7 Smart tips for finding hidden savings just days before Christmas
Ranging from tickets, salon appointments, subscriptions and IOU’s to final delivery and pickup options, last minute shoppers still have choices to help secure gifts in time, especially when buying gift cards online. A 2016 Holiday Gift Buying Study reports that one third of adults and children prefer to receive gift cards during the holidays. FatWallet.com offers a variety of last minute gifts that feature online coupons and deals that can save shoppers time, money and convenience.
- Know Shipping Deadlines – Retailers offer a wide variance of delivery options this week. Gift seekers running up against the clock can access a comprehensive 2016 Holiday Shipping Deadlines Guide (courtesy of FatWallet sister site BFAds.net).
- eGift Cards – As one of the most coveted gifts to receive, last minute shoppers can avoid the majority of stress, stores, shipping and even wrapping by purchasing e-gift cards, some at discount or earning points and cash back for the purchaser.
- In-Store Pickup – While the majority of free shipping deals will expire, dozens of stores offer free in-store pickup of online purchases and many will have items shipped to another store for free if the store in your area doesn’t have the item in stock.
- Subscriptions – Magazines dance classes, cooking, yoga, online gaming, TV and many other subscribed activities can all be purchased online instantly, and gifted.
- Spa and Beauty – Gifting health & beauty appointments for a spa day, massage, hair and nails appointments and other relaxing activities can be done online without ever leaving the house.
- Tickets – It’s fairly easy to purchase tickets to sporting events, concerts, theater and movies as a gift with the majority of purchases like these available online.
- IOU – It’s not the same as having a physical gift to give, but online shopping allows for purchased items to sent as a gift to others. Purchases can then print a picture of the item along with a note of when the item will be delivered.