• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
rated:
I purchased some items using my ink rewards that I need to return.  They were purchased a couple of days ago with Rewards that expire 8/31.  Does Staples give Rewards back?  With same expiration date?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Yes, return them and they will give you a credit slip for the amount which will expire on 8/31.

Note that rewards purchases can only be returned once like this. whatever you buy the second time could not be returned for any credit.

You may want to read Staples Rewards for Beginners

Treefarn said:   I purchased some items using my ink rewards that I need to return.  They were purchased a couple of days ago with Rewards that expire 8/31.  Does Staples give Rewards back?  With same expiration date?
  Monetize the credit with paper rebates...always safest to monetize rewards. there will be a new Q out at midnight, can monetize approx $30 in rewards with 4 reams of Hammermill 1c ac/er.

dribble said:   Yes, return them and they will give you a credit slip for the amount which will expire on 8/31.

Note that rewards purchases can only be returned once like this. whatever you buy the second time could not be returned for any credit.

  Except if you return an item paid for with rewards in the last seven days it is good for. Then the expiration date of the refund voucher will be extended for another month. At least it used to work that way. Be advised that Rewards used in-store even a day past their expiration date (used to be good 7 days past expiration) are no longer being accepted by the system and you'll have to try for a manager's override in order to use them. Recent change.

mathfaster said:   
dribble said:   Yes, return them and they will give you a credit slip for the amount which will expire on 8/31.

Note that rewards purchases can only be returned once like this. whatever you buy the second time could not be returned for any credit.

  Except if you return an item paid for with rewards in the last seven days it is good for. Then the expiration date of the refund voucher will be extended for another month. At least it used to work that way. Be advised that Rewards used in-store even a day past their expiration date (used to be good 7 days past expiration) are no longer being accepted by the system and you'll have to try for a manager's override in order to use them. Recent change.

  
This did not work for me.  I returned them yesterday, they gave me rewards that expire on the 31st.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   You may want to read Staples Rewards for Beginners
  
There used to be a 'time is money' thread.  Is it worth spending an hour to save $x?  Reading through that thread, which has been ongoing since 2012 and may contain out of date info....Would you read it looking for that answer?  

N/M



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017