• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
A friend gave their email address yesterday (May 24) for the $10/$50 coupon. Code came today with expiry May 31. I think it used to be 2 weeks, which is what they were expecting, so I'm posting this in case it's a change. If it was always (or long) 1 weeks and not 2 weeks, sorry I thought it was 2.

=aw

rated:
Just got a rebate Visa card, and noticed that the rebate tracking number doesn't match any of the tracking numbers of the rebates I've submitted. Using the rebate look up, the tacking number that was on the letter with the Visa card attached isn't valid. I looked back at other current Easy rebates and noticed that the tracking numbers don't match either. Anyone else having this "problem"? Not a huge deal, but it does make bit more difficult to keep track of which rebates have been paid.

rated:
george2001 said:   Just got a rebate Visa card, and noticed that the rebate tracking number doesn't match any of the tracking numbers of the rebates I've submitted. Using the rebate look up, the tacking number that was on the letter with the Visa card attached isn't valid. I looked back at other current Easy rebates and noticed that the tracking numbers don't match either. Anyone else having this "problem"? Not a huge deal, but it does make bit more difficult to keep track of which rebates have been paid.
  Normal. Use rebateshq dot com to track rebates. Look at the detail for the match or look in the url for a specific rebate. Believe one of those will match.

rated:
For easier Staples rebate reconciliation, don't submit rebates more than once a day, especially with identical transactions. That way, you can use the rebate submission dates to match the different tracking numbers.

rated:
OK, I was offered an upgrade to premier gold status. The email I received and its links didn't suggest there was anything worthwhile to being Gold. However this page shows 15% back on ink and paper which would make it a good upgrade. This wasn't mentioned in my email, is that an old page? Anyone do the upgrade recently and found it to be beneficial?

rated:
JamesTKirk said:   OK, I was offered an upgrade to premier gold status. The email I received and its links didn't suggest there was anything worthwhile to being Gold. However this page shows 15% back on ink and paper which would make it a good upgrade. This wasn't mentioned in my email, is that an old page? Anyone do the upgrade recently and found it to be beneficial?
I do not know if different members receive different offers but my Rewards Premier Gold account (promoted without option in 2015) is:

• 10% off instantly on case and ream paper
  • 10% off Copy & Print

There used to be 10% off instantly on ink and toner as well but that was taken away with the advent of the 110% PM guarantee on ink and toner.

When it was 10% off instantly on ink and toner as well there were some decent ink and toner deals when combined with the 25% back in rewards offers. Without the ink and toner discount, I consider Premier Gold a demotion from Premier since there is no 5% in rewards back on qualifying purchases.

rated:
My actual email gold upgrade links to this offer. You can expand terms and conditions. 5% back like premier. 10% off on copy and print which is useless. Otherwise it seems the same as premier so not sure what the benefit is. On the other hand they don't seem to be taking anything away from premier status so maybe trying it wouldn't hurt.

rated:
Anyone else notice purchases missing from the purchase detail part of the site between say 6/17-6/20?

rated:
trudi said:   Anyone else notice purchases missing from the purchase detail part of the site between say 6/17-6/20?
Several posters over on SD including myself. My missing purchase is from 06/18.

rated:
trudi said:   Anyone else notice purchases missing from the purchase detail part of the site between say 6/17-6/20?
  Its been that way since the week of May22.
I have stuff shipped to various places and the only way I've been able to track is by seeing if the rebate info is in system.

rated:
Anyone else have their rewards stolen lately? Just logged in and noticed my $40 ink rewards, $40 courtesy coupon (from previous month's ink rewards not properly issued), and $5 monthly rewards were used in Fall River, MA on 6/12.

I use a strong auto-generated password not used elsewhere. Just changed it. 

Just checked the purchase history. Looks like they bought an iPad mini. I'm guessing I need a new rewards number, AGAIN. 

rated:
metsfan said:   Anyone else have their rewards stolen lately? Just logged in and noticed my $40 ink rewards, $40 courtesy coupon (from previous month's ink rewards not properly issued), and $5 monthly rewards were used in Fall River, MA on 6/12.

Just checked the purchase history. Looks like they bought an iPad mini. I'm guessing I need a new rewards number, AGAIN. 

Well could have been 2 things. The mail out screw up and once in awhile I'll log in and be in another person's Rewards account so no password needed. Hopefully, this is not like the old days of rampant theft.

rated:
mathfaster said:   
metsfan said:   Anyone else have their rewards stolen lately? Just logged in and noticed my $40 ink rewards, $40 courtesy coupon (from previous month's ink rewards not properly issued), and $5 monthly rewards were used in Fall River, MA on 6/12.

