Anybody use any price comparison extensions?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
do you guys use invisiblehand, priceblink etc? which is best for just general shopping ive been trying to find one that isn't overly in your face all the time

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

CamelCamelCamel is a pretty popular but shows the price trend on Amazon. Not necessarily a price comparison.

The problem that I find with most price comparators is shipping. A lot of the time, shipping is taken into consideration, but a lot of the time I'll buy multiple things at once to save on shipping or spend X amount to get free shipping and the extensions have a hard time taking that into account.

I use my credit card Price Rewind benefit. With that feature, all I have to do is enter the item & the price I pay at their website and they do the rest. 60 days later, I get a credit to my credit card if a lower price is found. And if I happen to find a price lower than what the credit card price rewind feature found, I just submit a screen shot.

CitiBank Price Rewind. I think most credit (and many debit cards) may have a similar card benefit.

stevenone said:   CamelCamelCamel is a pretty popular but shows the price trend on Amazon.  Not necessarily a price comparison.

The problem that I find with most price comparators is shipping. A lot of the time, shipping is taken into consideration, but a lot of the time I'll buy multiple things at once to save on shipping or spend X amount to get free shipping and the extensions have a hard time taking that into account.

the shipping thing would be useful where i live shipping costs can run pretty high. i'll have to give camelcamelcamel a shot and see how it does

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017