Best Buy to join the free 2-Day shipping game.

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Got this in an email today noting that BB is going to offer free 2 day shipping starting August 28th for My Best Buy members.

"We've listened to what matters most to members, and are excited to tell you about a core benefit available to you.
We are now making it easier for you to get the latest technology quickly with Free 2-Day Shipping (with no annual fee)
on thousands of items when you shop at BestBuy.com or by using our mobile app.
You can take advantage of Free In-Store Pickup when you need your technology even faster."

From the wording it sounds like it will be limited somewhat and doesn't mention anything about a minimum purchase amaount.
But it is another quick ship option to look into.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I thought it was only for elite plus

I am not Elite or Elite+ and received the notice. I did however go to "term" and noticed some changes to the points structure.On Aug. 28, some important changes to our Terms will take effect. These include changes in how members receive points through our My Best Buy loyalty program. Elite Plus members and those who use their My Best Buy credit card will see no impact on how they receive points.

• My Best Buy members currently receive 1 point for every $1 spent. Beginning Aug. 28, they will receive 0.5 points for every $1 spent.
  • My Best Buy Elite members currently receive 1.1 points for every $1 spent. Beginning Aug. 28, they will receive 1 point for every $1 spent.
  • My Best Buy Elite Plus members currently receive 1.25 points for every $1 spent. There is no change to how Elite Plus members receive points.

Other important changes to our Terms include:

• Certain exclusions from eligible purchases at Best Buy Properties
  • Receiving and using points with My Best Buy Partners
  • Changes to the Limitation of Liability and Dispute Resolution provisions so customers can resolve issues more efficiently, including filing individual arbitration claims.

I did find the link which for some reason wasn't working when I first posted.

There is a $35 min. and exclusions .

VegasVegan said:   I am not Elite or Elite+ and received the notice. I did however go to "term" and noticed some changes to the points structure.On Aug. 28, some important changes to our Terms will take effect. These include changes in how members receive points through our My Best Buy loyalty program. Elite Plus members and those who use their My Best Buy credit card will see no impact on how they receive points.

• My Best Buy members currently receive 1 point for every $1 spent. Beginning Aug. 28, they will receive 0.5 points for every $1 spent.
  • My Best Buy Elite members currently receive 1.1 points for every $1 spent. Beginning Aug. 28, they will receive 1 point for every $1 spent.
  • My Best Buy Elite Plus members currently receive 1.25 points for every $1 spent. There is no change to how Elite Plus members receive points.

Other important changes to our Terms include:

• Certain exclusions from eligible purchases at Best Buy Properties
  • Receiving and using points with My Best Buy Partners
  • Changes to the Limitation of Liability and Dispute Resolution provisions so customers can resolve issues more efficiently, including filing individual arbitration claims.

I did find the link which for some reason wasn't working when I first posted.

There is a $35 min. and exclusions .

My Best Buy Program Changes Effective August 28, 2016 www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1516301

So in other words it's another reason to not shop at Best Buy. I'm good with that. The rewards was partially what kept me there. But if they're devaluing their point system well. It's not worth the 1/2 a point. I'll just forgo those points and get my credit card points elsewhere. 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017