• filter:
  • 178798081 82
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Attention:  If you or your parents/relatives have Hand-Written Indian Passport, then please note that, in Nov 2014, Indian Govt. had announced that, they are phasing out all non-machine readable passports,

From the 25th November, 2015 onward, foreign Governments may deny Visa or entry to any person travelling on a non-Machine Readable Passport (Hand-written Indian Passport).

Today, we have came to know first case, where passenger was travelling from Washington DC on urgency, but Emirates_  AIRLINES DENIED BOARDING due to hand-written passport.

If you know anyone, who has handwritten passport, please suggest to get it renewed asap, as you never know, when there will be emergency to travel...

Also, in old age people were keeping passport in Bank Locker, but now a days its not that important. We have seen cases like, passenger has urgency to India during weekend, they can not leave USA till Monday because passport is in bank locker and bank will be opens 9AM on Monday morning, so you can be in very bad situation..

More Detail about Hand-Written passports:

Embassy of India:  Public Advisory on Urgent Re-issuance of Passports 

PUBLIC ADVISORY1. Indian citizens living in India and abroad are advised to apply for urgent re-issuance of their passports in the following cases

i). HANDWRITTEN PASSPORTSThe International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) has set a deadline of the 24th November, 2015 for globally phasing out of all non-Machine Readable Passports (MRPs). From the 25th November, 2015 onwards, foreign Governments may deny Visa or entry to any person travelling on a non-Machine Readable Passport.The Government of India has been issuing Machine Readable Passports since 2001. The Passports, however, issued before 2001 and particularly those issued during mid 1990s with a validity of 20 years will fall in the category of non-MRPs. All handwritten passports with pasted photographs are also considered non-MRPs. 
By the end of November 2014, it is estimated that there are approximately 2.86 lakh handwritten passports in circulation. Approximately 6 crore Indian hold valid passports. 
Indian citizens residing in India and abroad and holding such passports with validity beyond the 24th November, 2015 are advised to apply for re-issue of their passports well before the deadline in order to avoid any inconvenience in obtaining valid visa or international travel.

(ii) PASSPORTS VALID FOR LESS THAN SIX MONTHS

Many international travellers may not realise that having an unexpired passport is sometimes not enough to obtain Visas or to enter certain foreign countries. Indian citizens travelling on Passports which may expire in less than six months should renew their passports before any upcoming international travel. It is especially important to check the passports needs of any minor who may be accompanying their parents as passports for minors have a shorter validity period (5 years) than passports for adults (10 years). The universal practice in vogue now is; "Once your passport crosses the nine-year mark, it is time to get new passport".

(iii) EXHAUSTION OF VISA PAGES 
Some countries do not accept passports which may have fewer than two pages remaining. Please check your passport to ensure that you have enough visa pages. There is no provision of additional booklets/pages and you will be required to apply reissuance of passport following standard procedures. Frequent travellers may opt for Jumbo Passport containing 64 pages. 
 2. All Passport Issuing Authorities have instituted a simple and fast-track procedure for renewal of passports. For more details related to passport services, website www.passportindia.gov.in - or the National Call Centre (1800-258-1800 - Toll Free) may be accessed. Indian citizens living abroad should visit the website of respective Indian Mission/Post.

rated:
hello patelji when is the right time to book ticket for summer travel mid june to mid july. any suggestions for sfo to blr or sfo to bom

rated:
You have the AI direct flight from SFO; so great news.

rated:
Today, we had 3rd case about "Hand written Indian Passport"

Passenger traveled from Miami to Mumbai with hand-written passport. In this case, he was lucky that Lufthansa did not deny his boarding, but when he landed at Mumbai airport, Immigration officer let him clear immigration and told that, he can not leave India with this passport anymore. Bad luck is, this passenger reached to Mumbai today, and for tomorrow he has booked Mumbai-Dubai-Mumbai family vacation (flights + costly Dubai hotels), So tomorrow, with famil, when he go to Mumbai Airport to catch Dubai flight not sure, what will happen as husband and wife both passports are hand-written and children passports are machine readable.., tomorrow, either Emirates_ Airlines can denied his boarding or Immigration officer can also stop him to leave country on hand-written passport... Stay tuned....

rated:
Patelbhai - Planning to travel from Charlotte, NC to Ahmedabad. Starting from Charlotte around 2nd week in February and returning preferably last week of March (or 3rd week if tickets are cheap). I would prefer Emirates, Etihad or Qatar.

What would be the best date / price?

rated:
Patelbhai - I am planning to go to AMD around 30Nov and return by 30-Dec (+/- 1 day). Can you please suggest when would be good time to buy the ticket and what the current fare is?

Thanks in Advance.

rated:
patelsm said:   Patelbhai - I am planning to go to AMD around 30Nov and return by 30-Dec (+/- 1 day). Can you please suggest when would be good time to buy the ticket and what the current fare is?

Thanks in Advance.

Currently since we are in December month, you can not book tickets for next December month, it's reservation system limitation.  For next year 30 NOV departure, I will suggest to look after June-July high priced season is over, so best time will be around August-Sept. month, unless some very low promotional fares are introduced by airlines. Thanks

rated:
Patel Bhai,
I am planning to go to boston to delhi on 26th Feb and return on 13th or 12th March. Should I wait or book the tickets now and which airline should be good

rated:
Dear Patel ,
We are planning our summer vacation to india and need your help 

My Wife and Kid (6 years) will be travelling from Chicago to Chennai on any day either June 20 th week or June 27 th week  (we are flexible any day on these two weeks ) . Return journey has to be any date from Aug 19 to Aug 21 from Chennai back to Chicago .

