Spending in June can quickly escalate for homeowners. Thanks to widespread Father’s Day sales, smart savings on a variety of items for both dads, and homeowners, can help to ease spending concerns when securing those needs and wants for summer. Many of the most trending deals in a variety categories fall into our Top 6 Ways Dads Save in June list below, including tools and automotive, home and garden, men’s clothing, TV and electronics, smartphones, outdoor sporting gear, summer yard games and deals on summer activities and special events.
To help you sort it all out, FatWallet has curated a comprehensive Father’s Day gifts and sales roundup featuring a living list of the top online coupons and offers from major retailers. Shoppers can also access a more user-friendly Father’s Day Deals section to sort through from now until June 19.
Top 6 Ways Dads Save in June
- Tools, especially power tools, cordless tool kits, tool storage and automotive tools see timely price drops up to 50% off top brands like Craftsman, Black & Decker, Milwaukee and DeWalt. Those that buy tools frequently claim there is no better time to buy than Father’s Day (FatWallet.com Survey).
- Home Improvement Project Needs are featured in June sales for homeowners looking to beat the heat. Stores like Home Depot, Lowe’s and Sears post some of their best prices of the year on paints and stains, building materials, hardware, fixtures and tools needed for home repair and remodel.
- Summer Sports and Yard Games go on sale in June, including deep discounting on gear for camping, fishing and golfing at Bass Pro shop, Cabela’s, and Golfsmith. Many Father’s Day sales include the season’s best discounts on popular summer yard games and pool toys.
- Men’s Clothing will be on sale the first 2 weeks in June, especially summer apparel used for outdoor activities and sports. Stores like REI, Backcountry, LLBean, Patagonia and Duluth Trading have timely deals on quality shirts, shorts and shoes for guys, and gals, who spend free-time outside.
- Smart Gadgets and accessories are the covet of most dads, and techies, too. Audio tech, especially Bluetooth speakers and headphones, and outdoor speakers will be on sale this month, as will smart home hubs and accessories that help keep us connected to home during busy summer months.
- 4K TV Deals have been trending in 2016 and price drops continue in June during Father’s Day sales from electronics retailers like Best Buy, Dell and eBay. Expect to find “halfway to Black Friday” deals on major brand 50” 4K TVs under $500, 55” 4K TVs under $600 and 60” 4K TVs under $800.