Like father, like sondaughter!
Fathers and daughters have a very special bond, especially for a Daddy’s girl. Dad is the one who can be goofy all of the time, but still teach the rights from the wrongs. No matter what my dad was doing, I always wanted to join in and hang with him. (I didn’t learn how to throw a spiral by myself!) I asked around the office, here at FatWallet, for some memories and advice for dads. We came up with a great list, that will help to create the best memories in a daughter’s life.
Happy Fathers Day!
How to Wrap Her Around Your Finger
- Squish all of the creepy crawlers
- Read to her (Even the scary ones, where you are always the hero!)
- Tuck her in every night – even if she will sneak right back in with mom and dad
- Let her know that she can be anything she wants to be
- Help make all of her dreams come true
- Have a tea party with her
- Help her do her hair, and let her do your hair, (she can pretend if you are bald!)
- Paint her nails, and let her paint yours
- Let her pick out her outfit & make sure to tell her how fashionable she is
- Watch a princess movie with her, be sure to take notes
- Teach her the outdoors: fishing, hiking, hunting – worms aren’t that bad!
- Show her how to ride a bike
- Rebound for her, after every shot!
- Let her know everything about your favorite teams & sports
- Be her biggest fan
- Treat her mom like royalty
- Buy her flowers
- Take her on a date, but let her pick where
- Tell her “I love you,” – texts are nice, but phone calls actually “say” it
- Remind her how beautiful she is on the inside & out
- Teach her the value of a dollar
- Make sure she knows how to drive safe
- Show her how to fix things for when she’s on her own
- Offer to check her oil/tire pressure – but show her how to do it!
- Build her a lemonade stand, and join in!
- Teach her how to respect herself & how she should be treated
- Be there for her big moments, through the ups and downs
- Say yes to every father-daughter dance
- Have high expectations for her
- Correct her when she’s wrong, even when she doesn’t like it