Laptop Deals Lead Off With Big Steals In August
Smart shoppers know that seasonal shopping events can offer hidden savings opportunities on items that are meant for more targeted audiences. For example, August is prime for discounts on Back to School items, and most retailers are promoting deals that far transcend student needs, catering to upgrades for the home, office and personal adult needs. When it comes to deciding what to buy in august, clothing, shoes, laptops, office supplies and even hotel deals meant for parents relocating their college bound student(s) should come to mind.
August brings some of the best computing device deals of the year, and according to parents surveyed by FatWallet, Back to School sales are the #1 time to find the best laptop deals, ahead of Black Friday or any other time. (And, August was ranked by parents as the best time to find deals on school supplies.) Whether you’re in the market to buy a student laptop, or one for yourself, there may be no better time for comparing brands and features, while securing a low price, especially if you live in a state that offers a Tax-Free Holiday weekend (see 2016 Tax Holiday Schedules). Other savings tactics include utilizing student and teacher discounts that can bring as extra 10-20% off on computers and software (with a school ID), and online shoppers can double down on rewards by using cash back from sites like Ebates.
But August isn’t just about saving money on school needs as this month now ushers in summer clearace and ends with a final week of Labor Day sales that bring pricing reminiscent of deep discounting we see during Memorial Day and President’s Day shopping events. Expect to find significant savings on swimwear and summer apparel, as well as weekend sales from big box retailers offering 30-50% off patio and grilling items, outdoor sporting goods, yard and lawn tools and home maintenance needs. Jumping on these sales brings more than savings, as August buyers will have a much better selection than those that wait for lower prices in the fall…and…they’ll have a good amount of the summer to still utilize their purchases..
Complete list of What to Buy in August
- Computers: laptops, tablets, printers and computer monitors
- School Supplies: writing and art supplies, backpacks, lunch bags
- Kids Clothing: uniforms, shirts, blouses, jeans, shoes, jackets, hoodies, shorts, hats, socks
- Textbooks/Books: buy and sell online: new, used, rentals, digital
- Musical Instruments: woodwinds, brasswinds, drums, percussion, guitars, etc.
- College: luggage, furniture, lighting, rugs, small appliances, storage
SUMMER CLEARANCE / LABOR DAY SALES
- Sports/Outdoors: golf, cycling, running, baseball, camping, fishing, pools
- Clothing: tanks, dresses, shorts, sandals, hats and sunglasses
- Swimwear: suits, shorts and beach accessories
- Grills/Grilling: gas and charcoal grills and accessories
- Patio Furniture: outdoor furniture, umbrellas, Awnings, cushions, lawn chairs
- Travel: Hotels weekend discounts/packages, Vegas deals, luggage
- MISC: some yard/lawn tools and equipment, paint, ceiling fans