• 1 23458
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Want to know more about our community: Look Here

Want to know more about our Cash Back system: Look Here

Want to know more about our support: Look Here

Have a question and want a direct reply? Send in support request here.

Have a question, suggestion, or concern, and you want to ask us on our forums? Please visit our FatWallet forum here.

General question FAQ:Look Here

Cash Back FAQ: Look Here

New to FatWallet, and need to know the Hot Deals posting guidelines , and Lingo , please visit our Hot Deals FAQ here.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them in this topic, and we'll answer them as soon as we can.

Ads by Google
rated:
I just posted so how come I can't see it? Filter all messages

How do I find out who rated my post? Click on the rating bar and you will see something like this.

The REAL Cash Back FAQ: Look Here

rated:
I have something to post in the Free Stuff Forum It's a call in Freebie and I have no idea how to post. I'm fairly new so perhaps I'm not able to post yet. Any help would be great. thanks , (clueless in Ohio) known at Fatwallet as thenona

rated:
Thanks for the question. I see you figured it out, and made a post in the Free Stuff forum.

Looks like it was a hit, and is getting green votes.

Thanks for contributing, and welcome to FatWallet.

rated:
I'm getting an error when checking Cash Back. This really sucks

Moderator Comment: You can send in user specific Cash Back account issue, by click the grey help link in the upper right hand corner. Then clicking contact us, and send in a support ticket. — Jul. 28, 2008 @ 3:22am
rated:
I feel like an old fogie asking this question, so forgive me. But "back in the day", it seemed that codes and deals for various merchants were grouped together in "official" threads for those merchants a lot of times. I notice that that doesn't seem to be the case as much anymore (at least from what I can tell). So if I have a code for free shipping on Clinique.com, for example, would it be preferable for me to start a whole thread just for this one deal, or would it not be better just to (re)create an official Clinique thread in which all Clinique deals can be posted, therefore cutting down on the number of threads taking up space in the HD forum?

rated:
We don't really have a set rule for it either way. It's more of a "if you start an official thread and the community supports it, great!". Also I guess it kind of depends on how popular a store or thread is. If an "official" thread gets very little action, I don't see a need for it.

rated:
Can Someone PLEASE HELP me ??? Tell me where to put the CODES at... I just sign up.And I'm not having any luck with it

rated:
Hello Ninarose and welcome to FatWallet!

Are you trying to put a coupon code in at a merchant when checking out? If so, every merchant is a bit different. For us to be able to help best, can you please let us know (1) if you are indeed talking about using a code at a merchant and (2) which merchant.

Thanks!
Charlotte

rated:
Hi,

Is there a way to view all of the comments/topics posted by a particular user?

Thanks in advance

rated:
SoBlessed said: Hi,

Is there a way to view all of the comments/topics posted by a particular user?

Thanks in advance
Good question!

For now, you have to use our Advanced Forum Search and enter the person's name as author. Soon, we hope to offer the ability to click their username/avatar and get the option there. Ask questions when you have 'em, and let us know how we can improve for you any time.

rated:
Where would I go to post a note to let Fatwallet members know that Amazon has cancelled their 30 day price adjustment policy effective September 1? The CS now says they are consistently going to offer the lowest price without any availability of a price adjustment in the future.

One Day Later: BTW I just found a forum posting covering this info and I added the following Amazon response to it:

Hello from Amazon.com.

Thanks for writing to us asking about post-order price policies for items purchased from Amazon.com.

While we don't always beat the best available price on every product, we do offer deep discounts on many thousands of items and cannot offer discounts after your order is complete.

I hope you will understand our limitations in this regard.

From time to time, prices on some items will change due to special offers from suppliers and manufacturers or our inventory and sales volumes. When we can offer a lower price for new purchases, we will.

rated:
Stingingfork said: Where would I go to post a note to let Fatwallet members know that Amazon has cancelled their 30 day price adjustment policy effective September 1?Good question. Since it doesn't identify a specific deal and it is related to a merchant's pricing of deals, I'd say place it in Deal Discussion.

rated:
Stingingfork, there is already discussion of the Amazon policy change here. This is a great reminder for mods, oldies and newbies alike to do a search before posting new stuff.

rated:
tlaxson said: Stingingfork, there is already discussion of the Amazon policy change here. This is a great reminder for mods, oldies and newbies alike to do a search before posting new stuff.

I did note in my question a follow-up noting that I had found a post on the subject but I didn't consider asking a question about something a true post but thanks for the tip anyway.

rated:
A ways back, I could have sworn that there was a way for OP's to move an expired or dead post from Hot Deals to the Expired Deals forum. Does this feature exist? If not, how would one go about getting several old posts removed from Hot Deals to Expired Deals?

Lastly, just as a crazy suggestion, since there are something like 10,007 posts under hot deals, allow members to earn FatWallet schwag by going through all current hot deals posts and voting the deal "dead" if it is truly dead. It would be sort of a win-win, in that FW would save some space and not have to use precious work hours going through old posts, and members would get more of our favorite t-shirts. Of course, there would have to be a limit on earning (such as 1 shirt per year) and the bar would have to be set high (after voting "dead" for 2,500 posts) in order to limit the abuse of dead voting benefits.

rated:
Hey guys,

I was wondering, I am the webmaster for a free sample site. Can I have a signature on my posts linking to my site? Or can I post links to the Totaly and Completely free offers that are on my site? (that I'm in no way affiliated with) I love the Fat Wallet site, and am in no way a threat to there massive site. I would just like to build some traffic.

