• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I got a notice in the mail about a class action lawsuit against Petrobras

http://www.petrobrassecuritieslitigation.com/ 

Anyone else get a notification? I've never been a part of a class action suit.  What is to be expected?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Phenomix said:   I got a notice in the mail about a class action lawsuit against Petrobras

http://www.petrobrassecuritieslitigation.com/ 

Anyone else get a notification? I've never been a part of a class action suit.  What is to be expected?

File a claim if it applies to you then wait. These take years sometimes to settle and issue payments.

rated:
Read the notice. It will explain the class action and what steps you need to take at this time. Very often it is just a notice, and you do nothing. Then it gets settled, and you make a claim. Then you get paid. Could be 1 or 2 years from now.

Fatwallet has been a great source for me to learn of class actions, but I only file for ones I actually qualify for. Just got $55+ for Kashi, right before that over $120 for memory.

rated:
To help some of you here, since I was wondering why a class action against Brazil's petroleum company, since they pretty much doesn't have gas stations or does any retail business Stateside. This is for those few American investors, either directly or through mutual funds (in the latter case the note would have gone to the Investment Fund people, rather than to the individuals), have invested into certain of their securities / investments.

Pretty much the lawyers can check lists of investors to know if you're really supposed to be in there, so this is a case of APPLY ONLY IF YOU QUALIFY.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017