• filter:

Staples Rewards for Beginners

• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Me too, using Firefox under Windows 7. The link appears across 3 lines but the 2nd line is too long to fit on the screen and Firefox won't break it. If a sysop or Mathfaster were to delete the link, or using TinyURL or bit.ly to shorten it, the problem would probably go away (at least on my machine).

BTW I'm seeing hbg1's post as being on p34, and the offending link is on p33, so it's not an issue for me in that sense any more.

Thanks!
=aw

rated:
Alerted a Mod and appears fixed on my end.

rated:
For me too, thanks mods (and my previous post was the start of p35).

=aw

rated:
I'm a former plus member and decided to pay the $49 for 1 year of business plus. Figured I can make back the $49 in 2 1/2 months of being able to recycle 20 carts instead of 10.

The other benefit is special pricing on 5 items that you get to choose. I chose my items but in my cart I am still seeing the regular price. One online chat rep says the discount will come off after I place the order but I'm skeptical.

Anyone else with a business plus account that can comment?

rated:
I don't know the answer to your question, but amongst what items do you get to choose? And are you able to see the discount (I know you said you see regular price; I mean, is the discounted price mentioned anywhere, so you know what you *should* be paying)?

rated:
There are hundreds of items and there is a dedicated page which I only gained access to after adding the
membership. You choose the 5 items and can change it once every 90 days. On this "special" page it shows what the discounted price would be. To be honest most prices aren't any better than a sale but was just frustrated that it wont work.

rated:
Thank you!

rated:
I think I have Business Plus.  Just ordered a toner cartridge and the price was lower than regular.
Toner w/o BP was $82.99.  Logged in the price was $80.29.
I've received links to products that I can select as one of the 5 but its never anything I want, eg ink cartridges that are not ones I use.
When this screen first opens it shows a 3-4% price difference w/ BP.

rated:
In some ways $49/yr just to get the extra recycling is a better deal than spending $500/yr was.

=aw

rated:
Has Staples changed policies with dotcom returns in store that were purchased with rewards?

It's been a couple of years since I've done one but I recall getting the rewards back with a new expiration date. I ask because I have a bit of buyer's remorse on an item and may return it...

rated:
I purchased a cardboard shipping carton in store today.  Was surprised by the price.  Receipt shows a 40% discount.  IDK if that's because of Business Rewards Plus.  

rated:
Update: Now I am seeing the correct discounted prices for Business Plus but my account no longer shows as Business Plus and I am no longer getting free shipping for $25 and up (which I did a couple of days ago). Clearly they are working through bugs.

rated:
jmorgans said:   I'm a former plus member and decided to pay the $49 for 1 year of business plus. Figured I can make back the $49 in 2 1/2 months of being able to recycle 20 carts instead of 10.

The other benefit is special pricing on 5 items that you get to choose. I chose my items but in my cart I am still seeing the regular price. One online chat rep says the discount will come off after I place the order but I'm skeptical.

Anyone else with a business plus account that can comment?

Intro page for future reference:  https://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/memberships/business-rewards-plu...   

rated:
My rewards level says "Premier Platinum" on the website. In the app, it says PR6 Member. What does that mean? On the homepage, after I log in, it says "welcome to business rewards plus", and yes I see discounted prices for everything. I didn't do anything to join. How does being a business rewards plus member affect the rewards percentages? Does it include online purchases?

rated:
From what I've been able to gather the major difference between business rewards plus and regular premier rewards is that business rewards plus members get free next-day shipping on $25+ for orders placed by 5:00 pm local time. The special pricing on the 5 items IMO is neither here nor there, as you can still usually get lower prices by price-matching to Amazon or wherever. The 20 ink cartridge recycling is the same as premier.

rated:
I made 2 kiosk purchases in-store over the past 3 days.
The good news is that any kiosk purchases ship free - no minimum required.
The bad news is that apparently kiosk orders don't qualify for rewards. They're considered the same as online orders for rewards purposes.

rated:
gooddealie said:   I made 2 kiosk purchases in-store over the past 3 days.
The bad news is that apparently kiosk orders don't qualify for rewards. They're considered the same as online orders for rewards purposes.