Well could have been 2 things. The mail out screw up and once in awhile I'll log in and be in another person's Rewards account so no password needed. Hopefully, this is not like the old days of rampant theft.

Hopefully. Looking at the transaction, though, it was $299.99 and they used $262 in total coupons. Mine were only $85, and I can't think of any way to get the coupons that high without using someone else's rewards, too. But hopefully it's not like the old days.

rated:
I think it's incorrect

rated:
I know there was discussion of this  a few years ago, but this thread is very long, and I didn't read all 1000+ posts.

I'm getting close to needing to purchase more ink to continue qualifying for ink rewards.  Has anyone had any experience with whether using rewards to purchase ink qualifies?  I'd hate to "waste" rewards on an ink purchase if that purchase doesn't get me another 180 days.

rated:
george2001 said:   I know there was discussion of this  a few years ago, but this thread is very long, and I didn't read all 1000+ posts.

I'm getting close to needing to purchase more ink to continue qualifying for ink rewards.  Has anyone had any experience with whether using rewards to purchase ink qualifies?  I'd hate to "waste" rewards on an ink purchase if that purchase doesn't get me another 180 days.

You can use Rewards/coupons to purchase ink as long as your net spend (real hard cash OOP) AFTER any Rewards/coupons is >= $30.00. Has been ever thus since day 1 of when this was implemented. Go below $30 on your net spend and no ink rewards for you when recycling empty carts. Nothing has changed.

rated:
mathfaster said:   
george2001 said:   I know there was discussion of this  a few years ago, but this thread is very long, and I didn't read all 1000+ posts.

You can use Rewards/coupons to purchase ink as long as your net spend (real hard cash OOP) AFTER any Rewards/coupons is >= $30.00. Has been ever thus since day 1 of when this was implemented. Go below $30 on your net spend and no ink rewards for you when recycling empty carts. Nothing has changed.

Thank you.

rated:
I received a $5/$5 cash register receipt coupon that says its for "regular priced purchase".  I know it will work on clearance stuff but will it work eg on a ream of Hammermill paper?
I know that I would not be able to use the $1 coupon for the paper itself but I'd still end up ahead $4, right?
Are the school supplies eg spiral notebooks, filler paper, etc considered regular price?  I'm thinking that they are not.

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   I received a $5/$5 cash register receipt coupon that says its for "regular priced purchase".  I know it will work on clearance stuff but will it work eg on a ream of Hammermill paper?
I know that I would not be able to use the $1 coupon for the paper itself but I'd still end up ahead $4, right?
Are the school supplies eg spiral notebooks, filler paper, etc considered regular price?  I'm thinking that they are not.

AFAIK "regular priced" excludes anything with rebates and/or a discount from normal price. Anything flagged with an "*" on the receipt is a promotional item and I assume is not regular priced. Maybe someone who did buy BTS items can check their receipts. Didn't buy any of that yesterday but did pick up some free light bulbs with a $10/$50 and reams yesterday

rated:
mathfaster said:   free light bulbs with a $10/$50 .....

local clearance?

rated:
3c3 said:   
mathfaster said:   free light bulbs with a $10/$50 .....

local clearance?

No. Just cheap given 4 MP reams and 1 HM ream with coupon and $10/$50 and the light bulbs and bought with Rewards. Basically any filler was cheap/free with the $10/$50 the way this transaction was structured.

rated:
So it looks like my rewards were stolen because there was another Staples. com account associated with my rewards number. Not sure how that happens, but whoever did it used "metsfan" in the email address to make it look like me, too. (I have "metsfan" in the email address I use for my own Staples. com account.) Staples has locked that account, and now they are investigating that purchase (and my account?) before they reissue my $85 in rewards. I hope all my coupon use doesn't cause a problem. I think part of the reason they're investigating now is also that whoever did this used someone else's rewards in the same purchase, as well.

But now I'm off to Staples to buy paper and bring in my ink recycling!

rated:
Answering my own question from below.  School supplies are not "regularly priced" items as suspected.
I had $5/$5 CRT and bought school supplies and a $7 item.
 "Lost" $1 when the $7 item rang up for $4 so coupon only deducted $4.

I had to contact Rewards about another matter and asked about next month's Rewards checks.
With 25% back x 2 they're going to be large.
CSR said Rewards for >$100 are broken into $40 and $50 checks.

rated:
ugggh.  Rewards check came as one large check, not in $40 & $50 amts. 

