airline or is it better to book through agent. my plans are firm.

Prices are pretty good right now, which you may not get again in future for matching your travel date.

For Child's Special need, generally it does not make any difference if you book with airlines or agent, because finally all service request is reaching till Airlines counter using commands, so it does not make any difference if commands are entered by Airlines CSR or by Agent.

Between Qatar and Emirates_ Since prices are almost same, and you have special need for Child, I will suggest to go with Qatar Airlines, Reason is:
(1) Emirates_ has almost 7 hours Layover in Dubai, which may become hard to pass for Childrens after spending 13 hours long journey in flight. and Qatar Airlines as 2 hours in Doha which is reasonable and helpful.
(2) Since Emirates_ Airlines flies high, sometime they do not act like they give much attention to special request or acts like they do not care much if passenger picks them or not.... (this is what we have seen in other cases like if they have 7 hours rules for accommodation, if some customer has 15 minutes less in 7 hours, then on special request they will not consider to help passenger for goodwill. Sometime if ticket prices increases in the evening without any advance notice, they will not honor original prices, just like they do not care...So, I am not sure, which type of special request you need but I am talking in general...

rated:
Hi Patelbhai!

I posted about $900 on DEL-JFK/EWR a few days back, but missed those fares.

Now everything is 1100+, except Aeroflot which has a 7-hour layover at SVO. Do you suggest buying now or waiting till the actual shopping season for June-July 2015 starts? (like mid-March maybe?)

Thanks!

rated:
PatelBhai, Need your advice... I am looking for 2 BOM-IAD-BOM tix and am very flexible on dates... Depart anytime in April, return 6 months after departure. I thought that April won't be high fares, but currently see tix are around $1180 even for Tue / Wed flights. Are these the expected prices for that time of the year, or should I wait some more?

rated:
GreenQueen said:   PatelBhai, Need your advice... I am looking for 2 BOM-IAD-BOM tix and am very flexible on dates... Depart anytime in April, return 6 months after departure. I thought that April won't be high fares, but currently see tix are around $1180 even for Tue / Wed flights. Are these the expected prices for that time of the year, or should I wait some more?
  Did you checked Etihad Airlines ?  Today we sold BLR-SFO-BLR for February month for $9xx range including taxes, so for BOM-IAD-BOM distance is less so based on that, I will suggest to check either Etihad Airlines prices, and if it not working out then I will suggest to wait for some time as April is little far and you may get better as time passes...

rated:
aneeshoberoi said:   Hi Patelbhai!

I posted about $900 on DEL-JFK/EWR a few days back, but missed those fares.

Now everything is 1100+, except Aeroflot which has a 7-hour layover at SVO. Do you suggest buying now or waiting till the actual shopping season for June-July 2015 starts? (like mid-March maybe?)

Thanks!

In your itinerary, logic is behind return journey which you mentioned for June 26-27.  As I mentioned earlier, from June 10 to July 12 is Summer vacation time in USA, where people in US, pays high price to airlines to travel with family in summer vacation, while you are looking for $9xx price range ticket but If Airlines is able to sell same seat for (JFK-DEL) for $1500 to $2000 price range, then for your DEL-JFK-DEL, why they would like to sell you for $9xx ? Plus, For India to USA, May month is considered High season, so definitely you can wait till March month, if one airlines does not work then some other airlines will work out at later date, but I will not suggest to go with Aeroflot type airlines, wait and watch,,, right now airlines has not started to focus much on next Summer Travel.

rated:
Patelbhai,

Sister planning to come from India. Looking for flight from BOM to IAD. Travel dates May 6 to June 10th. When is good time to book? I am seeing aprox 1158$ (72K Rs) for now. Is it safe to book now or too early? Is it peak season for these dates?

rated:
PatelForIndia said:   
Paks12 said:   Hello PatelBhai,

MUM - ATL 27th Jan, 2015
SFO - MUM 9th July, 2015

I checked,  
(1) If you are ok with two stop and 2 bags, then Qatar Airlines can give you around $100 price lower for BOM-ATL // SFO-BOM
(2) If you are ok to adjust date little bit here and there, then you can get Lufthansa also around $100 less then British Airways.
(3) If you have personal preference for British Airways then I will give you one idea.  In your plan, when they go from Atlanta to SFO, that will be costly plus domestic airlines will not allow all luggage which they brought with them, so they can be charged for luggage in domestic flight, so  based on what I checked, by paying little bit extra like $50-$75, you can even get ATL to SFO, also included, where domestic airlines will also accept their luggage without any extra charge. For Fine Tuning, I will suggest to work with agent.

Thanks

Thanks Patel Bhai, I'll check with the agent. 

rated:

wolfy234;18824797 said:Patelbhai,

Sister planning to come from India. Looking for flight from BOM to IAD. Travel dates May 6 to June 10th. When is good time to book? I am seeing aprox 1158$ (72K Rs) for now. Is it safe to book now or too early? Is it peak season for these dates?

Patelbhai,

No suggestions? Slight change of plans. AMD to IAD is fine too if its cheaper and travel dates between May 2nd to June 4th. Is it too early to book? 

rated:
wolfy234 said:   

wolfy234;18824797 said:Patelbhai,

Patelbhai,

No suggestions? Slight change of plans. AMD to IAD is fine too if its cheaper and travel dates between May 2nd to June 4th. Is it too early to book? 

AMD-IAD-AMD for your dates, Qatar Airlines is showing around $9xx Including Taxes. and That's one of the best option is going to be...Please go and get it...

Thanks

rated:
Delta to stop Amsterdam-Mumbai service (from 28th March 2015)Delta Air Lines is set to stop its direct link between Amsterdam and Mumbai. However, it will continue to offer services between India and the US through its partner airlines (Like Air France).

Delta confirms that effective Spring 2015 it will suspend its service between Amsterdam, Netherlands and Mumbai, India. The last eastbound service from Amsterdam will be on March 27, 2015 and the Last westbound service will depart Mumbai on March 28, 2015,” the carrier said in a note.

“Delta remains committed to India and will continue to offer daily code share services between India and the US vis our joint venture partners Air France KLM with flights to Mumbai via Paris and to Delhi via Amsterdam,” it added.

Delta has been cutting down on services to India since 2009.

rated:
Hello - I am planning to travel to india in March '15 and return will Apr 9th. Seeing good rates with Lufthansa and Qatar (around $850). Is this good price for that season or should i wait for less price?
I dont want to travel via europe.

Please suggest

rated:
I am planning to travel with family ( 2adult + 1 child) between 26th May n return back on 1st week of July . When is the best time to book the ticket ? SFO to MAA

rated:
srchandru4u said:   I am planning to travel with family ( 2adult + 1 child) between 26th May n return back on 1st week of July . When is the best time to book the ticket ? SFO to MAA
  Watch for Promotional/Sale fares from Mid January to mid March... Etihad Airlines may bring some good prices in upcoming days...

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 174757677 78
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014