This Deal is No Longer Available
Victorian B & B near Columbia River Gorge
Top Reasons to Stay at Husum Highlands Bed & Breakfast
- 20 acres of gardens, meadows, and woodlands surround this sunlit, Victorian B & B. From the inn you’ll have fantastic views of Mt. Hood and the White Salmon River Valley.
- You’ll find period furnishings, high ceilings, wood floors, and oriental rugs in the common areas and guest rooms.
- Each morning begins with a complimentary breakfast that may include croissant french toast, rhubarb crepes, or spinach frittatas made with eggs from the inn’s own chickens. Locally grown coffee from Hood River Coffee Co. and fresh orange juice are also available.
- The complimentary soaps, lotions, and shampoos in the private bathrooms are from a local Hood River lavender farm.
- High tea is served from noon to 5 p.m. Thursday through Saturday for groups of four or more (reservations are required).
- It’s a short drive to the many outdoor activities in the Columbia River Gorge. You can picnic beside Northwestern Lake, go kayaking, pick huckleberries, or visit the ice caves.
Husum, Oregon: Rural Town Where Columbia River Meets Cascade Range
About an hour north of Mt. Hood lies the small, rural town of Husum. The landscape is characterized by meadows, rolling hills, and open sky—the perfect backdrop for outdoor adventures. The center of the action is Hood River, located just 15 minutes away. In addition to being the windsurfing capital of the world, Hood River offers world-class skiing, snowboarding, and snowshoeing at Mt. Hood Meadows Ski Resort. In summer, visitors can go spelunking in ice caves, rafting and kayaking on the Columbia River, and hiking near Trout Lake.
Downtown Hood River is lined with shops and restaurants housed in historic buildings dating back to the late 19th century. You can catch theater and dance performances at the Columbia Center for the Arts, as well as exhibitions of work by local visual artists in its gallery space. There’s also a cluster of wineries downtown. The award-winning Cathedral Ridge Winery and Springhouse Cellar Winery host tastings and talks by winemakers extolling the area’s unique grape-growing qualities and its herds of undomesticated sommeliers.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
|Option 1: One-night stay, check-in Sunday-Thursday
$175.00 Value • Save 40% ($70.00)
|Option 2: Two-night stay, check-in Friday
$350.00 Value • Save 40% ($141.00)
Must book by 5/6/13 or promotional value expires. Must complete travel by 5/31/13. Limit 2 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Limit 2 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required, subject to availability. 5-day cancellation notice required or fee of applicable one-night's stay up to the amount paid for Groupon applies. Must be 21 or older to check in, 10 or older to stay. Not valid with reward points. Must use promotional value in 1 visit. 10% tax not included.