Sears 12AMP Blower recall

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
A while ago i missed that one but other might have picked one up. Today i saw that recall at Sears while picking up some else.
http://i68.tinypic.com/11jc6m1.jpg

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Blower recalled, fondly.

All blowers should be recalled and outlawed. I have a neighbor behind me that has a lawn service that comes once a week and runs the blower for 45 minutes. Then I have the ahole across the street that runs it for over an hour to an hour and a half blowing on his dirt yard. Just because you own a house doesn't mean you can make all sorts of noise in your yard.

^ know what you mean. The noise of summer. Used to be birds, now it's the blower and lawnmower.

I also look carefully and the blower doesn't work that well. It works great on smooth surface like concrete where the debris doesn't have anything to hang on. Also those blowers they don't pick up, they just blow it to your side and let it become your problem.

Facepalm1 said:   All blowers should be recalled and outlawed. I have a neighbor behind me that has a lawn service that comes once a week and runs the blower for 45 minutes. Then I have the ahole across the street that runs it for over an hour to an hour and a half blowing on his dirt yard. Just because you own a house doesn't mean you can make all sorts of noise in your yard.
  Be happy you don't live in my neighborhood. The guy across the street has every piece of power equipment imaginable and he has a small backhoe, a chipper, and has access to a gas powered lift. He uses the backhoe bucket as a wheelbarrow and keeps it running while shoveling stuff in and out of it. He bought some property behind his house and his two neighbors and last spring, summer and fall spent every night after work and every Saturday and Sunday cutting trees down, with his chainsaw and then into stove lengths and then splitting them with his gas powered splitter.  What was too small to burn, he chipped them with his gas powered chipper. He used the lift to paint his house a few years ago. I could see using it for the peaks and the second floor, but he used it for the first floor and never used even a step ladder. All the time it was just running. He even had a visitor who was trying to teach his stepson's girlfriend to drive and she drove across the street and hit our house. Her toddler was in the pickup with her. When I asked the neighbor what he was going to do about it, he said that she had nothing to do with him and he would be doing nothing about it. There are more stories about this guy, but you can get the picture. 
Then we have another neighbor who has two houses on his property and he has decided to tear one of them down piece by piece. Right now the attic and the second floor are gone into a dumpster. There's a third guy who took down a tree by himself over the course of two weeks. Now he's cutting it into burning lengths and chipping the small stuff. 
We also have the lawn services folks for the second home owners who are only here on the weekends, there must be at least a half dozen within earshot. 

Thanks for this, info was on SD months ago but this can help someone get there money back. Bought it from a fatwallet deal notice got my 3% back then , they pay back only the price you paid for it , just got my return shipping label and shipped back my blower that died 2 years ago, glad I did not toss it out. $65.00 might be tops paid out.. paid over $50 waiting for $50+tx check in the mail..

Thank you for posting this recall and for caring about the safety of others.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017