• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:

Posted with ToGo

http://concerts.livenation.com/microsite/settlement 

Welcome to the Schlesinger v. Ticketmaster Dedicated Ticket Information Site.

You may have recently received an email regarding the Schlesinger v. Ticketmaster Class Action Settlement because you are a Class Member who may be entitled to Ticket Codes as part of the Settlement. Once Ticket Codes are made available to you in your Ticketmaster account, you may attempt to use your Ticket Codes to claim “free tickets” identified as available for redemption on this website. These “free tickets” are available on a first-come, first-served basis and may not be available for redemption if others have claimed them before you.
Class Members who made purchase transactions on www.ticketmaster.com between October 21, 1999 and February 27, 2013, should anticipate receiving, on or around June 18, 2016, at least one Ticket Code redeemable for two tickets for General Admission seating at designated concert events at Live Nation owned or operated venues, subject to availability and limitations.
For a list of guidelines regarding using your Ticket Code(s), please visit the official Settlement Website, http://www.ticketfeelitigation.com/faq#Q18
If you are interested in using your Ticket Code(s) towards the purchase of event tickets, first retrieve your ticket codes by logging on to https://www.ticketmaster.com/member/vouchers
Once you have your Ticket Code(s) ready, select an event from the list of eligible events displayed on this website and proceed through the purchase process.
On the Billing Page during your transaction, look for a “Voucher Code” link and enter your Ticket Code to receive your discount(s).If you have lost or misplaced your Ticketmaster login name and/or password, please use the “Forgot password?” link to reset your password from https://www.ticketmaster.com/member/
This website displays the list of eligible events for which Ticket Codes may be used. Please note that the list of eligible events will be periodically updated.
To receive periodic notifications by email when new events become available, please sign up here to receive notice.
Please note that by signing up for the subscription service you are merely receiving information about new events periodically. You are not signing up to receive tickets and you are not guaranteeing yourself any ticket to any event. 

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
That is whaI was trying to do, but could only get tickets to really crappy bands. I did notice that in the only voucher ... (more)

MilleniumBuc (Jul. 01, 2016 @ 12:12a) |

When I look every single event across the entire United States says "Voucher Sold Out for this Event".

cameron2003 (Jul. 04, 2016 @ 2:17p) |

Thank you Dr. Laura for suing.

greling (Jul. 12, 2016 @ 11:18a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I don't know if this is related, but I loved getting convenience charges for years from Tickemaster/Live Nation. I live next door to the venue and would show to try to buy concert tickets there, but there was no one at the window. I would then call the box office and they would say that I need to buy from Tickemaster/Live Nation. I would go online and there would be a 25%+ upcharge "convenience fee" to buy tickets after I've already shown up at the venue to try to buy tickets directly. I'm pretty stubborn, and I'm not going to buy tickets to a show with a tacked-on "convenience fee" if I've already done the leg-work to avoid having to pay the fee.

rated:
I got the same email, but none of links listed seem to have any information yet. Anyone know if there will be any worth-while events? Knowing Ticketmaster, there will be 2 concerts in Iowa and 16 tickets available for the 5M class members.

rated:
Ticketmaster is a monopoly. If the courts really wanted justice. The public have the options of purchasing tickets at the venue well in advance of the performance. Without competition the public gets screwed.

rated:
Darrone said:   I got the same email, but none of links listed seem to have any information yet. Anyone know if there will be any worth-while events? Knowing Ticketmaster, there will be 2 concerts in Iowa and 16 tickets available for the 5M class members.
  And both concerts will be Nickelback!

rated:
The settlement is:
A discount code for each Ticketmaster purchase you made between Oct. 21, 1999, and Feb. 27, 2013 ($2.25 off future purchases)
A UPS discount code for each Ticketmaster purchase you had shipped with UPS in that time period (worth $5 off future purchases)
A ticket code for each of those purchases, redeemable for two free tickets to concerts at venues operated by Live Nation (which bought Ticketmaster in 2009)—if, that is, class members don’t redeem enough discount codes

rated:
tickets discounts and voucher codes are now available at: https://www.ticketmaster.com/member/vouchers

I got 2 ticket voucher codes (free tickets). And 2 discounts of $2.25... I'll take it.

rated:
Um, no events are listed for the voucher codes. . .thanks a bunch, Ticketmaster

rated:
On my ticketbastard vouchers page, I'm getting this message: We are currently experiencing difficulties. Please check back again at a later time. Can't say I'm surprised.

rated:
Sweet. 8 pair of tickets and 8 discounts. All those Disney on Ice tickets paid off.

rated:
No codes In my accounts.