Did you pay at register ?

rated:
597404 said:   

I have and no, buys did not appear for 5% rewards

rated:
597404 said:   

I definitely did pay at the register.
And the first purchase is showing up in my rewards summary, with the rewards amount listed as $0.00

I just got an email saying that my account has been "upgraded to a free trial of Staples Business Rewards Plus". Reading through the benefits of the program, a couple of things stood out.

1) The discount on most items is less than a dollar. Price-matching seems to be a much better deal.
2) There is no mention anywhere of any rewards percentage, either for items purchased in-store or online. Just the $2 recycling for 20 cartridges/month. It looks very much like there are no rewards being offered for any purchases anymore. At least for Staples Business Rewards Plus accounts. Has anyone seen anything indicating otherwise?

Edit: the reps on chat seem not to have any idea what the various new rewards levels include either.

rated:
gooddealie said:   2) There is no mention anywhere of any rewards percentage, either for items purchased in-store or online. Just the $2 recycling for 20 cartridges/month. It looks very much like there are no rewards being offered for any purchases anymore. At least for Staples Business Rewards Plus accounts. Has anyone seen anything indicating otherwise?

I don't know if this is the same rewards level, but a few years ago Staples automatically switched me to a business rewards category. I got cheaper prices on paper (more than a few pennies different) but it eliminated all percentage rewards. I requested to be able to earn rewards as usual and went back to normal after that, but I'm not sure if I'm still in that category or not.

rated:
hbg1 said:   
gooddealie said:   2) There is no mention anywhere of any rewards percentage, either for items purchased in-store or online. Just the $2 recycling for 20 cartridges/month. It looks very much like there are no rewards being offered for any purchases anymore. At least for Staples Business Rewards Plus accounts. Has anyone seen anything indicating otherwise?

I don't know if this is the same rewards level, but a few years ago Staples automatically switched me to a business rewards category. I got cheaper prices on paper (more than a few pennies different) but it eliminated all percentage rewards. I requested to be able to earn rewards as usual and went back to normal after that, but I'm not sure if I'm still in that category or not.

I resisted getting my account converted to a business account a few years ago too. I suspect I'm going to be telling them I don't want the "upgrade" to the business account again. It doesn't seem like much of an upgrade.

rated:
I was recently "upgraded" and received 40% off a shipping carton purchase (mentioned below).  
That's a better discount than 5% back in Rewards.
I don't earn much back in Rewards; usually just the $40 for ink recycling.
Needed a toner cartridge and received about an 8% discount on the price.  Paid with ink recycling reward check.
Having already met my spend for Premier I'm just rolling Rewards so wouldn't be earning 5%.

Having the discount means it takes longer to reach Premier but if you typically spend more than 1K/year you get there in the end.

rated:
Over a week since I signed up for BRP and they still haven't correctly updated my account. The first day after signing up I saw the page where you choose the discounted items and was able to get free shipping on $25 and up orders. Now both of these features are gone and my account shows base member.

Spoke to someone in "high level" customer service who promised to escalate the problem and still nothing. The majority of reps who answer the phone do not even know that BRP exists. Is anyone else having the same problem?

rated:
what's this?

rated:
grumble grumble
Staples gc are no longer an option for using Discover Cash Back.  When did that happen?

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   grumble grumble
Staples gc are no longer an option for using Discover Cash Back.  When did that happen?

Recently apparently. There have been a few posts over on SD about it.

rated:
Darn it, 2 months in a row now I forgot to take my 20 ink empties to Staples

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   Darn it, 2 months in a row now I forgot to take my 20 ink empties to Staples
  you, more than anyone are allowed to have a Senior Moment.

