News Release NOV 30, 2016 (courtesy of fatwallet.com):
Do You Know What to Buy in December?
Following the busiest shopping days in history that featured some of the lowest prices ever, many holiday shoppers are still looking to finish up those gift lists. But where should they look for the biggest bang for their buck now that the huge November sales have past? Here’s a quick list of what and where to expect some of the biggest values in December.
- Cookware and Kitchen Gadgets: Shoppers can expect better prices and exclusive savings post-Thanksgiving on select cookware, dinnerware, glassware and small kitchen appliances. Holding out for the monthly Kohl’s discount that stacks with Kohl’s Cash, or shopping during Macy’s exclusive Sunday sales will be your best bet, including savings on home decor items.
- Toy Deals: Retailers were aggressive with toy deals in late November, but selection of special pricing was limited to the “gotta-have-it” toys. Overall toy prices will get better following Cyber Monday, but waiting too long may leave you empty handed, especially for 2016 video game deals that will be in demand as stocking stuffers that pair with those new video gaming console deals during Black Friday.
- Gift Cards: Dozens of stores offer discounts in late December and right before Christmas break, especially for restaurants, movie theaters and local entertainment venues. Check eBay deals as a great resource to scout for discounts on gift cards from retailers and gas stations, and look for discounts on iTunes gift cards with expectations of $100 in iTunes credit for $80.
- TVs and accessories: TV prices were exceptional during the Thanksgiving weekend, many prices were even better on Cyber Monday, signaling TVs were undersold. Expect 4K TV Deals to continue in December, especially 50-65” as well as 1080p TVs 60” or larger. Electronics stores that carry HDMI and A/V cables, streaming devices and other TV accessories will offer better discounting, too.
- Free Shipping Day and December Clearance: On Friday Dec. 16, Free Shipping Day will offer the best last minute savings opportunities, but beware any offer that looks too good to be true as some third party sites charge a fee to access their free shipping promises. After Christmas Clearance sales start up December 22 and acting quick is key as the best deals do not last more than a few hours.
About: FatWallet is a smart resource for millions of online and mobile shoppers to find and share thousands of current coupons and deals from more than 2,000 retailers, like Kohl’s, Amazon, Walmart and Ebay. The much-celebrated FatWallet forums represent the pulse of an evolving online and mobile marketplace where the savviest deal hunters in the world gather to share and learn about ways to save money on everyday needs, wants and personal finance decisions.
For additional data, insights and interviews, please contact Brent Shelton via firstname.lastname@example.org.