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   ugggh.  Rewards check came as one large check, not in $40 & $50 amts. 
Did you also receive a Rewards certificate for recycling rewards?

rated:
bpvh said:   
my4mainecoons said:   ugggh.  Rewards check came as one large check, not in $40 & $50 amts. 

yes.  Two checks. 
One for ink and one for purchases but I specifically called Rewards to ask about large amounts and was told they would be split into smaller amounts.
I would have done things differently if I'd known they were not going to do that.  A $200 Reward is hard to use in 2 purchases.
I called Rewards.  CSR can't do anything.  Got a Supervisor who "as a one time" courtesy broke the $200 into smaller checks for me.
Supervisor said I should never have been told that they would break it down.
Geez.  If you can't believe CS why have them fielding questions?

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   
bpvh said:   

yes.  Two checks. 
One for ink and one for purchases but I specifically called Rewards to ask about large amounts and was told they would be split into smaller amounts.
I would have done things differently if I'd known they were not going to do that.  A $200 Reward is hard to use in 2 purchases.
I called Rewards.  CSR can't do anything.  Got a Supervisor who "as a one time" courtesy broke the $200 into smaller checks for me.
Supervisor said I should never have been told that they would break it down.
Geez.  If you can't believe CS why have them fielding questions?

I do not recall ever receiving more than two Rewards Certificates. For those who recycle, it's one for recycling and one for purchases. I believe that if there were no recycling rewards the purchase rewards would be paid out in two Rewards Certificates. Some one who does not recycle would have to confirm that though.

Good that the supervisor came through for you.

rated:
I got 3 checks not that long ago.  In hindsight it was because of double ink recycling or something;  a special promotion.
IMO bonus Rewards are a special promotion so I don't know why they couldn't be a separate check.
I suppose for the average shopper the bonus doesn't add up to quite as much so there's no reason to do it.

rated:
nice share. thanks.

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   I got 3 checks not that long ago.  In hindsight it was because of double ink recycling or something;  a special promotion.
IMO bonus Rewards are a special promotion so I don't know why they couldn't be a separate check.
I suppose for the average shopper the bonus doesn't add up to quite as much so there's no reason to do it.

It might have been because they missed a month with ink rewards, and paid them out the following month.   

rated:
metsfan said:   So it looks like my rewards were stolen because there was another Staples. com account associated with my rewards number. Not sure how that happens, but whoever did it used "metsfan" in the email address to make it look like me, too. (I have "metsfan" in the email address I use for my own Staples. com account.) Staples has locked that account, and now they are investigating that purchase (and my account?) before they reissue my $85 in rewards. I hope all my coupon use doesn't cause a problem. I think part of the reason they're investigating now is also that whoever did this used someone else's rewards in the same purchase, as well.

But now I'm off to Staples to buy paper and bring in my ink recycling!

Well, this did not have a happy resolution. $85 in rewards not returned to me. Of course, I paid about $5 for those ink cartridges, and Staples has started sending me a bunch of $25 off $75s recently, so I'm just gonna let this one go.  

rated:
Just a word of advice to be careful when using the Gold/Premier Copy and Print reward when purchasing other items with coupons. I used the 15% off any regular priced item coupon today and was surprised that it applied to my copy and print order rather than the other thing I was buying, leaving more on the copy & print coupon than I had intended. The difference was only a couple bucks, so I'm not getting worked up over it, but if I could do it over again I would have done separate transactions.

rated:
Word of warning to my fellow FW members. Use it or lose it. Never feel bad about stacking Staples Rewards. These rewards are earned, not free. There was a period of 3 months when I did not earn any rewards in my account due to a glitch with their computers.

They had this promotion in the store which mandated you put ink in some garbage bag and get 20% off. For my spouse, they gave her the bag and took 20% off. Sub-Total was about $30.36. For me, I was charged .99 cents for that bag and they removed the charge for that bag like a coupon of some sort. My Sub-total was still $30.36.

This coupon caused a glitch in my account. The account was showing, "YOU ARE GOOD TO EARN REWARDS THROUGH 8/2016." However, something internal didn't count that my total was over $30 because of this 99 cent garbage eco bag. They kept reassuring me that my account was fine and to go recycle toners and had to re-issue me rewards manually for 3 months.