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   yesidonoitall said:   Darn it, 2 months in a row now I forgot to take my 20 ink empties to Staplesyou, more than anyone are allowed to have a Senior Moment. Sure, but is he allowed to have two Senior Moments?

rated:
I am 73

rated:
yes, we (well at least I) know.  That's why I said you were entitled.
I have cartridge recycling on my google calendar.  I receive reminder email the 3rd week of the month.

rated:
I'm sorry for this question, but I'm now very confused...if a person buys $30 ink/toner online, does the purchase qualify so that I may recycle cartridges? (example, a brother tn330 cartridge purchased online...i encoutnered some weird answer in that it doesn't count towards rewards, but i see on other places that as long as i buy ink/toner at store or online it would work...sigh)

rated:
VivYip said:   I'm sorry for this question, but I'm now very confused...if a person buys $30 ink/toner online, does the purchase qualify so that I may recycle cartridges? (example, a brother tn330 cartridge purchased online...i encoutnered some weird answer in that it doesn't count towards rewards, but i see on other places that as long as i buy ink/toner at store or online it would work...sigh)
  it counts for you to be able to recycle.  Doesn't matter if you buy B&M or online.

rated:
VivYip said:   I'm sorry for this question, but I'm now very confused...if a person buys $30 ink/toner online, does the purchase qualify so that I may recycle cartridges? (example, a brother tn330 cartridge purchased online...i encoutnered some weird answer in that it doesn't count towards rewards, but i see on other places that as long as i buy ink/toner at store or online it would work...sigh)
You might have read that online purchases no longer qualify for percentage back in Rewards under the Staples Rewards program. Fortunately, online purchases do count toward the purchase requirement for recycling or the purchase requirement for promotion to Premier.

rated:
Online acct says rewards were to be issued Sept 7. I did not get mine, did everyone get theirs?

rated:
scottvm said:   Online acct says rewards were to be issued Sept 7. I did not get mine, did everyone get theirs?

That date is wrong. Should be 9/14.

rated:
Looks like the website has been updated.

Incidentally has anybody been having trouble with their rewards account in-store? I recycled last week, put in my account # at the register on the PIN pad, selected e-mail receipt, it asks me to put in my e-mail address. Odd, but I punch it in. Receipt prints up, surprise, surprise...my account number isn't listed. No, the cashier didn't re-ring the transaction.I haven't been getting e-mail receipts in forever, either. Unsurprisingly my account does not show the transaction.

Staples' system is completely unreliable of late. Looks like I'll have to contact customer service to get credited for this month's recycling.

rated:
madcowdisease said:   Looks like the website has been updated.

Incidentally has anybody been having trouble with their rewards account in-store? I recycled last week, put in my account # at the register on the PIN pad, selected e-mail receipt, it asks me to put in my e-mail address. Odd, but I punch it in. Receipt prints up, surprise, surprise...my account number isn't listed. No, the cashier didn't re-ring the transaction.I haven't been getting e-mail receipts in forever, either. Unsurprisingly my account does not show the transaction.

Staples ' system is completely unreliable of late. Looks like I'll have to contact customer service to get credited for this month's recycling.

I have no suggestion for this incident. For the future it may help to have your Rewards Card in hand so the Cashier could scan it.  Just log in to your Rewards account and print your Rewards card.

rated:
madcowdisease said:   Looks like the website has been updated.

Staples ' system is completely unreliable of late. Looks like I'll have to contact customer service to get credited for this month's recycling.

YMMV, but their new "type your own phone number for rewards" system is not at all foolproof and for sure does not work if you have more than one account number that has been merged together.  Each time I tell the person 'Oh, I don't think my phone number will work this way' but they ask me to type it in and each time I ask 'Did that work' and they look and say, 'Oh, no, let me type it in'.  I don't know if they see the error before I ask, but I always ask.  After they type it in and confirm my name, I can get email receipts without problem.    

rated:
Staples GC is back on Discover, but at $30 for $25.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017