• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
http://www.batteriesconsumerlitigation.com/

registration page, looks like there's no claim page yet: http://www.batteriesconsumerlitigation.com/Lithium/Register

The class action doesn't say if its only for Sony lithium ion batteries or Sony products, but the settlement is against Sony, so anyone's guess. Perhaps they'll include any product with a Sony lithium ion battery.

---
If You Bought a Lithium Ion Battery or Electronics, Such as a Laptop, Cell Phone, or Power Tool, Containing a Lithium Ion Battery Since 2000, You Could Get Money From a $19.5 Million Settlement

The information contained on this website is only a summary. You may download a full copy of the Notice by clicking HERE.

Please read the Notice and the Settlement Agreement (available on the Court Documents page of this website) carefully. Your legal rights may be affected whether you act or don’t act. The Notice is a summary, and it is not intended to, and does not, include all of the specific details of the Settlement Agreement. To obtain more specific details concerning the Settlement, please read the Settlement Agreement.

A class action lawsuit brought on behalf of consumers/end purchasers of Lithium Ion Batteries (“Li-Ion Batteries”) and Lithium Ion Battery Products (“Li-Ion Products”) is currently pending. Li-Ion Products include, but are not limited to, laptop computers, notebook computers, netbook computers, tablet computers, mobile phones, smart phones, digital cameras, camcorders, digital video cameras, digital audio players, and power tools.

Plaintiffs claim that Defendants (listed in Section 4 on page 3 of the Notice) and co-conspirators engaged in an unlawful conspiracy to fix, raise, maintain, or stabilize the prices of Lithium Ion Battery Cells (“Li-Ion Cells”). Plaintiffs further claim that end purchasers of Li-Ion Batteries and Li-Ion Products may recover for the effect that the conspiracy had on the prices of these devices. Plaintiffs allege that, as a result of the unlawful conspiracy involving Li-Ion Batteries, they and other end purchasers paid more for Li-Ion Batteries and Li-Ion Products than they would have paid absent the conspiracy. Defendants deny Plaintiffs’ claims.

A settlement has been reached with Defendants Sony Corporation, Sony Energy Devices Corporation, and Sony Electronics Inc. (collectively “Sony” or “Settling Defendants”).

Your legal rights will be affected whether you act or don’t act. The Notice includes information on the Settlement and the lawsuit. Please read the entire Notice carefully.

The following rights and options – and deadlines to exercise them – are explained in the Notice.

--

REGISTER    The claims process has not yet begun. If you want to receive direct notice about future settlements and further information about the claims process, you should register. Register Me    
EXCLUDE YOURSELF    You will not be included in the Settlement from which you exclude yourself. You will receive no benefits from the Settlement, but you will keep any rights you currently have to sue Sony about the claims in the case(s) from which you exclude yourself.    Deadline:
September 22, 2016
DO NOTHING NOW    You will be included in the Settlement and eligible to file a claim for a payment (if you qualify) at a later date. You will give up your rights to sue the Settling Defendants about the claims in these cases.    
OBJECT TO THE SETTLEMENT    If you do not exclude yourself, you can write to the Court explaining why you disagree with the Settlement.    Deadline:
September 22, 2016
GO TO THE HEARING    Ask to speak in Court about your opinion of the Settlement.    Deadline:
November 8, 2016

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I just got this email but it went to spam. I'm skeptical. Anyone know if this is real?

rated:
(Deleted)

rated:
19.5 Mil settlement? From the notice ...

All Settlement Funds that remain after payment of the Court-ordered attorneys’ fees, incentive awards, costs, and expenses will be distributed at the conclusion of the lawsuit or as ordered by the Court

LOL! don't waste your time. After all the "attorney's fees and court costs" are paid out of the settlement fund Payouts of eligible claims on this one definitely will be sub $1.00 and likely only a few cents per class member.

rated:
I can autofill the form. 50 cents for 30 seconds worth of work. I wish I could donly that 4 hours a day. Of course now you ate up 15 seconds so that'll be a quarter please...

rated:
cnIsfg said:   19.5 Mil settlement? From the notice ...

