Macy's closing even more stores

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Serves the destroyer of traditional regional department stores right. After killing off most venerable franchises/independents directly or by predatory pricing in favor of Long Island arrogance.

Macy's is only half a step up from Sears. They dicked their employees on wages, sales and commissions(didn't pay enough to have employees that care or are knowledgeable, and Macy's should be aiming for high-touch relationships with customers like Nordstrom but instead go the opposite direction) and stocked their shelves with stuff that is easily purchased elsewhere for cheaper. The game has changed and they haven't. Also their floors are devoid of employees.

Macys severs ties (pun intended) with the donald. Closes stores.
Hmmmm .... Trump Effect ??

Dealpouncer said:   Macy's is only half a step up from Sears.  They dicked their employees on wages, sales and commissions(didn't pay enough to have employees that care or are knowledgeable, and Macy's should be aiming for high-touch relationships with customers like Nordstrom but instead go the opposite direction) and stocked their shelves with stuff that is easily purchased elsewhere for cheaper. The game has changed and they haven't. Also their floors are devoid of employees.
  I agreee partially....  Nowadays we are really busy and very rarely go to physical department stores and clothing stores.  We go maybe once a year. Nordstrom is indeed stocked with high end stuffs online and in store so my wife buys from them a lot online. But the last time she stepped into a physical Nordstrom was in 2009.  We have not bought from Macy's online store for many years. However Mary's owns Bloomingdale's.  We do still buy from them sometimes.  Internet sales have a great impact to retailers.  If Macy's wants to survive they need to be competitive online. I expect as Internet sales continue to grow more physical stores will be closed across the board.

We just put a blog article up here. According to Macy*s, " “This potential sales loss is lower than the projected volume of these 100 stores roughly due to our ability to retain some of the sales in other stores as well as on Macys.com". It looks to me like the focus may be shifting to online sales.

VBMcGB said:   We just put a https://www.fatwallet.com/blog/macys-closing-100-stores. According to Macy*s, " “This potential sales loss is lower than the projected volume of these 100 stores roughly due to our ability to retain some of the sales in other stores as well as on Macys. com". It looks to me like the focus may be shifting to online sales.
OT, but how do you get to the blog? I don't see any links for it anywhere.

jayK said:   
VBMcGB said:   We just put a https://www.fatwallet.com/blog/macys-closing-100-stores. According to Macy*s, " “This potential sales loss is lower than the projected volume of these 100 stores roughly due to our ability to retain some of the sales in other stores as well as on Macys. com". It looks to me like the focus may be shifting to online sales.
OT, but how do you get to the blog? I don't see any links for it anywhere.

The easiest way to get to the blog from the forums is to click the "blog" link in the footer of the page. It's between "About Us" and "Sitemap." When you're on the FatWallet site, there's a button for the blog in the right sidebar. Direct url is https://fatwallet.com/blog/.

VBMcGB said:   It looks to me like the focus may be shifting to online sales.

Welcome to the '90s.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017