Please suggest what's the right time to book ,I need and prefer 1 stop Flights and not in favor of 2 stops .

rated:
zeal4thil said:   Dear Patel ,

My Wife and Kid (6 years) will be travelling from Chicago to Chennai on any day either June 20 th week or June 27 th week  (we are flexible any day on these two weeks ) . Return journey has to be any date from Aug 19 to Aug 21 from Chennai back to Chicago .

Please suggest what's the right time to book ,I need and prefer 1 stop Flights and not in favor of 2 stops .

Hi, Your both side travel dates belongs to Highest priced and demanded summer vacation travel season, so I will suggest to start looking early and jump as soon as you find moderate price range. If you wait too long till last minutes in hope of lowest and cheapest price then chances are rare for going Mid June and returning Mid August month travel. I will say, keep checking during Feb to March and then jump on it.

rated:
kukrejasaurabh said:   Patel Bhai,
I am planning to go to boston to delhi on 26th Feb and return on 13th or 12th March. Should I wait or book the tickets now and which airline should be good

For February low price season, there is nothing to wait anymore, we are already in January month so it's time to grab seats... Thank You.

rated:
PatelForIndia said:   
zeal4thil said:   Dear Patel ,

Hi, Your both side travel dates belongs to Highest priced and demanded summer vacation travel season, so I will suggest to start looking early and jump as soon as you find moderate price range. If you wait too long till last minutes in hope of lowest and cheapest price then chances are rare for going Mid June and returning Mid August month travel. I will say, keep checking during Feb to March and then jump on it.

Thanks Patel .

According to my research ,the best deal i would expect  is about 1000 /person during this time . Could you comment what price range I should keep to close as soon as i see some deal .Thanks a lot for your help and If you can find a deal in 1000 Per person pls let me know i will book thru you immediately  

rated:
Patel Bhai,
Which Airline is offering the best deal on SFO-DEL route for February travel ?

rated:
Patel Bhai,
Need RT Chicago to Ahmedabad from 2/5 - 2/21

Thank You!

rated:
Patel Bhai

need to bring parents from india Mum- DFW
3 of them over 60-70 so wheel chairs, and the other two in 50's
planning in may 15 , whats the best airlines and whats the best time to buy tkts can i buy it from usa, will need 4 tkts for 3 months and other 6 months
need some guidance as how to proceed with dates, day , airlines
Thanks

rated:
Patel Bhai, I am looking for Emirates flight to travel from Houston to Mumbai on June 3rd and return on July 3rd, with a break journey in Dubai. Fares are too high now, it is $1680, is that a normal price for that season ? For last couple of weeks the same itinerary was costing $1823, now it is dropped. Is it likely to further drop the price ?

rated:
dealbelt said:   Patel Bhai, I am looking for Emirates_ flight to travel from Houston to Mumbai on June 3rd and return on July 3rd, with a break journey in Dubai. Fares are too high now, it is $1680, is that a normal price for that season ? For last couple of weeks the same itinerary was costing $1823, now it is dropped. Is it likely to further drop the price ?
  Based on following three reason, I feel that, in your case, at some point Emirates_ fare will go down then $16xx.

(1) Emirates_ has lots of flight in US right now compare to other airlines, so they will need to worry to fill flights, which may outcome in lowering fares at some point.

(2) For Emirates_  Houston is not an routing gateway, it means, to fill flight, they will have to depend on local area passengers only. For other EK gateways, Emirates_ has other domestic partners, who can help to fill gateways, but not for Houston, so when other airlines is selling tickets for cheaper for June month, definitely Emirates_ will be forced down to lower the price at right time,

(3) Lower gas price effect, will also help to lower the prices.

(4) In past, we have seen Emirates_ running 2-3 days special promotions for high season for some airports,

I hope it helps....

rated:
Hello Patel Bhai,

Need 3 tickets (adult) in business class from MUM to AUS from mid may to mid aug? Any suggestion would help.

rated:
PatelForIndia said:   dealbelt said:   Patel Bhai, I am looking for Emirates_ flight to travel from Houston to Mumbai on June 3rd and return on July 3rd, with a break journey in Dubai. Fares are too high now, it is $1680, is that a normal price for that season ? For last couple of weeks the same itinerary was costing $1823, now it is dropped. Is it likely to further drop the price ?
  Based on following three reason, I feel that, in your case, at some point Emirates_ fare will go down then $16xx.
(1) Emirates_ has lots of flight in US right now compare to other airlines, so they will need to worry to fill flights, which may outcome in lowering fares at some point.

(2) For Emirates_  Houston is not an routing gateway, it means, to fill flight, they will have to depend on local area passengers only. For other EK gateways, Emirates has other domestic partners, who can help to fill gateways, but not for Houston, so when other airlines is selling tickets for cheaper for June month, definitely Emirates_ will be forced down to lower the price at right time,

(3) Lower gas price effect, will also help to lower the prices.

(4) In past, we have seen Emirates_ running 2-3 days special promotions for high season for some airports,

I hope it helps....

rated:
Thanks a lot PatelBhai, appreciate your help to take time and respond to my message.

rated:
dk66 said:   Hello Patel Bhai,

Need 3 tickets (adult) in business class from MUM to AUS from mid may to mid aug? Any suggestion would help.

For your given date range, BOM-AUS-BOM, Business class is showing around $23xx-24xx range in Delta/Air France Airlines with two stop on both side. If you need only one stop and little more comfort (the economy class), then you may want to think about British Airways World Traveler Plus, which is one stop with decent connection time for BOM-AUS-BOM, and it's like semi-business class (not fully business class).

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 178798081 82
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016