Dish Network offering free "Over the Air" Antenna

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Recent negotiations with various local channels are not going too well and Dish has had to temporarily drop some local channels in certain area, so Dish is offering a free OTA antenna for some of there affect customers. Here is the note from their www.dishpromise.com site.

Dish offering "over-the-air" antennas to watch Tribune's local broadcast channels
While Dish works to reach an agreement, the company is offering "over-the-air" antennas at no cost so that customers in affected markets can watch Tribune's local broadcast channels for free. Dish customers must call 1-800-333-3474 to confirm market eligibility and system compatibility.

Not sure what kind of antenna you will be getting though

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Just got off the phone with Dish. They are sending the antenna for free and giving me $5.00 off my bill for the next 6 m... (more)

thefloormaster (Aug. 28, 2016 @ 3:12p) |

WELL,I LOVE MY SPORTS, CHANEL 3 AN 27,I NEED. THEY BETTER COME UP WITH SOMETHING, B4 THE NFL COMES IN.

bflournoy (Sep. 03, 2016 @ 8:00a) |

THEY GOT THE LOCALS BACK.

minideth (Sep. 03, 2016 @ 11:08p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

wait wait... they give you the antenna to watch channels over the air and you still have to pay Dish rate? so basically you are paying for something that is free?

WorkerAnt said:   wait wait... they give you the antenna to watch channels over the air and you still have to pay Dish rate? so basically you are paying for something that is free?
They give you a free antenna so you can still watch the OTA channels that are temporarily unavailable due to contract disputes. If you are only interested in OTA channels there's no reason to pay for Dish service.

Just completed the order over chat.
They just wanted to know if I had a standard or high definition TV.

They also said if the issue is resolved before the antenna ships then they won't ship the antenna.

When I called they also provided a $10 credit and the antenna. 

I used to work for a Cable company. This is a pretty standard thing. In a few years time I watched my company get into a feud with CBS and ABC over broadcast rights. When the contract expired, the networks wanted huge amounts of money to re-broadcast what one could get for free with an antenna. The cable company dragged their feet and actually took one station off the air for awhile. The other, they resolved in time because the local college football team had a bowl game on and they didn't want to tick off too many customers.

I am not sorry to admit this but air is free and they are using air waves I already pay for my suppose free local channels and to take them away is unconstitutional I do not so much care about the sports on my local channels my news channels are what I want and they are the ones whom provide the sports. I read my local channel bulletins they say Dish has blacked me out. I read Dish bulletins they blame Dish Network NOW just who or whom has blacked me out???????? No more run in aa circle of no explanation and pointed fingers I want an answer which makes it a complete square (ANSWERS)no more going around and around pointing fingers with no real explanation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is the common working man that watches the tv not the rich nor the pooor and middle class middle wages working people are being lied to by both. So in simplicity are they to working together against the paying consumer trying to rip them off again because they think we have no choice

I received my antenna today. It's an RCA Amplified indoor flat HDTV antenna RCA ANT1450BF worth $21.
https://www.amazon.com/RCA-ANT1450BF-Multi-Directional-Amplified...

Dish TV provides a service, which you're paying for. They're in a dispute with the owner of a local station, so the local station is no longer provided on Dish TV. Regardless of whose fault it is that the station is no longer provided on Dish, it certainly isn't a constitutional issue. Get real. It's not like access is being denied to that local station. What would you do if satellite or cable didn't exist? You'd use an over the air antenna. Don't like that the station is blocked on Dish, then get the antenna Dish is offering and also tell them you want a credit. Secondly, only working class people watch TV. Really? Where does that data come from?

In for one!  Thanks OP! 

Need over the air antenna

We received our PTA antenna 6-22-16 it Free but theirs a $20.00 fee to Sling I'm asking Dish to give us a $20.00 Credit ( monthly) so we can use this antenna Free as that guy on CH 8 fox is doing the advertising. We THANK Dish FOR THIS FREE SLINGO OTA ANTENNA BUT IT'S REALLY NOT FREE if WE HAVE TO PAY ADDITIONAL $20.00 PER MONTH . Dish YOU ARE a LARGE SATTILITE DISTRIBUTER. GIVE SENIORS A BREAK. THANK YOU FOR THE EXCELLENT SERVICE.

How do I get my free antenna (personal information removed by mod) 

Yes my name is Richard edenton I think this is crazy to take Channel 6 of the air I have watched it for year I think we need to go back with just the antenna

I would like a free antenna so I can watch WNEP CH 16.   Tell me more or send one out to me

I received an antenna and it does't work. They failed to tell you that you have to be within 50 miles of the station and we are about 65. So we have an antenna that does us no good and stuck in a contract with a company that will not settle the dispute. I want my channels back otherwise I am willing to pay to get out of my contract and go back to Direct Tv and I will make sure that I tell everyone that I know not to go to Dish

I want ABC station back.if you don't put it back on how can I view it how do I get the antenna

Send me what I need to watch the channels that have been blocked from my Dish Network the antenna over the air is what I need

Golly, folks, this isn't Dish Network's customer service line! Call your service provider (the number is listed in the first post in this thread).

I recently received the over the air antenna you sent me but find that it is only usable if I am within 50miles of broadcast station. So what do I do???

ddwdrew said:   I recently received the over the air antenna you sent me but find that it is only usable if I am within 50miles of broadcast station. So what do I do???
  Wait, fatwallet sent you an antenna? 

I just called to get the antenna and was told they are no longer available. They also said they are no longer allowed to offer account credits for the loss of Fox channels. They ended the call saying, "Please don't leave us due to this issue". Kind of funny that they are begging us to stay, but not doing anything to help.

We got our antenna in the mail on Monday, hooked it up, scanned and got 51 local channels picked up. Quality, including HD is great. So now we can watch the Cubs again!! I also got a $40.00 per month (for 10 months) credit from Dish awhile back. I think this is the third time in a row I have gotten that, by threatening to go to Comcast. You have to be very persistent. They will say there is nothing they can do for you, but eventually you'll get transferred to the right department and get the credit.

In the area where we live, the free antenna is worthless. I cannot wait for our contract to expire! Worst mistake we ever made!!

danation87 said:   In the area where we live, the free antenna is worthless. I cannot wait for our contract to expire! Worst mistake we ever made!!

I tried the antenna and it don't work. This is going on for to long! When is this going to end! I am tired of this drama.

TextGet Fox Channel 13 back now missing local news and my SEAHAWKS get  NOW

The problem is that the local channels know that most people no longer have antennas and can't get their broadcast without their cable company. If it is coming to you on cable TV they should get paid for that. So lets all go out and get antennas so local channels cannot hold us hostage. EVER AGAIN! And Cable companies can no longer charge us for those channels. This is the only way the people can fight back.

Just got off the phone with Dish. They are sending the antenna for free and giving me $5.00 off my bill for the next 6 months. 

WELL,I LOVE MY SPORTS, CHANEL 3 AN 27,I NEED. THEY BETTER COME UP WITH SOMETHING, B4 THE NFL COMES IN.

THEY GOT THE LOCALS BACK.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017