February shopping trends forecast is packed with new trending items (and fun super bowl fodder) to go along with traditional retail sales events in February. Shop now and save money on things that will cost more later this year!
Last minute HDTV Deals are hot as Super Bowl sales trending huge for low-priced quality big screens are as good as we’ve ever seen. That said, waiting until after the big game will also prove heady for good TV deals…and Home Theater deals are always ramping up through February and on to the March Madness deals as retailers look to thin out 2012’s overstock and make room for 2013 models.
- Look for Star Wars, especially Darth Vader merchandise, to be smokin’ hot thanks to VW’s viral followup ad (tops w/ 24+ million pre-game views).
- And after Super Bowl is great for the leftover party food deals, too. Find 2 for 1 Doritos while everyone is still buzzing about their funny super bowl ads 🙂
Winter Travel Deals, especially for Ski Resorts, are readily available and advertised. These destinations will push specials to finish off the season with a full house. Use a resource like TripAdvisor.com to compare best packages and stop back to get extra cash back from Fatwallet. The extra bucks saved can add surf to your turf on a fun winter trip. Like January, avoid most luggage deals until March’s Spring Break sales, but we’ll start to see some attractive travel baggage bundle sales in late February if you can’t wait.
Flowers, jewelry and fragrance deals will be front and center, but not necessarily all great savings. These in demand traditional V-Day gifts need to be researched for free shipping and exclusive coupon codes for true extra discounts on these items. Rewards sites like FatWallet and Ebates work with dozens of these retailers to increase cash back in February, helping the tradition gift giver add 3-20% savings to their Valentine’s purchases.
- Techie gifts aren’t necessarily driven purely by our recent technology demand…February buying trends spawn electronics deals at premium prices in February, due to recent CES announcements and traditional inventory clearance this month. Look for savings on Valentine’s gifts with music players, bluetooth accessories, cameras, smartphones, tablets and apps (utilitarian and romantic).
- With the announcement of Apples new 4th generation retina iPad (w/128GB), expect other iPad prices to drop, just in time for Valentine’s.
- After Valentine’s is an opportunity to score 50% and more off candy, flowers and some jewelry that might make great Easter, wedding and graduation gifts later in the year.
Expect some of the lowest prices of the year for housewares, furniture and mark the kick-off of winter clearance on apparel. Shoppers should look for deep discounts from virtually all the big department stores, and look for special coupon codes from the apparel stores like Kate Spade, Nordstrom, Banana Republic and others with up to 50% off quality garments. The outdoor stores will also feature winter apparel deals on coats and boots, and other winter clearance on outdoor sports items and tools (although before Father’s Day is the biggest tool deal holiday) from top stores like Cabela’s, REI and MooseJaw. Cash back is increased from many retailers during this short sales event.
Other February Bargains
Look for savings on heaters, humidifiers, air conditioners (if you can find them), and the last month for bicycle discounts before spring fever fills this demand. It’s also a great month to stock up on toothbrushes, toothpaste, mouthwash and floss as National Children’s Dental Month brings an awareness and savings for these items.
Subscribe to the FatWallet blog for more tips, tactics and data. If you’re readers want an unbiased review of products they’re looking to buy, we recommend they check out Viewpoints.com. The consumer’s resource for honest product reviews, rankings and shopping research tools.
|The Ultimate Laptop Buying Guide
Back to School Laptop Bargains for Teachers and Students
A Detailed Guide to Shopping Safely Online
Top 5 Ways to Score Free Books For Your Kindle
In-Store Warranties vs Alternatives
Ultimate HDTV Buying Guide