• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
 Most of the cheap endoscopes are for SOME android phones. I do not have an android that they will work on. I do have a laptop. 
But most of these cheap cameras are from China and have very little or no description. I need one that will go at least 13 foot. 
My need is to find how the mice are getting into my ductwork and nesting and pooping etc. I need to find how they are getting in and the ducting is covered with insulation and    I don't want to spend all day under the house tearing all the insulation and cover off only to find out it was the last place I took off the fiberglass. 

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: DEAL DISCUSSION, TECHNOLOGY, DEAL DISCUSSION. — Oct. 21, 2016 @ 4:09pm
Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The android ones all need an OTG enabled device. So your best bet is to search Amaz0n for "endoscope PC". The 1st one I saw had a choice of 2/5/10 meters for $20-$22. I have no experience with one, but if you have Amaz0n Prime and it's not what you need, just return it. BTW if you don't have Prime, you can get a free 30 day trial, then just be sure to cancel before 30 days.

tightpapa said:    Most of the cheap endoscopes are for SOME android phones.

I actually didn't know endoscopes for Androids were a thing, I've only seen USB ones (there are tons of cheap ones on eBay and Amazon).

You probably already have a plan, but have you thought how you will control this inside a large duct? I think most are meant for a more confined spsce like a pipe or rifle bore where they will naturally go in s straight line. And the cable has to be pretty flexible, so how will you keep it from just wallowing around?

If it helps look on banggood.com or GearBest. com

Also  for control  something like this wouldnt be bad this one is 33 feet   $9  tape the scope to the hook  and feed it through the wall/floor

Thanks! I just ordered one from Amazon and will try to tape to to smell electrical fish/rods to get it through the duck work if that doesn't work I gave some stiff cable I can try.

If you don't mind sharing, I'd like to see the results - I'm curious to hear how well it works and see the quality of the images.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016