• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

100 Days
Disclaimer
As reported by our sister site BFAds, today marks just 100 days to go until Black Friday 2016!

This year we're expecting to see deals on video games and 4k TVs. We also think that "Black Thursday" is here to stay. We expect our first ad leak in early October. 

For the full BFAds article, as well as the chance to win a $100 Amazon Gift Card, head over here. In addition, we'll be drawing a few random comments from this thread on August 23rd and sending the winners a t-shirt!

As usual, our team of ad scan experts will be working around the clock this holiday season to bring you new Black Friday ads and information before anyone else!

What are you looking for this Black Friday? What stores are worth standing in line for? Are your fingers crossed for any doorbusters? Do you have any tips & tricks for other shoppers? Is there anything FatWallet can do to improve your Black Friday experience? Let us know your thoughts below & good luck!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Any update on the FW BF T-shirt contest?  Did I miss it?  Thought it usually ran the last 2 weeks of September.  Makes i... (more)

surfing4dough (Sep. 26, 2016 @ 6:06a) |

It's coming soon! Stay tuned

st4rdust (Sep. 27, 2016 @ 2:39p) |

Man I can't wait to see what is gonna be there for real

maryrhoan (Oct. 13, 2016 @ 8:52p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Awesome post Sr4rdust and to FW for the opportunity. Can't wait for BF!!

I can't wait to see the deals!!!!

Woohoo!!!

FatWallet - Going for the Gold on Black Friday!

Thanks for the link st4rdust, I never win anything so maybe this will break the trend!

Having to think about BF already... nahhhhhhhhh too soon Really though the only time I've entered a brick and mortar store on BF was with a spreadsheet and a stack of circulars to do a massive amount of price matching. I'll let you guess what store i was at but it should be semi-obvious. I did camp out in front of a Microsoft Store for a $100 Venue 8 Pro but it doesn't count it was after BF... the free upgrade to win 10 made that deal a lot sweeter in the long run.

Not really looking for anything this BF. Maybe just a 4+TB WD My Cloud External HD.

I've been looking for a new printer. Debating whether to buy now or wait until BF. Went over to BFads yesterday to see what type of deals were offered for BF 2015 to get an idea on what pricing could be like for BF 2016 and noticed it said 101 days until BF 2016. Crazy how fast time flies.

Hoping I can score a good deal.on an eliptical! Come on black friday

I need to replace my non-digital TV's with some LED sets!

tanner12oz said:   Hoping I can score a good deal.on an eliptical! Come on black friday

If you don't find any during BF season wait til January! New Year's resolutions mean fitness deals

Going to be looking for a home theater system deal

I think it's time to upgrade our video gaming system!

looking forward to doing some impulse buying ...

Looking for a new TV

BF = not so fatwallet.

Who's ready for that free T-Shirt?!

BF 2015
Disclaimer
CtrlAltElite said:   Who's ready for that free T-Shirt?!
T-shirt contest?

I think I know what a popular theme will be this year. I was 1 year early with mine.

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1460283/?showmessage=19242236 

Isn't the whole idea of Black Friday that you don't know what you want until you see the deal?  

obviously the best part of black friday is the tshirt competition

I never win anything.

Need some deals for more Star Wars

Mmmmm t-shirts!

A RANDOM POST FOR A RANDOM T-SHIRT

A big pile of cheap steaks at Costco.

Maybe some bike components and accessories.

usolsons said:   Isn't the whole idea of Black Friday that you don't know what you want until you see the deal?  

I do my research and make a wishlist beforehand

A nice external disk to store tons of pictures

Large 4K it is for me!

Can't wait for the roll-out of black Friday ads!

If history repeats itself this year, a free shirt would likely be one of the best BF deals we'll see.  Hoping for a new trend where there will actually be deals of interest.

Ready for a new 50+" TV!

Winter is coming.

Meh.  I remember when BF used to be something to behold.  It was exciting and fun.

Its turned sad and boring.  The sales are the same every year.  Nothing new and interesting.  Its turned into a 4 day kludge of a generic sale that companies offload old merch or have special BF only models of TVs or whatever produced that are stripped down versions to sell for $100 off.

Online stores are sold out in seconds.  Retailers suspend their normal policies and concentrate on hucking product out the door as fast as humanly possible.  Not to mention all the cancellations the day after or "paid membership" only deals.  Ugh.

I don't think I've actually bought anything of note on BF in about 2 years now and I don't expect this year to be any different.

The problem is that sane people like us lose out because the masses all love fighting over a tickle me elmo at 3 a.m. and/or buying every furby on the shelf to flip on eBay.

I reiterate my ugh.

I am hoping for Dunkin Donuts to have Buy-1-Donut-Get-11-Free, and maybe Burger King to have $1 Whoppers and...oops... guilty of posting while hungry. Sorry.

I do wish we could get back to Friday instead of Thursday. I get why retail has gone that way, but it was much easier to navigate WalMart at 4:00 a.m., Staples at 5:00, Radio Shack at 6:00, etc.

TV!

Great lets get shopping.  Wait, I did not stop to begin with.

I second some of the other posts, Black Friday lost its allure about 5 years ago.  I haven't bought anything on Black Friday in that long.  I went out with my wife two years ago because I had nothing else to do and was amazed at what are considered deals now...

Maybe this year will be different, but I doubt it...

Skipping 86 Messages...
Man I can't wait to see what is gonna be there for real

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017