Raise.com gift card used by another party.

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I bought a $50 Boston Market gift card from Raise.com.. after using about $23 after 6 months, I found out it was emptied by another party.  Raise (out of their 100-day guarantee window) nor Boston Market (3rd party  is willing to help.  Lesson learned.

Anyone had a similar issue?  The problem with Boston Market gift cards are that they don't have a PIN.  It just has a code, so someone could randomly enter a number online and get it correct.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

How did you buy the card? Did you go to your credit card company and seek assistance?

IrateConsumer said:   How did you buy the card? Did you go to your credit card company and seek assistance?
  as stated on the OP.. through Raise.com

No help from CC-Discover since it's been over 3 months.

There's lots of reports out there on drained gift cards bought from Raise and the like. Just google "drained gift card raise (or cardcash, etc.)"

Never a good idea to buy gift cards from a third-party seller unless you can use the full balance right away or transfer it to another card, for all the obvious reasons.

Why I always transfer balance from gift cards I get, from anywhere online, to another gift card from same merchant.

So basically OP bought a gift card, waited 4 months and found out it was emptied. Raise offers guarantees but only if you check it within 3 months.

I don't see why this is Raise's fault?

forbin4040 said:   So basically OP bought a gift card, waited 4 months and found out it was emptied. Raise offers guarantees but only if you check it within 3 months.

Agreed.

forbin4040 said:   So basically OP bought a gift card, waited 4 months and found out it was emptied. Raise offers guarantees but only if you check it within 3 months.

Not blaming Raise. I'm just warning others so they don't fall into the scam.

Perhaps you bought a card that was stolen from PayPal and resold to Raise, and the actual owner used it:

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1525220

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017