There are 48 days until Black Friday 2011 and we’re counting them down with money saving and holiday shopping tips.
Clever Passwords You Can Remember
Don’t you hate all the passwords and things we need to remember these days? It seems like every website now requires a log in and storing the passwords on your computer isn’t the safest thing. Storing them at your house isn’t either if you were to get broken into. So what do you do?
Here are a few tips to hep you create secure but easy to remember passwords.
- Combine letters, numbers, and symbols wherever possible.
- Avoid any words that can be found in the English dictionary.
- Replace letters with symbols that you will be able to easily remember because they look similar, such as $ for “S”, 8 for “B” etc.
- Combine a syllable from a word you can always remember with the first or the last syllable of the name of the website you’re creating the password for.
- Pick the first letter of each word in a sentence you can easily remember.
- Add punctuation or symbols before, after, or in the middle of your password.
47 Tips to Go! Please feel free to share any black Friday countdown ideas you have and any topics you’d like me to touch upon in the comments below.
Share this with your friends and stay tuned for tomorrow’s secret!
Are you a Black Friday FatWallet Insider?
Have you checked out our Black Friday page yet? Get on the email list to receive exclusive Black Friday rumors, try out our online Black Friday Tool, and download the iPhone app!
Miss a tip?
Check out the Black Friday Shopping Tips: 90 Day Countdown Master List