• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Best Buy is changing the T&C of the My Best Buy Program, effective August 28, 2016.
Dear My Best Buy® Member,

Thank you for being a part of My Best Buy! We would like to tell you about some important changes coming to My Best Buy on August 28, 2016 (view updated terms & conditions ).

Our mission is to make it easier for you to enjoy the latest technology-the technology you love and use every day.

We've listened to what matters most to members, and are excited to tell you about a core benefit available to you. We are now making it easier for you to get the latest technology quickly with Free 2-Day Shipping (with no annual fee) on thousands of items when you shop at BestBuy.com=0.8em® or by using our mobile app. You can take advantage of Free In-Store Pickup when you need your technology even faster.

Also, we now have a number of additional benefits that are available to you. For example, when you enroll in My Best Buy Mobile Rewards we offer you a $25 My Best Buy reward certificate every time you purchase and activate a new smartphone after your initial phone purchase. Plus, we'll help you find the mobile plan to best fit your needs with a Free In-store Plan Comparison. People who have had their plan analyzed at Best Buy® and have changed their plan have saved an average of $40 per month*.

Of course, you will continue to enjoy other great benefits including Member-Only Access to special offers and pre-sale exclusives, like our Black Friday Early Access event.

My Best Buy Credit Cardmembers will continue to get 5% back* in rewards on Best Buy purchases. Members without a My Best Buy Credit Card will now get 1% back in rewards at Best Buy. Don't have a My Best Buy Credit Card? Learn more about how to apply

Thank you for being a Best Buy customer and a member of My Best Buy. We look forward to seeing you soon.

The Best Buy team 

Per their deceptive norm, while the email now just mentions free 2-day shipping (with a $35 purchase after you click through and look at the actual terms), the actual terms and conditions show they are devaluing your purchases for anyone but the Elite Plus Members (so now you have to spend $500 to earn 250 points for a $5 certificate under the base program):
* My Best Buy members currently receive 1 point for every $1 spent. Beginning Aug. 28, they will receive 0.5 points for every $1 spent.
* My Best Buy Elite members currently receive 1.1 points for every $1 spent. Beginning Aug. 28, they will receive 1 point for every $1 spent.
* My Best Buy Elite Plus members currently receive 1.25 points for every $1 spent. There is no change to how Elite Plus members receive points.

And I am assuming the terms for My Best Buy credit card purchases (getting bonus points for using their credit card) are listed incorrectly in the new terms and conditions, as the way it is worded, Elite Plus members get LESS points than base members ... 
* Core members receive 2 points for every $1 spent.
* Elite members receive 1.5 points for every $1 spent.
* Elite Plus members receive 1.75 points for every $1 spent.

Just a heads up ...

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Does smartphone $25 offer apply to prepaid phones?

Just a bump as the date gets closer ... if you are planning on any "big" purchases at Best Buy, now would be the time to do it while you still earn more rewards.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016