Anyone else still waiting?

rated:
pedagogue35 said:   No codes In my accounts.

Anyone else still waiting?

Is your original Ticketmaster account under an old email address?

I thought I updated my email address on the class action form, but my vouchers were on an old email.

rated:
Update: Now I have been able to see a list of code types in my account like "Discount Code" and "Free Ticket Code", but there is no actual code in the column.  
Type of code Details Code Amount Expiration Date
Discount Code Use this code to receive a discount on any ticket purchase.   $2.25 2020-06-18

rated:
Update: now I can see the codes, and the events are posted at the livenation link, but my free ticket code vouchers are gone from my Ticketmaster account.

What's hilarious is due to inflation of fees, you are still paying more today in junk fees than when the claim tickets were purchased over the years.

rated:
outtawhack said:   Update: now I can see the codes, and the events are posted at the livenation link, but my free ticket code vouchers are gone from my Ticketmaster account.

What's hilarious is due to inflation of fees, you are still paying more today in junk fees than when the claim tickets were purchased over the years.

At present we’re experiencing overwhelming load to our systems.Please sign up to receive periodic notifications by email. Thanks for your patience, we’ll be in touch as soon as possible.For more information, please visit http://www.ticketfeelitigation.com/faq#Q18 – Ticket Fee Litigation site 

rated:
Another cruel joke from Ticketshyster. I tried using different voucher codes for GA (lawn) tickets to several shows on the list provided, but all attempts said that the voucher could not be used for that ticket. No other reason was given, just "nope".

rated:
anyone able to get the voucher to work? I purchased tix using the voucher and it seemed to work but I can't view or print my tickets.

rated:
cb35 said:   anyone able to get the voucher to work? I purchased tix using the voucher and it seemed to work but I can't view or print my tickets.
  I was able to use 2 of them, but I can't see or print my tickets either. 

rated:
mikenmar2 said:   
Darrone said:   I got the same email, but none of links listed seem to have any information yet. Anyone know if there will be any worth-while events? Knowing Ticketmaster, there will be 2 concerts in Iowa and 16 tickets available for the 5M class members.
  And both concerts will be Nickelback!

Nothing close to Iowa.  Closest concerts to me are 200 plus miles away.  It's one thing to travel that far to see Rush, Prince, or Bowie from the 6th row, quite another to see ho hum (at best) bands on the GA lawn.  ugh.  Hope this gets better before 2020.

rated:
Dammit, I made Ticketmaster a lot of money. 11 discounts and 11 ticket codes. How am I supposed to use them all by May 2017.

rated:
MilleniumBuc said:   Dammit, I made Ticketmaster a lot of money. 11 discounts and 11 ticket codes. How am I supposed to use them all by May 2017.
  I see they added cover bands that generally you can see for free. 

rated:
urbanmonkey said:   MilleniumBuc said:   Dammit, I made Ticketmaster a lot of money. 11 discounts and 11 ticket codes. How am I supposed to use them all by May 2017.
  I see they added cover bands that generally you can see for free. 

Yeah, I had to pick Pearl Jamz.

Any other known artist in any city has no availability or it tells me there are problems when trying to use the voucher. What a ripoff.

At least the discount ones can be stacked. A whole $24.75 discount for 11 codes.

rated:
WSJ had a report about the dissatisfied customers and their choice of tickets. (search in google the title of the article)

http://www.wsj.com/articles/ticketmaster-vouchers-get-panned-by-some-fans-1466808776 

Ticketmaster Vouchers Get Panned by Some Fans
Class-action settlement offers discounts for limited choice of events, including past-their-prime bands

By HANNAH KARP
June 24, 2016 6:52 p.m. ET
11 COMMENTS
Thanks to a legal settlement involving Live Nation Entertainment Inc.’s Ticketmaster unit, some 50 million fans were recently notified they had received vouchers for concert tickets as part of a class-action lawsuit.

But for some of the recipients there may be no such thing as a free ticket—at least for the shows or seats they really want.

The 2003 lawsuit, filed in a California state court, alleged that Ticketmaster ’s descriptions of various fees, ostensibly for delivery and order processing, were deceptive. Ticketmaster disputed the allegations but settled in 2013, offering the vouchers to people who had bought concert tickets between 1999 and 2013. Some of the vouchers offer discounts; others are supposed to be good for free tickets.