Thanks!

rated:
Tegs, do you get anything out of traffic to your site? I.e., do you serve ads from which you profit? If so, no links to your site as that would be considered advertising. If you do want to post your stuff, contact FW to discuss how to pay for ads. You can of course post the deals/freebies themselves without links to your page.

Welcome to FW

rated:
pikappaphiEE252 said: A ways back, I could have sworn that there was a way for OP's to move an expired or dead post from Hot Deals to the Expired Deals forum. Does this feature exist? If not, how would one go about getting several old posts removed from Hot Deals to Expired Deals?

Lastly, just as a crazy suggestion, since there are something like 10,007 posts under hot deals, allow members to earn FatWallet schwag by going through all current hot deals posts and voting the deal "dead" if it is truly dead. It would be sort of a win-win, in that FW would save some space and not have to use precious work hours going through old posts, and members would get more of our favorite t-shirts. Of course, there would have to be a limit on earning (such as 1 shirt per year) and the bar would have to be set high (after voting "dead" for 2,500 posts) in order to limit the abuse of dead voting benefits.
There are a couple of ways members help us with dead deals: mark it as dead, or send in a mod alert letting us know the deal is dead. I personally suggest the latter.

Regarding schwag for help, well…we’re considering options for the future. We like ideas, so keep ‘em coming!

rated:
TEGS said: Hey guys,

I was wondering, I am the webmaster for a free sample site. Can I have a signature on my posts linking to my site? Or can I post links to the Totaly and Completely free offers that are on my site? (that I'm in no way affiliated with) I love the Fat Wallet site, and am in no way a threat to there massive site. I would just like to build some traffic.

Thanks!
Actually, if you are the webmaster for a site, that qualifies as an affiliation. Sorry.

In fact, the reason we don't allow sigs is because people tend to put sites with which they are affiliated in them. Yes, this is not always the case, but that's part of the problem. If a good portion of people with links in sigs are promoting their affiliation, then it can be difficult to manage on our end.

rated:
How often can we bump & how do I change my avatar ????

Thanks!

rated:
We have a one day bump limit. To change your avatar, all you need to do is go into "my account," then "user profile." From there you can either use one of our avatars or upload your own.

rated:
Can't find any info in the FAQ about this. What does "Thread Rating: Normal" mean? The other ones make sense (Poor, Average, Good, etc.), but do they only show that rating or that rating and above?

rated:
I had a question about the HD free tshirt giveaway, which I posted on this page, but never got any sort of answer. Not sure the best place to ask it... of course it's almost too late so I suppose the question is moot. I was just curious about the answer.

rated:
digelt said: I had a question about the HD free tshirt giveaway, which I posted on this page, but never got any sort of answer. Not sure the best place to ask it... of course it's almost too late so I suppose the question is moot. I was just curious about the answer.Just sent you a PM

Oh, about the answer, you're doing the right thing to not start multiple threads... but yeah in so-doing you're losing out on the T-shirt giveaways. NOT to worry, of course, because we'll take care of you. Thanks for all you do!

rated:
You rock. Just, y'know, in case anyone was wondering!

rated:
WolverineGator said: Can't find any info in the FAQ about this. What does "Thread Rating: Normal" mean? The other ones make sense (Poor, Average, Good, etc.), but do they only show that rating or that rating and above?Sorry for the delayed response. "Normal" means that it will show all threads, provided they have not been "ignored."

rated:
Are presidential election related avatars allowed? I still see them but there are fewer.

rated:
nycll said: Are presidential election related avatars allowed? I still see them but there are fewer.Yes, as long as they do not cross any other pre-established lines.

rated:
hi everyone The CashBack are money that i have to redeem in eBay or can i tranfer to my bank account when they are available

rated:
hello chujavier27
FatWallet Cash Back is not something you redeem anywhere but here. When you have Cash Back available to cash out, you can request payment by check or to your paypal account.

rated:
If i get 6% off on an item how much of it do I get. It says that you share the discount....

rated:
Good question. If you go to the Cash Back & Coupons, you will see a percentage listed beside most merchants. For example, 123Inkjets has 20% by it. That means that you will be eligible for 20% Cash Back if you sign in, go through us to make the purchase, and don't violate any merchant restrictions in the process.

rated:
Hi!!

I just found fatwallet.com. Saw the link in reader's Digest while waiting for someone in the ER. Anyway just wanted to say hello.

Have you guys saved a lot of money from the info etc you get on this site?

Thanks

rated:
hi upgrade - welcome to FatWallet

rated:
Where do I find the FWer instruction manual?

rated:
The links on the OP (Original Post) are the closest we have to an instruction manual. If you ever have any specific questions, you're welcome to ask anytime.

And welcome to FatWallet!

rated:
Is it appropriate to post a freebie to the "Free Stuff" forum that only applies to one city?

rated:
Sure, go right ahead. You will probably want to identify clearly that it is only available in that city, though. Maybe you might want to put something like "local only" in the title.

rated:
What does B&M stand for. Is there a place in Fatwallet to learn about all the acronyms? used in fatwallet

Skipping 247 Messages...
rated:
thanks for all your posts

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014