Then I figured out myself that there was a glitch in my account caused by this dumb bag and I rebought $37 worth of ink.  Things were finally OK.  Then I lost track of one of the rewards because they put an odd expiration date on it of 8/9 instead of the end of the month.  I ask for a ONE-TIME courtesy reissue and was hit with a backhand.  The most aggressive stance by Staples Rewards ever.  Kept going on like a broken record and actually stop replying to my emails.  They claim they cannot reissue because my account has had the MAXIMUM amount of courtesy coupons reissued and I do not get anymore ever.

They did not listen about the glitch and counted that against me and still claim it counted as a re-issue and I reached the limit.  Also they claimed there were no glitches with my account.  I called the office of the president and that did not good.  The CSR there kept repeating over and over that my account reached the last re-issue and furthermore kept trying to get me off the phone and hung up.  I told her that I will just keep calling everyday until this is resolved and she said she will note my account and will let EVERYTHING know in her department about me.

I called back and got the same message but finally I had it.  I buy a lot of stuff from them to be treated this way is unacceptable.  I started getting aggressive and they excuse was, "hey you have two other rewards in your account you can still use."  No way they are going to re-issue because I reached the limit.  Then I overhear her whispering and talking to the previous CSR and I called her out and demanded to speak to a manager.  At first, she said there are a lot of people here so it's background noise.  I say BS, get me your manager for this unprofessional behavior and I will not stop until I reached the top over this.

Check my account and you will see I bought a lot from you and I will go to Costco and do it just to make a point.  Then things changed and she agreed to research.  They called my wife back the same day and tell them they will give me the LAST official reissue but my account is now noted.  These two groups used to be much friendlier in the past but something changed where they are now inflexible.

rated:
metsfan said:   
metsfan said:   So it looks like my rewards were stolen because there was another Staples. com account associated with my rewards number. Not sure how that happens, but whoever did it used "metsfan" in the email address to make it look like me, too. (I have "metsfan" in the email address I use for my own Staples. com account.) Staples has locked that account, and now they are investigating that purchase (and my account?) before they reissue my $85 in rewards. I hope all my coupon use doesn't cause a problem. I think part of the reason they're investigating now is also that whoever did this used someone else's rewards in the same purchase, as well.

Well, this did not have a happy resolution. $85 in rewards not returned to me. Of course, I paid about $5 for those ink cartridges, and Staples has started sending me a bunch of $25 off $75s recently, so I'm just gonna let this one go.  

Don't believe their garbage.  Their system has a lot of holes in this.  Someone was able to use a reward from my wife's account at a store 200 miles away from our house.  Called BS on them and they re-issued without a problem.  We even got a copy of the receipt and saw what the person bought.  Her rewards number and that reward in her account.

So they can look at the last order and see where $85 was redeemed by METSFAN and certainly it's not a store you shopped at or an address you used for the shipment.  Furthermore, there is credit card information, etc. All internal theft.  Don't back down.  For my issue, I even asked if they can send my a $20 off coupon and I will walk away, have them add 20 toners to my account, OR split the loss and take a $20 reward.  Got shot down until i started getting ticked off and aggressive.

rated:
DayTrader said:   
metsfan said:   

Well, this did not have a happy resolution. $85 in rewards not returned to me. Of course, I paid about $5 for those ink cartridges, and Staples has started sending me a bunch of $25 off $75s recently, so I'm just gonna let this one go.  

Don't believe their garbage.  Their system has a lot of holes in this.  Someone was able to use a reward from my wife's account at a store 200 miles away from our house.  Called BS on them and they re-issued without a problem.  We even got a copy of the receipt and saw what the person bought.  Her rewards number and that reward in her account.

So they can look at the last order and see where $85 was redeemed by METSFAN and certainly it's not a store you shopped at or an address you used for the shipment.  Furthermore, there is credit card information, etc. All internal theft.  Don't back down.  For my issue, I even asked if they can send my a $20 off coupon and I will walk away, have them add 20 toners to my account, OR split the loss and take a $20 reward.  Got shot down until i started getting ticked off and aggressive.

They saw all that. I know what they bought. I know where they bought it. All that shows up in my rewards account online. They still claim it was a "legitimate purchase" even though they also acknowledged that someone had unauthorized access to my account. Mainly, it's not worth my time on the phone for $85 in rewards that I only paid ~$5 for when I continue to get $40 every month. (And they've shut down the account that had unauthorized access to my rewards.) This isn't the first time I've had my rewards stolen, but it is the first time it wasn't easy to get them back. I don't really care... I also have around 15 $25 off $75 coupons sitting in my email, so that easily makes up for it.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016