• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Any insight is greatly appreciated. I am building a new home and am installing two Carrier air conditioning units. Because we are a family with allergies, I have done extensive research on whole house air purifiers. While I was all set to install the Carrier Infinity air purifier, now I am apprehensive because of the small amount of ozone emitted. I have read ALL there is to read online. And frankly, it's get very confusing. I am also concerned about the potential smell emitted. 

I have also looked into other systems that are not electrostatic, and my HVAC company tells me the purifier has to be Blueair Pro L Hepasilent. 

Could somebody have used this one ?
Does it help ?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I have allergies, and asthma as well. I also live in a humid Southern state.
Simply putting an air filter with a decent micron rating in the HVAC system helps a lot. It's very important to clean the mold out of the HVAC system (not the ducts, but the area around the coils that's constantly damp).
Minimizing the use of carpet in the house is also a significant help.
Not having furry pets in the house is of course a requirement.
I really don't think that adding a standalone air purifier will do much at all after you've taken those steps, since there's almost no airborne allergens left. It wouldn't even be very effective unless you put one in every room and somehow duct it so that you get decent circulation.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016