• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
So they do or don't track purchases/returns made with cash or credit card?

I noticed WalMart now has signs on their registers stating that they use a 3rd party to track returns. TRE?

rated:
They track all purchases. They only allow multiple CC returns because that can lead to a chargeback situation and that costs HD more than anything else.

Refused a Gift Card return? Boohoo, call corporate.
Refused a Cash return? Boohoo , call corporate

Refused a Credit Card Return? Oh look HD, you now have a $35 Chargeback fee on those $1.99 gloves you sold that customer. Have fun!

rated:
Has anyone been able to do a return without supplying a drivers license?  Seems illegal to require one, or any ID, for a return. What if you don't have a DL?

rated:
Slickone said:   Has anyone been able to do a return without supplying a drivers license?  Seems illegal to require one, or any ID, for a return. What if you don't have a DL?
 A free state photo ID card would probably also work.

Why do you think it's illegal to require an ID for a return? Some retailers don't allow any returns at all.

rated:
jayK said:   Slickone said:   Has anyone been able to do a return without supplying a drivers license?  Seems illegal to require one, or any ID, for a return. What if you don't have a DL?
 A free state photo ID card would probably also work.

Why do you think it's illegal to require an ID for a return? Some retailers don't allow any returns at all.

I don't disagree, but where do you live that state IDs are free?

rated:
OK, maybe not free...the cost for a CA state ID is $28, if you are eligible for public assistance the fee is reduced to $8, and there's no charge for seniors. It looks like some states have free ID cards, some don't.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/dl/fees/idCard_fees

rated:
Slickone said:   Has anyone been able to do a return without supplying a drivers license?  What if you don't have a DL?

Modified.

rated:
jayK said:    Some retailers don't allow any returns at all.
  Which?

FYI, HD's return policy doesn't mention requiring an ID for returns that were purchased with case or CC, only "We require a valid ID for non-receipted returns and returns generated from purchases made with store credits. The Home Depot uses a refund verification system. All returns are subject to system approval "
http://www.homedepot.com/c/Return_Policy

If a store didn't allow any returns at all, it would be stated in their policy.

rated:
Slickone said:   
  Which?

Any retailer that has "all sales final" as a displayed return policy. In some cases seasonal merchandise may not be returnable, e.g. Halloween items after Oct 31.

In CA the minimum expectation is that items are returnable within 7 days with proof of purchase (no mention of requiring ID). Exceptions to this must be posted.
http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/legal_guides/s-6.shtml

rated:
It just happens that yesterday I stopped by my local driver licensing office and obtained the GA ID card.
And what do you know - it has the same number as my driver's license!
I wasted $20 but share it with you to save you yours.

rated:
jayK said:   
Slickone said:   
  Which?

Any retailer that has "all sales final" as a displayed return policy. In some cases seasonal merchandise may not be returnable, e.g. Halloween items after Oct 31.

In CA the minimum expectation is that items are returnable within 7 days with proof of purchase (no mention of requiring ID). Exceptions to this must be posted.
http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/legal_guides/s-6.shtml

Obviously. I wanted specific stores. I don't know of any.

I got a cash refund from HD today without showing my license. Have done so a couple other times in the past year too.

rated:
If they gave you cash that means that you paid with cash. cash is no problem in this context.

rated:
My local HD has a sign posted on the door stating that as of June 2016 HD will no longer allow store credits to be redeemed online. FYI

rated:
I do a lot of projects and every time I finish a few I empty garage and return all items without receipt to HD, I never had any issues until this last time I was denied. I wounder for how long I will be denied?
Does anyone have any idea?
I have a lot of parts to return for store credit.

rated:
Thank you HD When they denied return i went to Menard's and...find better prices and more selection.I purchased only in HD and now when they turn to assholes they help me to find better place to shop...Hope it is beginning soon -titanic will sink .When they find it was wrong will to late .People find better place to shop. goodbye hd it was nice to shop in yours store

rated:
crhptic said:   My local HD has a sign posted on the door stating that as of June 2016 HD will no longer allow store credits to be redeemed online. FYI

4 months later and this is holding up to be true. I just tried to use two of my store credit issued cards for an online order and I was denied using the said cards. What's sad is that on the back of both store credit issued cards state that it can be used at HomeDepot.com. Luckily, there's not going to be much fuss from me as I was doing an in-store pick up. The Home Depot is nearby and has the item in stock.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016