July brings consumers a mixed bag of savings from extended 4th of July sales to mid-summer clearance from just about every retailer in every shopping category. With traditional July price drops on outdoor toys and games for the pool and yard, patio/party supplies and accessories and summer clothing bargains imminent, we’ll also see some surprise savings and an exclusive Summer Sizzler Cash Back Sale at FatWallet featuring 100s of top retailers boosting rewards July 7-22.
Some not-so-obvious July savings include final clearance on furniture, mattresses (especially during 4th sales), tools/tool boxes (Father’s Day leftovers for the DIYers), and health and fitness products. If the weather gets really hot (it will), keep an eye on price drops for air conditioners, fans, and “stay cool” items as top models move in and out of stores faster than the rising mercury in mid July.
Perhaps the best hidden savings on laptops and computers (2nd to Black Friday/Cyber Monday) happen at the end of July when retailers and brands get a jump on Back to School sales. That, combined with a slow June for tech and HDTV sales present the perfect early-bird opportunity to jump on late July special pricing. Before buying, check our Ultimate Laptop Buying Guide and/or Student Laptop Buying Guide for smart money-saving buying tips and a comprehensive overview of todays important components and features that matter, whether it’s for home, school, work or play.
Starting almost a full week before the parties, concerts and fireworks, retailers bring us deep discounts on these trending items for a solid ten day span from June 28 – July 7.
- Patio/Party: (furniture, decorations, flags, dishware, lighting/candles)
- Outdoors: (camping, fishing, grilling accessories, patio furniture & accessories)
- Air Conditioners: (window AC units and installation discounts, fans, shades, etc)
- Summer Outdoor Toys: (pool and water toys, swings, yard games, etc)
Tip: Look for 4th gear onsale the weekend before for best selection and possibly, better pricing. Then you have the whole 4th 4-day weekend to enjoy it.
July sizzles with a variety of savings and double cash back assures these deals are more worthy.
- Sports/Outdoors: (golf, cycling, running, baseball, camping, fishing, swimwear)
- Workout Equipment: (treadmills, weights, yoga accessories, workout apparel/gear)
- Audio Tech: (ipods, mp3 players, boom boxes and accessories, earbuds, speakers)
- Big Appliances: (microwaves, refrigerators, stoves, laundry, AC)
- Furniture: (couches, chairs, dining room sets, bedroom sets, outdoor furniture)
- MISC: (tools, paint, summer clothing, suits, jewelry, some grills and patio furniture)
Tip: Stack savings on all kinds of summer clearance items, including grills and other big ticket items that make the double cash back sale an extreme bonus.
As mentioned earlier, FatWallet shoppers flock to our site for the seasonal pricing on laptops and computers, as well as early retail sales that sneak in before the August rush.
- Tech: (laptops, tablets and iPads, cell phones and iPhones, PC’s)
- Supplies: (writing supplies, backpacks, lunch bags, art supplies)
- Apparel: (uniforms, shirts, blouses, jeans, shoes, jackets, hoodies, shorts)
- Dorm Furnishings: (luggage, furniture, lighting, rugs, small appliances, storage)
Tip: Back to School is the longest seasonal shopping event of the year lasting into September clearance. Except for textbooks, start monitoring prices in late July to help you land a good deal and assure you get the style, size, color, model, etc before it’s slim pickins.