Hit the big summer sales before prices go back up in August.
July presents the perfect storm for consumers to nab a deal ahead of the long back-to-school shopping season. Expect notable price drops on outdoor toys and games for the pool and yard, patio/party supplies and summer clothing bargains. Other July savings include final clearance sales on furniture, mattresses, tools/tool boxes and health and fitness products as retailers start to turn over inventory with new products. As things “heat up”, keep an eye on price drops for air conditioners and fans (box, floor-standing and ceiling fans) but note these sell fast, if not sell out completely. Online shoppers should look to stack July sales discounts with increased Cash Back from more than 100 top retailers throughout the month. See full story on WHAT TO BUY IN JULY.
- Patio/Party: (furniture, decorations, flags, dishware, lighting/candles)
- Outdoors: (camping, fishing, grilling accessories, patio furniture & accessories)
- Air Conditioners: (window AC units and installation discounts, fans, shades, etc)
- Summer Outdoor Toys: (pool and water toys, swings, yard games, etc)
- Sports/Outdoors: (golf, cycling, running, baseball, camping, fishing, swimwear)
- Workout Equipment: (treadmills, weights, yoga accessories, workout apparel/gear)
- Audio Tech: (ipods, mp3 players, boom boxes and accessories, earbuds, speakers)
- Big Appliances: (microwaves, refrigerators, stoves, laundry, AC)
- Furniture: (couches, chairs, dining room sets, bedroom sets, outdoor furniture)
- MISC: (tools, paint, summer clothing, suits, jewelry, some grills and patio furniture)
- Tech: (laptops, tablets and iPads, cell phones and iPhones, PC’s)
- Supplies: (writing supplies, backpacks, lunch bags, art supplies)
- Apparel: (uniforms, shirts, blouses, jeans, shoes, jackets, hoodies, shorts)
- Dorm Furnishings: (luggage, furniture, lighting, rugs, small appliances, storage)
Check FatWallet’s Ultimate Laptop Buying Guide and/or Student Laptop Buying Guide for smart money-saving buying tips and a comprehensive overview of the most important components and features before you make such a big investment.
Follow Brent Shelton on Google+.