This Deal is No Longer Available
Toronto Hotel near Entertainment District
Top Reasons to Stay at The Strathcona Hotel
- The hotel is located in the heart of downtown Toronto, in the midst of the city’s entertainment center, financial district, and Union Station. Known the world over for its thriving arts scene, Toronto is home to more than 50 dance troupes, six opera companies, and two symphony orchestras.
- Traditional pub fare and an extensive collection of domestic and imported draft beers are served at the hotel’s onsite pub. You’ll also find a big-screen TV and pool table.
- For breakfast, lunch, or a quick snack, make your way to The York Street Café. Situated right off the lobby, the eatery offers a hearty breakfast buffet and à la carte options in the morning and a variety of all-day breakfast specialties and sandwiches in the afternoon.
- The hotel’s guest rooms feature 9-inch Posturepedic mattresses, flat-screen LCD televisions, and rain showers.
- Guests of the Strathcona receive a discount at the Wellington Fitness Club located next door. Regarded as one of the finest fitness centers in town, it hosts more than 50 classes each week and dispenses relaxing treatments at the New Age spa.
- Back at the hotel, a concierge is on hand to make recommendations on what to see and where to eat.
Toronto, Ontario: Scenic Trails, Boutique Shopping, and the Hockey Hall of Fame
Toronto is known as a wonderful walking city, with a sprawling network of eclectic neighborhoods and miles of waterside parkland. Set on the shores of Lake Ontario, the city’s scenic hiking and walking trails wind along the harbor front. From there, a northerly stroll takes you to the Fashion District, where warehouses and old factories that sat empty for years now house upscale restaurants, galleries, and cutting-edge boutiques. A bit farther north lies Kensington Market, a bohemian village rife with vintage shops and organic-food markets.
Toronto may be home to Canada’s best collection of museums. Hockey is a national pastime, so it makes sense that the Hockey Hall of Fame is here. Its interactive Pepsi Shut Out exhibit challenges goaltender wannabes to stop a slap shot against a virtual Wayne Gretzky. The Hall of Fame’s centerpiece is the hallowed Esso Great Hall, home to the Stanley Cup and portraits of all 366 inductees. Science buffs can stop at the Ontario Science Centre, where you can watch an IMAX film, delve into space at the planetarium, or touch a plasma ball at the Science Arcade.
The nearby Art Gallery of Ontario exhibits an astounding collection of work from Canadian artists and European masters in a Frank Gehry–designed building that centers on a circular floating staircase. Toronto is also known as a city of gardens, and you’ll find one of its best, the Toronto Music Garden, stretched out along the waterfront. Designed in part by cellist Yo-Yo Ma, the Music Garden translates the music of Bach through beautiful landscaped installations, including a winding river and giant grass steps.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
|Option 1: Includes C$15 dining credit at The Pub or The York Street Café
C$159.00 Value • Save 28% (C$44.00)
|Option 2: Includes bottle of wine and C$20 dining credit at The Pub or The York Street Café
C$194.00 Value • Save 34% (C$65.00)
Book by 4/19/13 or promotional value expires. Travel by 4/30/13. Not valid 2/24-2/25/13, 3/2-3/6/13. Limit 3 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Limit 3 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required, subject to availability. 24-hour cancellation notice required or fee of applicable one-night's stay up to the amount paid for Groupon applies. Must be 19 or older to check in/drink alcohol. Must provide first and last name upon purchase, which will be provided to The Strathcona Hotel. Name on Groupon match ID. Not valid with reward points. 13% tax not included.