Be careful about taxes when ordering. If you live in a state where there's no sales tax on apparel, they CANNOT charge tax on the shipping & handling. They've tried a couple of times.
Sunday, December 26th 2004 3:12 PM
Good quality with good customer service.
Wednesday, November 12th 2003 4:02 PM
Eddie Bauer is a great company, with a stellar customer service department to back up high-quality products. I had a wheel break on my big duffel bag and I took it into a store; they looked it over and said they'd replace it. This was on an two-year-old item no longer made, so I got a new and improved version -- totally free. (I had just wanted the wheel fixed.)
I have never had a negative experience with them, and considering how much Eddie Bauer stuff is in my closet, that's saying a lot.
(Using Eddie Bauer Outlet is a terrific way to find deals, but the selection is extremely limited.)
Thursday, August 1st 2002 10:49 AM
I love Eddie Bauer clothes and I buy from them during good sales. the one thing I do not like is the $3.00 handling charge they tack on to each order.
1. The constant availability of generous online coupons.
2. The quality of their merchandise. Although they are expensive, they often have sales and promotions.
3. The excellent customer service. I had a defective product, and the CS rep just told me to keep it and they would send a new one. It arrived within a week. I didn't have to go through the hassle of returning the item.
4. The fact that you can place an order from the direct-line phones in the B&M stores and not pay shipping even though it is shipped to your door. There is a $3 handling fee, though. You can use a coupon code when calling in an order.
5. They will honor the lowest price advertised on an item, whether it was found in the catalogue or online. When I ordered over the phone and the price was lower online, the CS rep just verified it and gave me the lower price.
6. The web site is very easy to use, and gives you a good idea of what the clothing looks like before you purchase.
I'd say my one main complaint is that they don't just take a coupon amount off your total then charge you the balance. Instead, they charge your CC the entire amount and then credit the coupon amount to your CC. I know some people have had problems with this, but I have always gotten my full coupon credited as soon as I was billed.
Earn Cash Back while you shop - just 3 simple steps.
1. Sign Up so we know who to pay! (It's FREE.)
2. Shop through FatWallet for deals from your favorite stores. Your online purchases earn Cash Back that builds in your FatWallet account.
3. Get Paid by requesting a payment via check or PayPal.
FatWallet coupons help you save more when shopping online. Use our Coupons Search to browse coupons and offers from thousands of stores, gathered into one convenient location.
As part of our FatWallet Community, you can share deals with almost a million shoppers in our forums. Forum content is generated by consumers for consumers. Share deals, money-saving tips, and more. It's FREE, fun, and addicting.
Our customer experience team is here around the clock - real people ready to assist.