Let the summer games, and home projects, begin! Shopping in June is prime for homeowners who can really capitalize on the good buys in June. With Father’s Day Sales off and running, smart savings on a variety of items for both dads, and most anyone, ease spending woes for needs (and wants) in the coming months.
Top Good Buys in June:
- Tools, especially power tools, cordless tool kits, tool storage and automotive tools. Those that buy tools often claim there is no better time than Father’s Day (survey from FatWallet.com). These timely price drops offer discounts up to 50% off top brands like Craftsman, Black & Decker, Milwaukee and DeWalt.
- Home Improvement Project Needs are featured sale items all month. For Home owners that want to beat the heat, stores like Home Depot, Lowe’s and Sears bring their best prices of the year on paints and stains, building materials, hardware, fixtures and tools needed to complete jobs in time to enjoy summer.
- Summer Sports and Outdoors Items used for family fun get low pricing in June, including deep discounting on gear for camping, fishing and golfing at Bass Pro shop, Cabela’s, and Golfsmith. Also, look for weekend sales on yard and pool games and toys at big box and specialty stores.
- Men’s Clothing will be on sale these first 2 weeks in June, especially summer apparel used for outdoor activities and sports. Stores like REI, Backcountry, LLBean, Patagonia and Duluth Trading have timely deals on quality shirts, shorts and shoes for guys, and gals, who spend their free-time outside.
4 more ways to save in June:
- Dishware and Cookware deals just happen to coincide with wedding gift registries, especially “everyday” china and high quality pots and pans sets that can be found for up to 50% off at Macy’s, Wayfair, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Mikasa and other department stores in June.
- June Semi-Annual Sales can offer some of the best savings of the year on a variety of summer items for women, typically 40% off or more. Stand outs include sales from Victoria’s Secret, Saks 5th Avenue, Lane Bryant and Bath & Body Works. Stack cash back from ebates.com to throw these deals over the top.
- Local Deals from sites like Groupon and Living Social can offer significant savings to a variety of summer activities. Whether traveling, staycationing or gifting, local summer savings on average of 50% can be had on festivals, skydiving, boat rides, massages, spas, etc., and food at local restaurants and bars.
- Early 4th of July Sales, which will kick off in the last week in June offer heavy discounting on patio accessories, party decorations, outdoor sports toys and gear, air conditioners, fans and fitness equipment clearance. Hit the big box stores for the best prices.