• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
XHose Litigation Settlement 

Bergman et al. v. DAP Products Inc. et al. Case No. 14-cv-03205-RDB

The proposed settlement resolves a class action lawsuit (the “Action”) relating to Defendants’ products called the XHose, XHose Pro, and XHose Pro Extreme (collectively the “Covered Products”). The Action is called Bergman et al. v. DAP Products Inc. et al., and it is pending in the United States District Court for the District of Maryland, Court Case No. 14-cv-03205-RDB. The Action alleges that some of the advertisements for the Covered Products were false and misleading, that the Covered Products are defective, and that Defendants have breached express and implied warranties for the Covered Products. Defendants deny all allegations of wrongdoing and liability asserted in the Action. The Court has made no determination that any of the allegations are true, and has made no finding of liability or wrongdoing.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
lots of folks got hosed on this one

rated:
I bought one several years ago and threw it away after it broke. The claim form wants the model number and the color of the hose. Unfortunately I don't remember those details from 2013, does anyone remember what hose they purchased from WalMart and the color.

rated:
linuspb said:   I bought one several years ago and threw it away after it broke. The claim form wants the model number and the color of the hose. Unfortunately I don't remember those details from 2013, does anyone remember what hose they purchased from WalMart and the color.

I bought one of these also, from some retail store.  It never worked.

rated:
we bought the x-hose BIG Boss model.use about 5 times last year and stored it. This summer brought it out and the third time we used it, the hose split. Going bask to the rubber hose until the claim is settled. What a piece of rubbage.

rated:
*****UPDATE*****
The Court gave final approval of the settlement on July 28, 2016. It is anticipated that checks will be mailed for claims determined to be valid in approximately ninety (90) days.

rated:
Checks were to start being mailed Dec 1, 2016.

rated:
Got my check today.

rated:
Not all checks have been mailed. More will go out in the next week or so.

rated:
Did anyone else get an email like this:

Dear Claimant:

We have processed your claim form (“Claim”) for the XHOSE class action settlement. Your Claim for $8 has been denied because the information on the claim form was incomplete or the information provided shows that the hose you purchased was not a genuine XHOSE or that you purchased it outside the class period. You may seek reconsideration by contacting the Claims Administration within 30 days of this notice and providing proof of purchase showing that you purchased a genuine XHOSE during the class period, such as a receipt or other proof of purchase.

If you have any questions, please contact the Settlement Administrator at 1-866-545-1007 or e-mail your questions to info@xhoseclasssettlement.com. Please refer to the Claim number listed above in any communication.

im not sure what I can do. any suggestions?

rated:
KidRobot said:   Did anyone else get an email like this:

Dear Claimant:

We have processed your claim form (“Claim”) for the XHOSE class action settlement. Your Claim for $8 has been denied because the information on the claim form was incomplete or the information provided shows that the hose you purchased was not a genuine XHOSE or that you purchased it outside the class period. You may seek reconsideration by contacting the Claims Administration within 30 days of this notice and providing proof of purchase showing that you purchased a genuine XHOSE during the class period, such as a receipt or other proof of purchase.

If you have any questions, please contact the Settlement Administrator at 1-866-545-1007 or e-mail your questions to info@xhoseclasssettlement.com. Please refer to the Claim number listed above in any communication.

im not sure what I can do. any suggestions?

Did you contact them?

rated:
no. im afraid I wont recall enough details of my purchase and get declined. but I guess its better than nothing....

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017