• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Hastings is closing all of their locations, including goHastings, by October 31st. They filed for bankruptcy. 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Pretty depressing. I was angered when they closed my store in a town of 100,000 but I got over it and would still visit the one near my family 50 miles away 2-3 times per year.

It had a good atmosphere, and also a better selection of eclectic Star Trek, anime, and pop culture collectibles than I could find anywhere else, at least at the 'on the shelf' level.

They'll be missed.

I totally agree, and as sad as I am to see them go I'm looking forward to the inevitable closing sales.

Unfortunately these two critters are getting the inventory: Hilco Merchant Resources LLC and Gordon Brothers Retail Partners LLC. Both are known for RAISING THE PRICES and lowering them to AN ILLUSION OF A SALE.

If any of you want a "FW decent" chance at any good part of their inventory BUY NOW before the LLC's get to the inventory. Those LIQUIDATING VULTURES doesn't care for any customers the bankrupt company might've.

Is it me or lot more retail bk lately?

The only thing I bought from them (online) was a DVD box set of something around 6-8 DVDs in a clear, breakable, irreplaceable plastic book like case (where you can flip through the DVDs) inside a light paperboard slipcase.  goHastings just squeezed this thick, obviously breakable item into a bubble envelope, with no box, cardboard protection, or any protection besides the bubble envelope. As USPS Media Mail is by the pound, a couple of ounces to put it in a box probably wouldn't have even cost them anything. It arrived smashed. I never considered buying anything ever again from them.  Whether that's their shipment packaging procedure, or they have people working there with a 'don't care' or 'screw the customer' attitudes, or just idiots packing things, please go, goHastings, and good riddance.

I've never been to a store, but I bought alot of cds, dvd and a few blu-rays online from them at very very excellent prices.  I finally reached the point where there just aren't many items I want or need anymore, and alot of them items can be found cheaper brand new.  I figured out that buying the first 6 Star Wars steelbooks on may fourth saved me enough to afford to get all of Enterprise on blu-ray from the Am@zon UK site.  

I only had one bad experience from gohastings where a $3 cd was sent with a residue on it that water, soap, alcohol, or a disc cleaning machine at Familyvideo could not remove.  They refunded my money no questions asked, and several months later this rare CD became available again, and I reordered and got a pristine copy this time.

goHastings will be missed by me.  I just think it is a sign of the times that physical media is on it's way out to buy and sell on a retail level.  Thankfully eBay and the rest of the pack will keep physical media alive for many more years to come; goHastings' online division may have allowed their retail division to stay around longer that they might have otherwise (or not  )

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016