• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Anyone ever experience a negative balance? I was looking to make a purchase today from points I earned yesterday when I noticed that my balance was lower than it should be. I don't have any returns on my account, however they are showing that I used more points than I had, on a purchase I made in May. What? How could your system allow me to use more points than I had? So far they don't have an answer and won't credit the points.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

OP is experiencing a dying protocol from a failed business model. Best to just forget the limited possible "value" as the points seem to be limited in applicability and may not actually reduce prices on balance as compared to other online vendors.

Yes, one account went to -$10 for some reason.  I am very active with SYW purchasing with assorted accounts.

Interestingly, -$10 in regular points do not knock out $10 of surprise points, so you can buy something priced at $11 as you see your point balance at the top of the page stating -10000, but in the purchase page you apply 10000 surprise points and your final cost is $1, and your regular points will be -9990 or whatever.

I just ran into this issue today, realized I had a lot less points than I should have, looked at the account history and the first entry back in 2013 where I was awarded 30 points has a negative 68000 balance in the total column...looking at the rest of the history, it claims I have been negative for the entire last three years, and only recently got into positive territory, even though I redeemed points multiple times over the years (not sure how I would have done that if it really was a negative balance...)

Until today my balance has been listed as negative all 3 years. Started out in 2013 about 45000 negative. Now I have far fewer points than I thought I would. I was able to cash in all these years. Wonder if it is a programming bug in the Web display.

Sent Shop Your Way an email about the negative values for years. Suddenly they all turned positive. Received a heap of points, too.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016