Couples-Only All-Inclusive Retreat in the Heart of the Poconos
Paradise Stream is nestled amid the forests, lakes, and peaks of the Pocono Mountains in northeastern Pennsylvania. The 1960s brought a flood of publicity for the area that resulted in the Poconos being named the “Honeymoon Capital of the World.” Paradise Stream still maintains that romantic feel; it’s a couples-only resort, and many guest rooms still have the heart-shaped tubs that made the resort famous.
Paradise Stream is one of three sister resorts in the area, along with Cove Haven and Pocono Palace. Guests at any of the three get unlimited access to each facility through the resorts’ Key Around Club. During the winter months, snowmobiling and snow tubing are available. In warmer months, guests paddleboat at Paradise Stream, play racquetball on the court at Cove Haven, or enjoy golf on the nine-hole course at Pocono Palace. Paradise Stream’s nightclub also has nightly entertainment and dancing.
Among other designs, some of the resort’s rooms feature iconic heart-shaped whirlpool baths for two and contemporary designs with lots of red and gold accents. Perhaps the most ornately styled of them all is the Champagne Tower suite, a four-level flat with a 7-foot-tall whirlpool tub shaped like a champagne glass, a heated heart-shaped pool enclosed in glass, and a dry sauna.
In the morning, head to Paradise Stream’s onsite restaurant, which has a full breakfast buffet. The restaurant also has a dinner menu that changes each day as well as weekend theme nights, including an international buffet.
Highlights of Pennsylvania’s Pocono Mountains
- Spectacular natural scenery: The region accounts for 2,400 square miles of mountains, lakes, waterfalls, and forests.
- A popular vacation destination ever since Pennsylvania Quakers opened a hotel here on the Delaware River in 1829
- One of the best fishing spots in the state at Lake Wallenpaupack, 30 miles east of Scranton
- Dramatic waterfalls and a portion of the historic Appalachian Trail at Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area
- Signs of civilization: Antique shops, art galleries, and historical mansions are tucked away on country roads.
Love to travel? Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for travel tips, inspiration, and photos from around the world.