Refrigerator Labor Day Deal Strategy

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
We are going to be buying a refrigerator on Labor Day weekend.  As a 2K + purchase I would love to get some feedback on strategies or specific deals the Deal Demons at Fat Wallet can conjure up. 

I'm in Denver...in case that helps focus the discussion.

​We are looking for a fridge on the modestly higher end 1.5k to 2.5k , but I'm really more focused on getting coupon stacking/reward point type feedback rather than debating the merits of 15 different models.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Welcome.
Look at signing up for a DiscoverCard IT if you do not have one.
Zero per cent APR for 12 months when you sign up for the card. plus five per cent of the first $1500.00 = $75.00 cash back.
Keep the card for a year and they will give you that amount again at the end of the first 12 months
https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/cash-back/?ICMPGN=PUB_HDR_...
====
Then you can still apply any coupons or deals you find and have a wide selection of places to make the qualifying purchase.
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1503300/

Thanks JW, appreciate the advice!

haggle for open box / display models at various places (my favorite is bestbuy).  I consistently get $2000-2500 fridges for $600-800.

skarydrunkguy said:   haggle for open box / display models at various places (my favorite is bestbuy).  I consistently get $2000-2500 fridges for $600-800.
  how many fridges do you need? Is it for rentals?

Lowes has a 5% off with their CC. Lowes also has one of the better deals on Extended warranties. Some may say a waste of money...but I used my last one 3 times! Unfortunately...Lowes is also going to take another week to deliver....

We just bought a new mattress. I scoped out a few stores in advance this past Sunday. One sales rep told me that the sales they were running currently had deeper discounts than what they'd be running for Labor Day weekend. For example, a mattress discounted $300 Sunday might only be discounted $50 for Labor Day weekend. Some mattresses discounted Sunday wouldn't be discounted Labor Day weekend at all.

Reason he gave is that they know many people will be shopping for deals on Labor Day weekend, therefore, no need to discount as deeply.

Possibly the same logic might apply to refrigerators and other big ticket items. If you have a few specific models in mind, note their prices now and see what their prices are Labor Day weekend. If they're higher on Labor Day weekend, then wait to see if they drop afterwards.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017