Biltmore Twelve-Month pass for $40 (through 9/25)

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I recently visited the Biltmore in Asheville, NC and they just sent me an email stating that I could get a Twelve-Month pass to the Biltmore for $40. Normal rates are: One-day adult $55-60 at gate ($45-56 online); Twelve-Month pass $105. Normally you can upgrade a day pass to a Twelve-Month Pass for $40 on the day of visit. So even if you only plan to go once, this is a good deal.

The e-mail said: Just call us at 877-245-0641 and mention promo code "PASS UPGRADE." This exclusive offer ends September 25, 2009.

Your benefits as a Twelve-Month Passholder include:

• unlimited daytime admission

• discounts on guest tickets, dining and shopping

• free admission for kids

• Twelve-Month Passes redeemed through this offer are valid from date of upgrade purchase and no later than September 25, 2009. All passes will expire one year from date of upgrade purchase. Some additional restrictions may apply.

Member Summary
    Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Information on the Biltmore can be found at: http://www.biltmore.com/
    Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

is this a amusement park? there is a hotel chain here in CA with same name which confused me a bit!

prastogi said: is this a amusement park? there is a hotel chain here in CA with same name which confused me a bit!

It is a monster house built by the Vanderbilts.

IkeEsq said: prastogi said: is this a amusement park? there is a hotel chain here in CA with same name which confused me a bit!

It is a monster house built by the Vanderbilts.

Well worth the visit at this price,and Asheville NC is a super town. Just don't fall too much in love with it and want to move here!

(PS-This deal is "name specific",meaning you can't buy a pass and give it as a gift or let someone else use it.)

Is this an upgrade in addition to the daily admission charge ($45-60 + $40), or buy this only and enter ($40) for one year?

"Twelve-Month Passes redeemed through this offer are valid from date of upgrade purchase"

Mosskeeter said: Is this an upgrade in addition to the daily admission charge ($45-60 + $40), or buy this only and enter ($40) for one year?

"Twelve-Month Passes redeemed through this offer are valid from date of upgrade purchase"

I suspect you are right that it is an upgrade to an annual pass from the daily admission, meaning $40 plus the cost of whatever you paid for your daily admission. They have the same offer on their site: http://www.biltmore.com/buy_tickets/12month.asp.

If this is the case, and if anyone is interested in an annual pass, they usually reduce the annual pass rate in January. I always renew mine then for about $60/year, I think. It's a great value if you think you will go there more than once a year, since the daily admission is so expensive. It also gives you a lot of discounts and extras.

The email says:

Thanks for visiting, blah, blah . . .

To welcome you back, you are invited to become a Twelve-Month Passholder for only $40*. Just call us at 877-245-0641 and mention promo code "PASS UPGRADE." This exclusive offer ends September 25, 2009.

. . .

* If you are a current passholder, please disregard this offer. Offer not valid on complimentary tickets—please call to learn about your special upgrade options. Twelve-Month Passes redeemed through this offer are valid from date of upgrade purchase and no later than September 25, 2009. All passes will expire one year from date of upgrade purchase. Some additional restrictions may apply.

As noted by previous posters, this is the normal upgrade price from a day-pass, thus not very special if it requires buying a day-pass first. The email seems to indicate that this is a special, time-limited upgrade price for someone who did not upgrade at the door, sort of a second chance. It is 6 hours to the Biltmore for me, so I don't foresee going back within the next year. But if anyone here plans to see the place, try it out and let us know.

WarWoman said: Just don't fall too much in love with it and want to move here!
    You getting any commission out of it?

did this today. simply paid $40 for the 12 month pass. had not visited b4.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
    Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
    © 1999-2014