What to Buy in March? 4K TVs
As brackets fill out this month, retailers bring a full-court press of product discounts that appeal to the captive March Madness audience. The Big Dance means big business with marketing opportunities similar to the Super Bowl leaving almost every electronics retailer jumping. A 2016 FatWallet survey reports shoppers ranked Super Bowl TV deals #1, beating out Black Friday and Cyber Monday, although, more respondents actually chose “other TV sales”, leaving us to assume many TV shoppers favor pre-March Madness TV deals and trending 4K TV deals as the best prices of the year.
Those thinking “now” is the best time to buy a TV would be hitting the mark this year as prices on 55″ and bigger TV models continue to drop lower the record low Super Bowl 50 prices on 4K TVs. The timing is perfect for fans planning a watching party next week during the 32 game Cinderella sprint, if not later for sweet sixteen sizzlers. It’s a perfect storm for consumers in the market for a really big ultra high dev screen…many of which will buy their first 4K TV.
Like what we saw pre-Super Bowl, retailers are making it easier to buy a TV and get it ASAP. Walmart is offering free expedited 2-Day shipping on most TVs ordered between 3/10 to 3/19. With many other competitors also offering free shipping on 4K TVs, Big Dance fans have reason to dance in UHD this year and save a bundle of dough.
The “elite eight” and the most current TV deals online right now:
Sam’s Club has the VIZIO 65″ 4K Ultra HD LED Smart TV + 4-Year TV Protection Plan on sale for $1,248.00 (was $1999) with free shipping. Note: Non-members will need to purchase a membership to avoid the surcharge.
WalMart has the Sceptre 49″ 4K Ultra 120Hz LED HDTV (U505CV-UMK) on sale for $349.99 with free shipping or in-store pickup.
Buydig via eBay has the LG 60″ 4K 120Hz LED HDTV (60UF7300) on sale for $879.99 (was $1999) with free shipping.
Buydig via ebay has the LG 55″ 4K Ultra HD Smart UHD LED 120Hz TV w/ WebOS 2.0 (55UF6450) on sale for $599.99 (was $1499) with free shipping.
Walmart has the Samsung 55″ 4K Ultra HD LED HDTV (UN55JU6400FXZA) on sale for $699.99 (was $1200) with free shipping.
Amazon has the Seiki 42″ 4K 3840×2160 Ultra HD 60Hz LED HDTV (SE42UM) on sale for $249.99 (was $899) with free shipping.
Dell Home has the Vizio 55″ 4K 120Hz SmartLED HDTV (M55-C2) + $250 Promo eGift Card on sale for $799.99 (was $999) with free shipping.
Adorama via eBay has the LG Electronics 55″ 4K UHD Smart OLED 3D TV on sale for $2,299.99 (was $4999) with free shipping.
More current TV Deals:
- Sceptre U435CV-U 43″ 4K Ultra HD 2160p 60Hz LED HDTV (4K x 2K) $229.99 FS @ Walmart
- Seiki 50″ HDTV $280 FS at WalMart (expiry not stated)
- Sceptre 50″ 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV (X505BV-FMQR) – $299.00 w/ FS @ Walmart
- 55″ Samsung UN55JS8500 4K SUHD 3D Smart LED HDTV — $1,249.99 + FS at eBay
- Samsung 50″ 4K Ultra HD Smart LED HDTV, 2015 (UN50JS7000) – $639.00 w/ FS @ Adorama via ebay
- Vizio 65″ 4K 120Hz LED Smart HDTV (D65U-D2) + $250 Dell Gift Card 999.99 w/ FS @ Dell Home
- Samsung JS8500 Series 65″ 2160p Smart 3D 4K Ultra HD LED TV — $1799.00 + FS at eBa
- Sony 55″ 4K 120Hz 3D LED HDTV (XBR-55X850C) $949.00 w/ FS @ Buydig via eBay
- Sharp – 43″ Class (42.6″ Diag.) – LED – 1080p – Smart – HDTV Roku TV – Black $299.99 ship BEST BUY
- LG 55″ 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV (55LF6000) – 449.99 @ eBay
- Insignia™ – 32″ Class (31.5″ Diag.) – LED – 720p – HDTV – Black — $129.99 + FS at Best Buy
- 55″ Sony XBR55X850C 4K UHD 3D Smart LED HDTV — $999.99 + FS at Best Buy
- LG 32 Inch LED TV 32LF500B HDTV, plus Vericom Series HDMI Cable + $100 Dell eGift Card — $189.99 + FS at Dell
- TCL 40″ 1080p Full Array LED HDTV (40FD2700) – $229.99 w/ FS @ Amazon
- LG 60″ 120Hz 4K Ultra Smart HDTV (60UF7690) + $400 Dell Gift Card – $1299.99 w/ FS @ Dell
- Changhong 55″ 4K Ultra HD LED TV (UD55YC5500UA) $399.99 w/ FS Newegg via eBay • $399.99 • Free Shipping @ eBay
- 60″ LG 60UF8500 4K 3D Ultra HD Smart LED HDTV — $1,149.00 + FS at eBay
- 48″ Samsung UN48JS8500 4K SUHD 3D Smart LED HDTV — $949.00 + FS at eBay
- Insignia – 50″ Class (49.5″ Diag.) – LED – 1080p – HDTV – Black — $289.99 + FS at eBay
- Samsung 55″ 4K SUHD Smart 3D Curved LED Smart LED HDTV (UN55JS9000FXZA) – $1,1449.00 w/ FS @ ebay
- Sceptre U435CV-U 43″ 4K Ultra HD 2160p 60Hz LED HDTV (4K x 2K) $249.00 at walmart.com + FS
- 55″ Sony XBR-55X850C 4K 120Hz Smart Android HDTV — $999.00 + FS at eBay
- 65″ Samsung UN65JS850D 4K 3D SUHD Smart HDTV — $1,799.99 + FS at BJ’s
- Samsung J6200 40″ 1080p LED Smart HDTV, 2015 (UN40J6200AFXZA) + $150 Gift Card – $379.99 w/ FS @ Dell Consumer
- Samsung 32″ 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV (UN32J5003) + $75 Gift Card – $199.99 @ Dell Home
- Samsung J6200 60″ 1080p LED Smart HDTV, 2015 (UN60J6200AFXZA) + $300 Dell Gift Card – $879.99 w/ FS @ Dell Consumer
- Hisense 50″ 4K Smart LED HDTV (50H7GB2) – $498.00 w/ FS @ Walmart
- LG 43″ 1080p LED Backlit Smart HDTV (43LF5900) + $150 Gift Card $399 @ Dell w/FS
- Samsung 40″ 1080p LED Smart HDTV, 2015 (UN40J5500AFXZA) + $150 Dell Gift Card – $497.99 w/ FS @ Dell
Sceptre 49″ 4K Ultra 120Hz LED HDTV (U505CV-UMK) – $349.99 w/ FS @ Walmart
- Toshiba – 49″ Class (48.5″ Diag.) – LED – 1080p – HDTV – Black — $279.99 + FS at Best Buy
- Changhong 49″ 4k 240Hz LED HDTV (UD49YC5500UA) – $299.00 at eBay