Fatwallet or topclassactions?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
rated:
What is the advantage of checking class actions here compared to topclassactions or similar?  Thank you.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Why not look at both?

cameron2003 said:   What is the advantage of checking class actions here compared to topclassactions or similar?  Thank you.

There is also here on Fatwallet, confusingly, a single thread within which people discuss various class actions, mainly from the past but not always, and it is here:
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1170656/ 


On April 10th, I posted the following post on that thread which might give you some other ideas for online resources for learning about class actions:
oppidum said:   
Just FYI for readers here who don't already know about it --

Today by mistake I happened to land on page 1 of this Class Actions thread and I noticed that in the Quick Summary ( https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1170656/m16715749/#m16715749 ) there is a recommendation of a dedicated class actions site:

"Here is a good web site for info on upcoming and approved Class Actions: http://topclassactions.com/" 

Note: Here is that site's page for open lawsuits, sorted by deadline date:
http://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/open-lawsuit-sett... 

=========================================
Here is another site (that appears to be legitimate) that I came across today:

https://www.truthinadvertising.org/category/class-action-tracker/ 

===========
This one seems a bit more "homemade" in terms of site design (which doesn't indicate anything about the quality of information there, of course):

http://www.classactionsreporter.com/class-action-settlements 

===========
Another site:

http://www.consumer-action.org/lawsuits/by-status/open 

===========

oppidum~ The OLD class action thread was getting posts with complaints it was too confusing so the Mods came up with a new area for any NEW class actions. I didn't like the idea at first myself but have grown to like it. I can just SKIP reading any listing that don't apply to me rather than have to go to my subscribed thread only to see a posting of no interest.
 

cameron2003 said:   What is the advantage of checking class actions here compared to topclassactions or similar?  Thank you.
  Both have valuable info. Here you can have interaction. The other source you can't. You pick!

CouponClippen said:   oppidum~ The OLD class action thread was getting posts with complaints it was too confusing so the Mods came up with a new area for any NEW class actions. I didn't like the idea at first myself but have grown to like it. I can just SKIP reading any listing that don't apply to me rather than have to go to my subscribed thread only to see a posting of no interest.
The current dual-track system is confusing, especially to newcomers; it takes much more of my time to read since I have to keep on top of a master thread as well as skimming through Deal Discussion to find individual threads; and it requires one to spend extra time searching the website for the name of every particular class action that one may wish to comment on, in order to know where is the proper place for the comment, to make sure one's comments are not deleted.  It is a clunky system.  If they are going to have individual threads for every single class action, which I have always supported, then they need to retire the master thread.

oppidum said:   
CouponClippen said:   oppidum~ The OLD class action thread was getting posts with complaints it was too confusing so the Mods came up with a new area for any NEW class actions. I didn't like the idea at first myself but have grown to like it. I can just SKIP reading any listing that don't apply to me rather than have to go to my subscribed thread only to see a posting of no interest.
The current dual-track system is confusing, especially to newcomers; it takes much more of my time to read since I have to keep on top of a master thread as well as skimming through Deal Discussion to find individual threads; and it requires one to spend extra time searching the website for the name of every particular class action that one may wish to comment on, in order to know where is the proper place for the comment, to make sure one's comments are not deleted.  It is a clunky system.  If they are going to have individual threads for every single class action, which I have always supported, then they need to retire the master thread.

Retiring the master thread would mean no place to comment on all those OLD actions. 
It really isn't that hard to add the 'class actions' to your custom views therefore not needing to search for every particular class action.
 

oppidum said:   
CouponClippen said:   oppidum~ The OLD class action thread was getting posts with complaints it was too confusing so the Mods came up with a new area for any NEW class actions. I didn't like the idea at first myself but have grown to like it. I can just SKIP reading any listing that don't apply to me rather than have to go to my subscribed thread only to see a posting of no interest.
The current dual-track system is confusing, especially to newcomers; it takes much more of my time to read since I have to keep on top of a master thread as well as skimming through Deal Discussion to find individual threads; and it requires one to spend extra time searching the website for the name of every particular class action that one may wish to comment on, in order to know where is the proper place for the comment, to make sure one's comments are not deleted.  It is a clunky system.  If they are going to have individual threads for every single class action, which I have always supported, then they need to retire the master thread.

  A lot of members follow the List of Class Action thread via e-mail, so it makes sense to try to limit the conversation, so subscribers don't have to keep getting e-mails notifying them of conversation for class actions which don't interest them. Also, it's just easier to have an in-depth conversation about a class action in an individual topic. 



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016