All Settlement Funds that remain after payment of the Court-ordered attorneys’ fees, incentive awards, costs, and expenses will be distributed at the conclusion of the lawsuit or as ordered by the Court

LOL! don't waste your time. After all the "attorney's fees and court costs" are paid out of the settlement fund Payouts of eligible claims on this one definitely will be sub $1.00 and likely only a few cents per class member.

People said that about the DRAM indirect purchaser settlement, that was like $60+ a person.

There's a short time-frame to claim on this one too.

rated:
ctujackbauer said:   

People said that about the DRAM indirect purchaser settlement, that was like $60+ a person.

Not hardly. DRAM Consumer Class Action Settlement Claim have yet to be paid so I don't know where you are getting $60?   Here we are 2 years later and still not one check in the DRAM consumer Class Action settlement has been cut. However , the Class administrators are "supposed" to start mailing them this month. However, don't get too excited. The last court date back in May finalized payment of a measly 20 cents per module (undocumented claim) up to a max of 10 modules or 28 cent per module per (documented) claim unlimited maximum number of modules. That is a HUGE difference for the min $10 promised per claim (documented or undocumented) in the original settlement document. Longer than anticipated litigation along with the lawyer's and court fees and the huge number of claims have reduced the final payout. in that one 

rated:
cnIsfg said:   
ctujackbauer said:   

Not hardly. DRAM Consumer Class Action Settlement Claim have yet to be paid so I don't know where you are getting $60?   Here we are 2 years later and still not one check in the DRAM consumer Class Action settlement has been cut. However , the Class administrators are "supposed" to start mailing them this month. However, don't get too excited. The last court date back in May finalized payment of a measly 20 cents per module (undocumented claim) up to a max of 10 modules or 28 cent per module per (documented) claim unlimited maximum number of modules. That is a HUGE difference for the min $10 promised per claim (documented or undocumented) in the original settlement document. Longer than anticipated litigation along with the lawyer's and court fees and the huge number of claims have reduced the final payout. in that one 

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1170656/?showmessage=19557724

rated:
ctujackbauer said:   
cnIsfg said:   
ctujackbauer said:   

I remember I got a letter from them a while back asking for some additional proof. If I didnt sent it, do they reduce it or just nix it? Does anyone know? thanks

rated:
ctujackbauer said:   

The $20 mil is from settling defendants, which is just Sony. There are a few non-settling defendants (Samsung, Toshiba, etc) who may settle, so the amount could grow quite a bit.

Why do you say there's a short time-frame to claim? It's not a done deal yet, the claim process hasn't started yet and the timeline isn't published.

rated:
scripta said:   
ctujackbauer said:   

The $20 mil is from settling defendants, which is just Sony. There are a few non-settling defendants (Samsung, Toshiba, etc) who may settle, so the amount could grow quite a bit.

Why do you say there's a short time-frame to claim? It's not a done deal yet, the claim process hasn't started yet and the timeline isn't published.

Perhaps I misread the timeline. You can only exclude yourself from the class by Sep 22, 2016? 

rated:
ctujackbauer said:   
cnIsfg said:   
ctujackbauer said:   

I received the DRAM Consumer Class Action Settlement Claim check today (over $50)

rated:
I received my Dram  check today - $65    

rated:
cheaptrick said:   I received my Dram  check today - $65    

I got my check today as well and I was pleasantly surprised to see 83.55 on it. I built a batch of computers back in the day and spent tons of money. Have to check this one out too.

rated:
cnIsfg said:   
ctujackbauer said:   

I'd reply that my DRAM check came today, in the amount of $143.14 - but i'm afraid the moderators will delete my harmless post.  ​Perhaps they've notice my visits have dropped from multiple visits for several years, has dwindled to 1 visit in the last two weeks.  And I have to say, I don't miss it.

rated:
Not true on the DRAM. I got my check for $17+ yesterday.

rated:
$50.80 DRAM check yesterday. LiOn email arrived yesterday as well. So far, my favorite CA was the eMachines floppy disk suit. I was not aware of the problem, used the machine for four years, then got a replacement for free. Funny thing is, I never look for or sign up for these things. I think my involvement is based on registration of products (I know it was with the eMachine suit).

rated:
Can we keep the DRAM discussion to the DRAM thread please?

rated:
cnIsfg said:   
ctujackbauer said:   

I received a check yesterday too so they are paying out.

rated:
Any updates?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017