The holidays have come and gone, leaving many of us prepared to take on our weight-loss and fitness resolutions for the New Year. Many gym newbies find workout facilities to be intimidating places where they will stand out and be judged by professional fitness gurus, who spend all their time pumping iron and drinking kale smoothies. The reality is that most gym goers were just like you at one point in their lives and understand the struggle to reinvent your life around wellness and nutrition. As so, these awkward, introductory moments at the gym have more to do with our own fears and self-esteem.
So how can we overcome these irrational thoughts that hold us back from accomplishing our fitness goals? It’s as simple as dressing the part. By dressing in the latest fitness fashion trends, you and everyone else will believe that you, too, are a fitness guru. And just as self-fulfilling prophecies tend to do, your continued efforts and sporty style will guarantee your eventual success.
What determines the latest fitness apparel trends? Fitness trends, unlike high fashion, are not only visually appealing, but they have a direct correlation to comfort and performance for specific body types and physical activities. As Brent Leefers, Fitness Expert for Sports Authority says “If you want the most out of your training, it’s important to get started with the right equipment.” Sporting the proper fitness attire will ensure that common injuries are avoided, while looking and feeling your best during your workout regimen.
So, what exactly should you be looking to purchase?
- Thanks to innovative fitness technology, both men and women can enjoy the comfort of sweat wicking fabrics that keep you feeling dry, no matter how hard you push yourself. Under Armour’s HeatGear/ColdGear lines offer the ideal workout shirts and tanks for both men and women to maintain an ideal body temperature during exercise.
- Sports bras are important for women to use when exercising, because excessive movement without support can be painful. Many companies, like Electric Yoga and The North Face, make brightly patterned, designer tank tops with built-in bras that make getting dressed for the gym a snap.
- For an added flair of fitness fashion, top off your outfit with a cool hooded sweatshirt. Hoodiebuddie’s basic zip-up hoodies come in a large spectrum of colors and have built-in ear phones to keep your tunes conveniently by your side during your workouts.
- As far as bottoms go, we agree with Nicole Truog from applesandarteries.com. She recommends that women “stick to workout capris or pants”, because “sometimes shorts can cause wardrobe malfunctions”. Capris are perfect for any time of year, and they provide the flexibility and ease of movement necessary for most all types of exercise. Check out the Puma 3/4 Pant from 6pm.com.
- Men will find comfort and function in a fitted pair of training or warm-up pants. Adidas Sereno 11 Soccer Training Pants are made from lightweight material and hug in all the right places.
- Socks are economical, so stock up on low cut socks that don’t draw too much attention away from the rest of your outfit. The harder you hit the gym, the more socks you will be buying. If you prefer socks that won’t wear out so quickly or offer arch support, you may prefer the Asics Stratus or the Nike Dri-FIT Running Cushioned No Show.
- Shoes, especially for runners, are quite possibly the most important piece of fitness equipment that you can buy. The right shoes will play a large part in your fitness success, comfort, injury avoidance and overall style. You want to look your best when you exercise at the gym, so here are a few hot and trendy items to consider adding to your workout attire. The Nike Free 4.0 shoe will give you an appropriate look, and guys should definitely consider the adiZero Feather 2 running shoe. Using them is literally like running on air. These shoes may be exactly what you need, but remember that no one shoe is perfect for everyone. We all have different feet with different needs. Brent recommends that you first, and foremost, find your “golden gait”. “Are you a neutral pronator, or would a motion control shoe help you find your perfect stride?”
Above all it is important to wear items that are comfortable, so you can focus on your workout instead of how bunchy, tight, loose, sweaty or itchy your clothes are. Sporting goods retailers offer the latest on athletic apparel. Prep for success and get started creating your fitness wardrobe today! Look good. Feel good. Be good.
Cash Back Resources