Excel Spreadsheet - BF Filtered Ads - BF2008 Buying Guide

Archived From: Black Friday
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I have created this spreadsheet the past couple of years to help with my Black Friday shopping, I have found it very useful and I hope you will as well. Essentially, it is a spreadsheet that lists all the major Black Friday store ads in a format that can be sorted by store, product, price, etc. Use the drop down arrows at the top of the columns to sort and/or filter the data.

This is a work in progress and more ad information will be added as it becomes available.....

Thanks to all for the offers to help, I really appreciate it.

Download Here or Here

11/15 - minor update - added Walgreens and Sports Authority - more coming this weekend.
11/16 - Added Circuit City and Radio Shack .....still more to come.
11/16 - Added Office Max, Target and Ace Hardware.....more updates are coming.
11/16 - Added Dicks Sporting Goods and Kmart....still more to come.
11/20 - Added Staples and meijer's Thursday Ad....more coming over the next few days.
11/21 - Added WalMart
11/23 - Mega Update - Added Bass Pro, Blockbuster, Burlington Coat, Dell, GameStop, hhgregg, Home Depot, KB Toys, JC Penney and Office Depot
11/23 - Added Costco, Kohl's, meijer, Ritz Camera, toys r us.
11/23 - Added Macys
11/24 - Made some categorical and cosmetic changes.
11/25 - Added AAFES, Navy Exchange and Best Buy's "Secret Sale" items.
11/26 - Added Gander Mountain, Newegg and Sams

******The PASSWORD is------> thanks2fw&sd

11/28 - Another year is done and another Black Friday completed. I want to thank everyone for their kind comments over the past couple of weeks, my family and I really enjoy reading them. I hope that everyone had a safe and successful Black Friday experience this year. Happy Holidays to all and to all a safe and prosperous New Year.

Until next year,

akelnat

Statistics as of 11/27/2008 9:00pm:
Spreadsheet downloads - 201,584
Downloads in the past 24 hours - 40,798 or 1700 per hour
Visits to the donation site - 13,441

Thanks to the 52 individuals that have donated, it is much appreciated!

akelnat

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
This is amazing, never seen anything like this before! Thanks so much!

Costco is coming up blank on a filter search of st... (more)

researchin (Nov. 28, 2008 @ 11:01a) |

Awesome job! This is a fantastic tool -- Thanks!

phillygalks (Nov. 28, 2008 @ 11:31a) |

11/28 - Another year is done and another Black Friday completed. I want to thank everyone for their kind comments over ... (more)

akelnat (Nov. 29, 2008 @ 8:47a) |

Direct Link

Google Spreadsheet Version
Visual Viewer

Link2
Excel Viewer
I posted this viewer before, but someone deleted it.
Don't forget the black friday sites

BlackFridayCentral.com
BFAds.net
Black-Friday.net
iBlackFriday.com
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I know I for one have appreciated this spreadsheet in years past and I was hoping that it would show up again this year. Thanks a ton! Is there a way that people like me could send you a couple bucks through PayPal as a thank you for your time and effort?

Awesome. I also appreciate the effort. If this could be a google spreadsheet, allowing us to subscribe to an rss feed of changes, it would be awesome. If thats too much trouble, I understand though.

Should be able to attach now? great spreadsheet, ive asked the mods for a sticky.

Great effort...this was godsent last year.....hope BF discounts step up soon!

thx a lot !!! will be useful !!!

Thanks man....I was looking forward for this as well.

OP
Always appreciate this .xls list.
Thanks for the effort and sharing.

thanks for your hard work!

Another grateful FatWallet-er

Amazing! Green for you! Thanks!

Very nice - thanks!

great work! thx akelnat!

I'm glad that this became a sticky. Green.

adnj said: I'm glad that this became a sticky. Green.

how does it become a sticky? :

akelnat said: I have created this spreadsheet the past couple of years to help with my Black Friday shopping, I have found it very useful and I hope you will as well. Essentially, it is a spreadsheet that lists all the major Black Friday store ads in a format that can be sorted by store, product, price, etc. Use the drop down arrows at the top of the columns to sort and/or filter the data.

This is a work in progress and more ad information will be added as it becomes available.....

Thanks to all for the offers to help, I really appreciate it.
Download Here or Here

akelnat

Thanks for the Excel, you did a wonderful job. Is this the complete or are you going to update more?

thank you. Has to be the easiest way to sort through different deals at different stores and make my decision where to purchase the items on my list.

Thanks Buddy

Any free software I can download to read the xls sheets?

Thx, it is useful for all.

Excellent Work. Thanks!!

Thanks for the filtering!

As a suggestion, could the OP import the xls into google spreadsheet and "Publish it as Web Page" ? It'll be much easier for us to view.

Excellent spreadsheet. Beggars can't be choosy but, do we get updates?

atomicity said: Thanks for the filtering!

As a suggestion, could the OP import the xls into google spreadsheet and "Publish it as Web Page" ? It'll be much easier for us to view.

I WILL TRY TO DO IT and put the link...in couple hrs...

www.openoffice.com
Free software suite that can open XLS spreadsheets

YankeeRedneck said: Any free software I can download to read the xls sheets?

MS Excel Viewer - Free

YonlyME said: adnj said: I'm glad that this became a sticky. Green.

how does it become a sticky? :

You pm a mod and ask nicely.

thanks Man. I used the similar sheet last year. It was very useful. Thanks again for your efforts.

All I can say is WOW! Thanks for all that work, and yeah if there were a way we could get updates (like with google apps) that would be even better!

Awesome! I remember using one like this last year. Thanks!

Thanks so much for the effort. Let us know if there's anyway we can help to update!

Thanks. As a long time FWer, I find this spreadsheet very useful when sorting through tons of BF sales

Thank you again this year!!

Thanks for all your hard work. Even though I did not do any Black Friday shopping last year, this really helped me decide if it was worth it for me to get up early and fight the crowds. So, it helps even those who chose not take advantage of any BF deals. Who knows, maybe I'll find a BF deal that'll make me fight the crowds this year.

Open Office dot org will let you open the file for free.

Thanks for your hard work OP

Thanks a lot.

Thanks a lot! I too didn't buy anything last time but this file did help me sift through and decide....

Skipping 126 Messages...
11/28 - Another year is done and another Black Friday completed. I want to thank everyone for their kind comments over the past couple of weeks, my family and I really enjoy reading them. I hope that everyone had a safe and successful Black Friday experience this year. Happy Holidays to all and to all a safe and prosperous New Year.

Until next year,

akelnat

Statistics as of 11/27/2008 9:00pm:
Spreadsheet downloads - 201,584
Downloads in the past 24 hours - 40,798 or 1700 per hour
Visits to the donation site - 13,441

Thanks to the 52 individuals that have donated, it is much appreciated!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017