Northumberland County, ON
4894 Hillview Drive
Baltimore, Ontario K0K 1C0
905-342-5403 Get Directions
This Deal is No Longer Available
Charming Estate Nestled in Ontario Countryside
Top Reasons to Visit Hillview Haven Estate
- It’s nestled on 40 hilly acres in Northumberland County, about one hour from Toronto; the nearby forest is crisscrossed by hiking and cross-country skiing trails.
- The hotel is just steps from Rice Lake, which has an extensive network of rivers and streams said to have some of the best fishing in Ontario.
- Ranked with a perfect five stars on TripAdvisor, guests enjoy the atmosphere; decorated to evoke exotic locales such as Africa and Asia, each themed room has a private jacuzzi tub and access to a covered veranda.
- You can practice your golf swing on the hotel’s 300-yard driving range; there are nearly a dozen golf courses in the Northumberland area.
- A full English breakfast is served every morning. Guests also have access to a 24-hour coffee and snack bar.
- The gourmet dinner includes an appetizer, an entree that changes daily, and a bottle of wine.
Northumberland County, Ontario: Forests, Scenic Waterways, and Historic Towns
Located on the north shore of Lake Ontario, Northumberland County is something of a backyard playground for Toronto. It sits about an hour outside the city, and it’s lined with waterways, beaches, and wide stretches of rolling countryside. You can do everything from hunting and hiking to snowmobiling at the Northumberland County Forest, and you might even see coyote, deer, and black bears there.
Most of the country is cut through by the Trent-Severn Waterway, a historic route linking two Great Lakes that was once used for lumber transport. Today, the passage is open from May to October for recreational use, including leisure cruises. One of the highlights of the waterway is its hydraulic lift lock. Something of a cross between an elevator and a giant bathtub, the lock ferries boats from one water level to another. The shores of the Trent-Severn are open year-round.
Northumberland County is full of charming, quiet rural towns. The biggest of them, Cobourg, still feels like a small town, thanks largely to its strong sense of heritage. It was originally settled in 1798; some of the city’s oldest buildings can be found downtown, including the town hall, which now houses a gallery and concert hall alongside some town offices. Head to the Cobourg Museum Foundation to learn more about the local history. This limestone complex may have been used as a military barracks for the British in the War of 1812.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
|Option 1: One night, check in Sunday-Thursday (room only)
C$150.00 Value • Save 34% (C$51.00)
|Option 2: One night, check in Sunday-Thursday with dinner for two, cheese, and wine
C$360.00 Value • Save 45% (C$162.00)
|Option 3: Two nights, check in any day with daily dinner for two, cheese and wine
C$630.00 Value • Save 53% (C$333.00)
Book by 4/5/13 or promotional value expires. Must complete travel by 7/31/13. Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Limit 2 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required, subject to availability. 48-hour cancellation notice required or fee up to Groupon price applies. Must be 19 or older to check in and to consume alcohol. Credit card required at booking and check-in. Not valid with reward points. 13% tax not included.