Disney World For Georgia Residents

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I am looking for any great tips or suggestions to purchase cheaper or discounted tickets for Georgia Residents at Disney World and Animal Kingdom. I am taking my family of 6 there in 3 weeks and looking for any valuable savings tips or sites.

Any help is apprecaited.

Thanks

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

kcrebel said: I am looking for any great tips or suggestions to purchase cheaper or discounted tickets for Georgia Residents at Disney World and Animal Kingdom. I am taking my family of 6 there in 3 weeks and looking for any valuable savings tips or sites.

Any help is apprecaited.

Thanks

There is a thread that at posting time is right below with all kinds of information. Never heard of there being a special for Georgia residents??
A site full of Disney info is www.mousesavers.com

There have been discounts in the past for GA residents, but they were for rooms and packages (http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-news/theme-parks/walt-disney...

Rarely are tickets discounted unless they are part of a package. Don't fall for any eBay or Craigslist deals- it's not worth the coupla bucks you save, and it could ruin your trip.

With that many people and going at Spring Break, you MUST have a touring plan. Unless you are a veteran WDW-er (and that doesn't seem to be the case), you WILL be frustrated, angry, overwhelmed, and have wasted your time and money. Invest the time in studying some guidebooks and even consider spending $20 or so with TourGuide Mike to draw up a personalized plan. It's going to be PACKED with wall to wall people and 5-6 hour lines. You also want to start making your dining reservations yesterday lol.

Read up on the Disney sites like Mousesavers and Disboards so that you can make the most of your trip. You will find recommendations there for UnderCover Tourist and Ticketmania, which will save you a small amount of money and are very reputable. I have personally dealt with both, and when my tickets were lost on Space Mountain, TM faxed over copies and they were immediately replaced. What a blessing!

BTW, Animal Kingdom IS Disneyworld. All 4 parks - Magic Kingdom, Epcot, AK, and Hollywood Studios= WDW. I was getting my hair cut in Magic Kingdom (they do great work at a great price btw, and it's fun) and the CM's were discussing how funny it is that so many folks are unclear about that. They said people have been known to walk into the Main Street shop and ask how to get to Disneyworld . Unless you have some kind of a special ticket (like Epcot after 4), your ticket will be good at ANY of those parks. However, unless you buy a hopper ticket, you can only use it at one of those parks per day.

DID you participte in the give a day get a day program. It allows anyone over the age of six to volunteer and get a free day pass.

I am goin from 04/01-04/05 and found out the following with a group of 4

http://www.greatorlandodiscounts.com/disney-vacations.htm

Nice thread at right time!!!

Shishir said: I am goin from 04/01-04/05 and found out the following with a group of 4

http://www.greatorlandodiscounts.com/disney-vacations.htm

Nice thread at right time!!!

From the website:

"THIS ADVERTISING MATERIAL IS BEING USED FOR THE PURPOSE OF SOLICITING SALES OF A VACATION OWNERSHIP (TIMESHARE) PLAN."

Be careful with those websites, most require to attend a high-pressure timeshare presentation that will last forever and more. I wouldnt waste my vacation time dealing with those clowns.

thanks for informing ... would keep that in mind....

The one day pass is lovely, but it's blacked out certain dates- probably Spring Break, so read all the fine print first.. It's also only worth about $2 if you have a multi-day ticket, unless you use it for fast-passes. Tix prices are structured to encourage longer stays, so once you are over 4 days, they're only another couple bucks per day.

I assume you are going for more than one day. Again, if you do a time share for a one day pass, and you have multi day tix, it doesn't save you much and could conceivably put a damper on a nice trip. If you are only going for one or two days, these options might be worth it.

try this site. I did the 1 day of volunteering day and they block out on the Magic kingdom park, it's only for the other parks.

For hotels, try this site.
http://www.VRBO
.com/vacation-rentals/usa/florida/central-disney-orlando#a2574

happygirl128 said: try this site. I did the 1 day of volunteering day and they block out on the Magic kingdom park, it's only for the other parks.

For hotels, try this site.
http://www.VRBO
.com/vacation-rentals/usa/florida/central-disney-orlando#a2574

What do you mean by 'they block out on the MK'? How did you find out that? Please clarify that to me, I plan to visit Magic Kindom in October using the volunteering day ticktes..

You'll be fine in October. No black out dates then.

riaesq said: You'll be fine in October. No black out dates then.

Thank you. Are you aware of black out dates in May?

The only blackout dates I know of are March 29 - April 8 and July 4.

How does the give a day program work? I mean after you give your day, do they give you a certificate you can present at the ticket desk? Anyone got a PDF? Thanks. Just for an example - not for use. That would constitute fraud, which I do not want any part of!!

Sorry, too late now

Hats off to a million volunteers!
We've reached our goal of inspiring one million people to volunteer a day of service to their communities, so the "Give a Day. Get a Disney Day." program has now ended. You can no longer register and sign up for volunteer opportunities on this site to receive a free Disney Theme Park ticket, but you can still continue to give back to your community by locating and signing up for volunteer opportunities through HandsOn Network.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014