Consumer Trends: What to Buy in September via FatWallet.com blog, The Skinny
When is shopping early, smart? Waiting for “after clearance” clearance may bring the absolute lowest price, but settling for what’s left will usually sacrifice selection, most likely quality and possibly missing out entirely.
The savviest consumers jump at the chance to nab September deals first before the style they want is gone, or those item sells out completely. Especially true during Labor Day sales (featuring summer clearance deals and any back to school clearance items remaining). (Press Release)
!! GOOD TACTIC: With new selection of fall fashion styles (prime color and sizes) fully stocked, the savviest online shoppers will nab first choice of styles and then stack with Labor Day discounts and additional cash back (there’s always a sale), creating some of the best deals of the year.
What to Buy in September:
- Outdoor Furniture (limited patio furniture clearance and back yard accessories at 50% off or better)
- Clothing (summer clothing and shoes at 50-80% off)
- Sports & Outdoors (deep discounts on baseball, golf, camping and fishing gear and apparel)
- Grills/Tailgate Gear (Limited and up to 50% off – 2-burner grills under $100)
- Dorm Furniture (futons, small appliances, bed/bath linens discounted via bigbox)
- Tech (laptops, desktop computers, tablets, smartphones, software)
NOTE: FatWallet’s Tech Week offers increased cash back from HP, Dell, T-Mobile, Newegg and other top tech retailers from 9/2-9/8
!! TIP – SEP TRAVEL DEALS: This is the best time to book in advance for the best choice and lowest package deal savings on your Thanksgiving and Holiday family travel. Many of the Travel sites have deep discounts on airfare, hotels and packages. Start monitoring prices now – sign up for low price alerts for your holiday destinations and keep tabs on FatWallet’s Deal Discussion forum for some of the hottest travel tips and insider tactics for finding the mega savings.