Staples comes up with an excuse every time you try to do a good price match. They had Edge SD cards which they refused to pricematch even to other major stores (CompUSA, OfficeDepot...) because the difference was too large. (Doesn't say ANYTHING about that in their 110% guarrantee information). Then today they refused me because they said a place was not an authorized dealer, when in fact it was. I asked them to price match to a different place that was about 50 dollars more (on a 399- product) and they said okay - saving me 25 dollars out of 400. Then when I called their corporate office to ask about it, they said that there was no history of my trying to pm the first place. Then when I tried to cancel my order and PM again they refused to let me do that, saying you get only one chance to PM (Well, if that is the case it would have been nice if they let me know, it also would be nice if that was written in their policy) Even further than that... When I looked at my order, they were going to send it to my old address!!!!! To a business that is NOT mine!!! I used to have respect for Staples, now I've pretty much completely lost that respect.
Saturday, May 7th 2005 11:02 AM
Staples will charge your credit card AFTER THE FACT (many weeks after the fact) if they don't like the way you used their own coupons. Buyer beware - they have very few scruples. Suggest using one-time credit card numbers. I will - from now on.
Sunday, April 17th 2005 5:55 PM
Very good retailer.
Monday, February 28th 2005 11:35 AM
Customer service at its best
Monday, February 7th 2005 4:52 PM
Staples is the BEST OF THE LOT. Best Buy sucks & sucks big time compared to Staples. The customer service at Staples online is too good.
Saturday, February 5th 2005 8:39 PM
They honored every reasonable PM request. Customer service is still among the best. I'm not taking my business anywhere.
Bad: 1) For some reason the website always loses my shipping/billing information before each order so I need to manually enter it even after logging in. It's becoming a big pain in the...
(Message I get is this on going to checkout: We are sorry, but we are unable to process your request:
* Ship to street is invalid * Ship to city is invalid * Ship to zip must be a string between 1 and 100 characters * Ship to zip is invalid * Ship to phone is invalid * Bill to name is invalid * Bill to street is invalid * Bill to city is invalid * Bill to state is invalid * Bill to zip is invalid * Bill to phone is invalid
Please go back and correct the error and try again.)
2) I placed an order for 2 Logitech MX duos b/c of Pricematching opportunities to an online website. PM/couponed successfully, but got a call a few days later saying my order was cancelled but the item was back in stock. So I called to reinstate my order, and maybe it was just the CSR I got, but I needed to go through the hassle of finding the item number, have her PM again, etc. This was done successfully. Day I was supposed to receive this item, another Staples rep called me saying that the item was out of stock and that there were problems with their inventory system. He told me he would send out a $20 voucher. I placed the order with Amazon and received my items in time for Christmas.
1) Prices with Discover card discounts, coupons & generous Pricematching makes Staples a nice store.
2) Customer support was very nice to me.
Staples isn't a perfect store, but it's in my top 5.
Earn Cash Back while you shop - just 3 simple steps.
1. Sign Up so we know who to pay! (It's FREE.)
2. Shop through FatWallet for deals from your favorite stores. Your online purchases earn Cash Back that builds in your FatWallet account.
3. Get Paid by requesting a payment via check or PayPal.
FatWallet coupons help you save more when shopping online. Use our Coupons Search to browse coupons and offers from thousands of stores, gathered into one convenient location.
As part of our FatWallet Community, you can share deals with almost a million shoppers in our forums. Forum content is generated by consumers for consumers. Share deals, money-saving tips, and more. It's FREE, fun, and addicting.
Our customer experience team is here around the clock - real people ready to assist.