• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
https://www.aprsettlement.com/
A settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit that alleges that certain credit cards issued by American Express Centurion Bank and American Express Bank FSB with a fixed interest rate were improperly changed to a variable interest rate.If you had an American Express card with a fixed interest rate and you received a notice of a rate increase or a change to a variable rate between Oct. 1, 2005 and Dec. 31, 2010, you may be eligible for benefits from the AmEx interest rate class action settlement.

Class Members of the AmEx settlement include all persons and entities in the United States who had a consumer or small business AmEx credit card or charge account with American Express Bank FSB or America Express Centurion Bank and:

• Had a fixed annual percentage rate on the account that was increased or changed to a variable rate between Oct. 1, 2005 and Dec. 31, 2010; or
  • Had a fixed annual percentage rate on the account and were provided notice of an increase in the fixed rate or a change from a fixed rate to a variable rate between Oct. 1, 2005 and Dec. 31, 2010.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
"Please provide the last 5 digits of your American Express account number.*"

"I understand that I will not be eligible to receive a payment if I did not have an existing balance at the time of the rate change..."

rated:
Do I need to find my old account number or will the current one work?

rated:
bobley said:   Do I need to find my old account number or will the current one work?
  Also, what if I have more than one account? 

rated:
bobley said:   Do I need to find my old account number or will the current one work?
  i have the same Q...

rated:
  The account number for the time frame of the class action.

rated:
cedesbot said:   

Contact the class action admin in the link.

I just posted what I found. Doesn't even apply to me.

rated:
Did anyone receive the settlement money after filing? I filed several one these 2 years but have not get 1 cent so far!

rated:
zhifou said:   Did anyone receive the settlement money after filing? I filed several one these 2 years but have not get 1 cent so far!
  This is a new case. I suggest you find the case you filed for and see if it has even settled. Some of these actions take YEARS to settle and pay.

rated:
zhifou said:   Did anyone receive the settlement money after filing? I filed several one these 2 years but have not get 1 cent so far!
  That is how class action lawsuits work... The attorneys get millions and you get less than 1 cent. 

rated:
cedesbot said:   

I just entered each account separately with everything else the same.  It seemed to work.

rated:
cameron2003 said:   
cedesbot said:   

I just entered each account separately with everything else the same.  It seemed to work.

I ended up doing the same. I actually kept copies of the letters they sent for each account, so I hope the admin doesn't block my submissions.

rated:
I cannot really go back and review all my Amex accounts for the time period, so I guess I'll submit one for each of my two current ones I had during that time, based on my vague recollection. "To the best of my knowledge". I called the 800 number to 'help determine if I'm included' but it was just a recording of the FAQ's on the website. The process is definitely set up to accept the least claims. I have one business platinum and one Delta, and was hoping to find some information as to which cards it may apply to, but at this point I'll just submit one each and hope they can verify things on their end.

rated:
From the court documents on the settlement website - potential 3,082,000 claimants. As suggested from the main class action thread, I found my number from an old credit report. Before I did, I emailed the settlement admin asking what I should do if I didn't know my AE number because the account has been closed so long. They responded that they would look into the situation and get back to me. I will post once I hear back.

rated:
From the Settlement Administrator in response to my question about not knowing my AE number due to the account being closed for some time:

"As the neutral third-party Settlement Administrator, we do not have access to your records for your American Express card. We encourage you to check your banking records to confirm this information and determine if you are eligible to file a Claim Form for a Settlement Payment. You will need to check your service records to fill out the information on your claim as accurately as possible. To be eligible for a settlement payment, you must follow all of the instructions in the claim form and provide all of the information requested. Failure to provide all of the requested information will result in your claim being rejected."

Fortunately, I had an old credit report with the number on it. I received a postcard in the mail re: this settlement. Surely, AE gave them the names of potential claimants. Therefore, shouldn't they should be able to provide numbers if necessary?

Anyway. Posting for what it is worth.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016