Giving this as a gift? Send it instantly with one of our festive e-cards, or print a handy gift envelope and card.
Learning to fly lets you experience life as a bird and is less frustrating than learning to stay balanced on a power line with all your friends. See how the feathered half lives with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$129 for one flight lesson and a three-month AeroDynamic Aviation membership (up to a $407.95 total value)
$399 for three flight lessons and a one-year AeroDynamic Aviation membership (up to a $946.95 total value
- One hour of ground instruction per lesson (up to a $55 value each)
- One hour of in-air flight instruction per lesson (up to a $55 value each)
- One-hour flight fee per lesson (up to a $119 value each)
- AeroDynamic Aviation membership (a $50 value/month, or a $350 value for one year)
- Headset rental (a $5 value)
- Mini logbook (a $3.95 value)
- AOPA membership, including members-only content and a six-month subscription to Flight Training magazine (a $20 value)
- Complimentary Learn to Fly booklet
After ground instruction, climb behind the controls of a small plane. Learn to use the stick and rudder to maneuver the plane through takeoff, climbs, and straight-and-level flight, all with an FAA-certified flight instructor at your side. The second and third lessons incorporate steep turns, slower flight, and how to handle stalls. At their discretion, instructors may also demonstrate more advanced maneuvers and fly over students’ homes for aerial pictures. Membership with AeroDynamic Aviation allows students to continue into more in-depth lessons and purchase block airplane-rental time at reduced rates.
For those interested, the flying counts toward the FAA pilot-license requirements and the government’s secret coolness rating. Students who make deposits toward future lessons or materials during their Groupon visits will earn a 15% bonus on their account. Flyers may also bring along a second or third person to experience the flight ($20/person), subject to weight restrictions.