With the average American watching nearly five hours of TV per day, it’s no surprise that more than 30 million TVs are purchased each year. (How else will we catch up on our Hulu/Netflix/DVR hoard of shows?)
We went hunting for the best Black Friday TV deals in 2015, because with all of the flashy choices available on the market, shopping for a shiny new TV isn’t the simplest of tasks. And electronics, particularly TVs, are wildly popular each and every Black Friday.
Sure, plasma sets are no more, Black Friday Smart TV deals are hugely popular and with the newest 4K TV trend making itself known, you might ask yourself if the 1080p model in your living room is still up to snuff. And, really, is bigger always better?
We’ve searched through this year’s Black Friday ads and scanned prior deals to find the best TVs of Black Friday 2015.
Just as we made a change from standard definition (SD) to high definition (HD) over the past few years, we’re now seeing yet another transition from HD to 4K TVs. While the 4K models are still relatively expensive compared to the price of 1080p sets, this new technology brings us higher resolution.
Not surprisingly, Best Buy makes several mentions on the list. Our best bet shows Best Buy is not messing around this year: this is the cheapest price we’ve ever seen for a TV this size, and Best Buy beat it yet again by $50 this year. Kohl’s makes their way on the list thanks to a great deal combined with Kohl’s cash, plus
FatWallet shoppers have additional incentive with 2% cash back.
- Good: Kohl’s – Westinghouse 32-inch LED HDTV on sale for $99.99 +$30 in Kohl’s Cash (plus 2% cash back)
- Better: Target – 55-inch Element 4K UHDTV 1080p – $399.99
- Best: Best Buy – Toshiba 49-inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV – $149.99 (plus 1% cash back)
Even with the addition of 4K HD to the Black Friday huddle, there’s no shortage of 1080p options. Target surprisingly wins this round thanks to the best price we’ve seen on a 55-inch HDTV by a whopping $100. Black Friday TV deals at Walmart are also popular, and their 50″ model is a great option, especially when FatWallet shoppers get to cash in on 4% cash back.
- Good: Kohl’s – LG 49-inch LED HDTV – $369.99 (add in 2% cash back)
- Better: Walmart 50-inch 1080p LED HDTV – $269 (on top of 4% cash back)
- Best: Target – Westinghouse 55-inch 1080p HDTV – $249.99
Black Friday 4K TV Deals:
The newest model on the market has everyone talking (although the jury still seems to be out on what size is preferable due to lack of comparison with 4K viewing material.)
- Good: Panasonic 55-inch 240Hz 4K Pro Ultra Smart HDTV – $1,499.99 (plus 2% cash back)
- Better: Panasonic 60-inch 240 Hz 4K Ultra Smart HDTV – $1,099.99 (plus 2% cash back)
- Best: Best Buy – Samsung 60-inch 4K 60Hz Smart HDTV – $799.99 (plus 1% cash back)
If none of these options excite you, Vizio has a 120-inch Ultra HD Full-Array LED Smart TV with ultra color spectrum that offers more than one billion possible colors for the same price as a new Tesla: a mere $129,999.99. We’re not sure it’s worth going into debt over, but take a moment and imagine a TV taking up 10 feet of real estate on your living room wall.
If you don’t want to miss one second of the Black Friday action, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and download our new app so you can make sure the perfect Black Friday bargain doesn’t slip through your fingers.