Bing Rewards Changing -- Trade in Now!

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
The Bing rewards program is changing. Although we are led to believe things will be bigger and better going forward, one notable change is the loss of 10% discount on rewards cost for gold members for non-Microsoft gift cards. If you are used to exchanging points for Amazon gift cards, cash in now before the change goes into effect!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Bing made things right. There is a link today to click worth 1,000 points with a message about being sorry for the weeke... (more)

yoregano (Dec. 22, 2016 @ 9:41a) |

Gave up after being banned despite not using any bots.

kliriffic (Jan. 09, 2017 @ 10:23p) |

Based on an Amazan (or other non-MS) $5 gift card redemption for 5250 points, that is .95 cents of value per point.

That ... (more)

yoregano (Mar. 16, 2017 @ 4:58p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Link for more info: http://www.bing.com/explore/ms-rewards-faq

Yes, the main issue of concern for many will be the higher redemption level for Amazan (and other) partner rewards.

I cash out every time I accumulate enough points for a $5 Amazon GC. Right now I am about 75 points away. If the old redemption values last another 3 days, I will cash out. Then I think we will all cash out with new point levels. I am not planning to spend those point for micro$oft crap for the 10% discount. 10% of nothing is still nothing.

Thanks for headsup! and Green..
I redeemed for Amazon..
Looks like they still will be having Non-Microsoft Brand GC but redemption points are higher 5250 even for level 2

Looks like they nixed the extra discount for non-MS GCs for Gold members (Level 2 in new system). I guess nobody was using the pts for MS stuff and this is their way of making it more attractive than the non-MS GCs that we usually get...I just hope the extra points we can earn from using MS Edge will offset the difference...

This program was awesome enough to switch my default browser search engine from Google to Bing. I've used it for countless items on Amazon and the Windows Store itself (generally mp3 albums).

I use mine exclusively for Microsoft, so it's all good.

I must have esp.  I cashed out for Amazon codes this morning before I got the email from Bing.

What do you mean I have to pay for my BurgerKing Whopper?     
No more from Bing?
Bing .... You're Fired !!!

Is this immediate? It's not clear from the FAQ.

bobley said:   Is this immediate? It's not clear from the FAQ.
  I don't think there's a date set out, not that I've seen anyway. But soon... I cashed out for my Amazon gc as soon as the announcement went out.

I'm saving mine up, hopefully there will be something interesting to redeem them for. usually I use them for Amazon or xbox.

metalboxfan said:   I'm saving mine up, hopefully there will be something interesting to redeem them for. usually I use them for Amazon or xbox.
You're not saying anything new.

The sense is that if one wants to redeem credits for anything non-MS related, better do is ASAP before the changeover occurs and your points are effectively devalued.

bobley said:   Is this immediate? It's not clear from the FAQ.

My email says that they will be updating accounts over the next few weeks, so my guess it that it could happen anytime between now and early September.

I cashed out recently for an Amazon GC, so unless I start going crazy with BING search, I doubt I'll be able to grab another $5 GC before they update. I'm gonna try, I only need a little over 300 pts....

I think you can convert your Bing account to Swagbucks as well.

Today there are like 36 daily offer points, so if you are close, this might make you reach the Amazon gc that is still 475. And might also mean they are about to transition out.

MilleniumBuc said:   Today there are like 36 daily offer points, so if you are close, this might make you reach the Amazon gc that is still 475. And might also mean they are about to transition out.

I just got banned today for the 4th time from four different accounts, probably for using the bot and getting careless.

^^^Good, you deserved it.

The transition to the revised program occurred today. Be sure to search today, as double credits are available for both web and mobile.

yoregano said:   ^^^Good, you deserved it.

The transition to the revised program occurred today. Be sure to search today, as double credits are available for both web and mobile.

Not only that, but if you filled your searches early in the morning under the old system, it reseted tonight under the new program for mobile and desktop searches. I am guessing the daily counter resets again tonight, but not sure of that, or if the limit shown now includes tomorrow.

And now it's practically dead. They have reduced the extra bonus points recently, and now today reduced daily searching overall to 50 points. RIP Bing.

Anybody recommend a different search engine other than google?

MilleniumBuc said:   And now it's practically dead. They have reduced the extra bonus points recently, and now today reduced daily searching overall to 50 points. RIP Bing.

Anybody recommend a different search engine other than google?

Hmm, that's interesting. Yes, the bonus points seem to have lessened  overall lately, but I am still able to do 100 mobile and 150 web point searches daily. I wonder what the criteria are for these differences?

Well, apparently I have been moved to level 1 because it says I did not earn 500 points last month. I did everything every day for all points so not sure what they mean by "earned". If it means buying overpriced MS stuff, then I am definitely not doing that.

MilleniumBuc said:   Well, apparently I have been moved to level 1 because it says I did not earn 500 points last month. I did everything every day for all points so not sure what they mean by "earned". If it means buying overpriced MS stuff, then I am definitely not doing that.
  Doing daily max searches and clicking through all bonus offers is all I do to stay at Level 2. If you did as well, I don't know why you would be demoted in status.

yoregano said:   
MilleniumBuc said:   Well, apparently I have been moved to level 1 because it says I did not earn 500 points last month. I did everything every day for all points so not sure what they mean by "earned". If it means buying overpriced MS stuff, then I am definitely not doing that.
  Doing daily max searches and clicking through all bonus offers is all I do to stay at Level 2. If you did as well, I don't know why you would be demoted in status.

Same. I'd send them an email for sure!

nittanylion1 said:   yoregano said:   

Same. I'd send them an email for sure!

Yes. Went through the message route on the website and it took about 18 hours for them to change it back.

No explanation of why, but everyone should be on the lookout for changes.

Any bonus offers for opening a new
Microsoft (Bing) Rewards account ?

All of a sudden, Bing is not crediting me today. I can do searches, they show up in my account history, but points are not showing as credited. I cannot figure out how to contact them directly. I sent a message via the "feedback" link.

Lots of posts on FB today reporting this issue, so it appears to be a widespread problem.

yoregano said:   All of a sudden, Bing is not crediting me today. I can do searches, they show up in my account history, but points are not showing as credited. I cannot figure out how to contact them directly. I sent a message via the "feedback" link.

Lots of posts on FB today reporting this issue, so it appears to be a widespread problem.

Same here. Changed passwords, checked devices on account, downloaded bing app for iPhone and nothing. Hope it's fixed soon.

Working for me today. Now, will they credit the 500+ points due from yesterday?

Bing made things right. There is a link today to click worth 1,000 points with a message about being sorry for the weekend issues.

Gave up after being banned despite not using any bots.

Based on an Amazan (or other non-MS) $5 gift card redemption for 5250 points, that is .95 cents of value per point.

That actually makes the one-month Hulu credit a pretty good value. At 6800 points, that "costs" $6.48, as compared to the regular cost of $7.99 for a purchase of service directly from Hulu (limited commercials plan).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017