The vouchers are redeemable only for general-admission seats at venues that Live Nation owns or operates—and the company doesn’t own arenas such as New York’s Madison Square Garden or the Forum in Los Angeles, where many superstar artists play. There are also limits on how many fans can use vouchers at a given show.

Most of Live Nation ’s large venues are amphitheaters, which typically are partially covered but open on the sides and are considered a bit dated by the concert industry since they generally lack amenities such as luxury boxes.

On Twitter, some fans expressed thanks for the coupons; however, one fan complained that there appeared to be only one eligible show in Chicago, while many others made fun of some of the past-their-prime bands they could see with their vouchers.

By Friday Ticketmaster had made tickets available at many more venues other than its amphitheaters and its chain of House of Blues clubs. In Los Angeles, for example, it made shows available to voucher users at all the clubs it owns, including the Hollywood Palladium and the Wiltern. Many of the big shows around the country eligible for voucher use, such as Steely Dan and Daryl Hall & John Oates, had sold out of voucher seats as of Friday morning. But such tickets were still available to see acts such as pop star Gwen Stefani, rapper Snoop Dogg and rock band The Counting Crows.

Some of the frustration with the vouchers reflects the angst fans generally feel when they discover that shows they want to attend have quickly sold out. In such cases fans often vent toward Ticketmaster. Demand for tickets is amplified by ticket scalpers snapping up seats, sometimes with the help of specialized software. Also crimping access, promoters rarely release all of the good tickets for sale immediately, reserving some for the artist and other VIP guests.

Also adding to the week’s frustration were technical difficulties. Ticketmaster said on its blog this week that it was experiencing “unprecedented demand for information” and “extremely high call volumes.” The overload caused some vouchers to disappear from fans’ accounts, while preventing others from seeing whether they had vouchers in their accounts.

By Wednesday, nearly all of the $5 million in tickets initially made eligible for voucher use had been redeemed, and Ticketmaster said that it would make another $5 million in tickets eligible through May 2017 so that more members of the class-action lawsuit could cash in. Under the settlement, which was approved last year, Ticketmaster must pay out $42 million over the next four years.

The case began when Curt Schlesinger, a marketing consultant and former sporting-goods executive, purchased four tickets in July 2003 on Ticketmaster to see the alt-rock band Wilco play in Chicago that September. Mr. Schlesinger elected the $19.95 option for delivery within two business days, believing that price was the full cost charged by UPS. Had he known that at least $3 of the delivery fee had been pocketed by Ticketmaster, he would have chosen a different delivery option, according to the complaint. The cost charged by UPS was much less than $16.35, the complaint said.

Other ticket buyers with similar experiences joined the suit, saying they would have chosen not to pay the “order processing” fee had they known that the fee was a profit center for Ticketmaster —and, indeed, would have purchased their tickets elsewhere if they could. As additional customers and attorneys jumped in, the case received class-action status in 2010.

Ticketmaster vigorously disputed the charges but eventually decided to settle in 2013, agreeing to pay the plaintiffs’ lawyers $15 million and the plaintiffs a total of $40,000, according to the settlement.

The vouchers are providing comic relief.  Late-night TV host Stephen Colbert tweeted this week: “Excited to learn that Stephen: The Language of Dance is among the free Ticketmaster settlement concerts. Come out and see me sparkle!”

rated:
I was able to get some free tickets, but not showing any more available.

rated:
Anyone interested in a discussion on how to make the most money out of the vouchers? I received the maximum number of ticket vouchers (17) and am trying to figure out how to maximize the pay out since so few of the concerts that interest me are within a reasonable distance of where I live. My current approach is to look at the list of eligible events and then check Stub Hub for the highest resale values. Then buy the tickets with the PDF/e-ticket option and list them on Stub Hub. Ticketmaster's resale system wouldn't allow me to list the tickets for less than what they were selling them for, so that defeated the purpose of selling them there. Stubhub takes a couple bucks off the top on each ticket but it's better than the eBay fees. Anyone else chime in?

rated:
That is whaI was trying to do, but could only get tickets to really crappy bands. I did notice that in the only voucher I used, I got a $5 off any purchase on Live Nation. If that can also be combined with the other discount codes, then the vouchers are worth $5 minimum, if you get that email every time you use a voucher.

rated:
When I look every single event across the entire United States says "Voucher Sold Out for this Event".

rated:
Thank you Dr. Laura for suing.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016