Samsung Electronics announced that it will recall 240,000 units of recently released flag ship phone Galaxy Note 7. It will be world wide recall and Samsung will offer 1:1 exchange to newly manufactured retail unit of Galaxy Note 7 (NIB)
Following are direct translation from press conference by Sasmung Electronics CEO Dong Jin Koh
- The reason for recent incidents on Galaxy Note 7 is due to faulty Battery Cell
- Faulty Battery Cell caused during manufacturing process. Samsung Galaxy Note 7's Battery is supplied by multiple companies. Certain manufacturer's battery showed faulty units.
- Samsung will keep selling Note 7 in Chinese Market, as they confirmed no faulty units released in Chinese market.
- 24 units out of 1,000,000 units tested to be faulty. (0.0024% defect rate)
- So far, 35 incidents reported.
- All Galaxy Note 7 sales will be suspended World Wide and It will be replaced by newly manufactured units in retail box.
- Samsung expects 2 week time frame to meet supply of newly manufactured units
- Replacement for buyers will take place first and then sales will resume.
Following Recall Term is limited to Korean Market, but We can expect same or similar measure to be taken world wide
- Recall will start on 9/19
- Battery testing software will be available from tomorrow.
- If customer wishes, they an immediately exchange it for Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge
- Refund date is 14 days from purchase date, but Samsung is working with Mobile Carriers to extend this date.
- **Unconfirmed source tells, They will also replace units with broken screens as long as they function normally.
Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.
Members of our community may attach files to a post in accordance with the User Agreement. FatWallet is not responsible for the content, accuracy, completeness or validity of any information contained in any attached file. Files have *not* been scanned for viruses. Be especially wary of Excel files which may contain malicious content.
Earn Cash Back while you shop - just 3 simple steps.
1. Sign Up so we know who to pay! (It's FREE.)
2. Shop through FatWallet for deals from your favorite stores. Your online purchases earn Cash Back that builds in your FatWallet account.
3. Get Paid by requesting a payment via check or PayPal.
FatWallet coupons help you save more when shopping online. Use our Coupons Search to browse coupons and offers from thousands of stores, gathered into one convenient location.
As part of our FatWallet Community, you can share deals with almost a million shoppers in our forums. Forum content is generated by consumers for consumers. Share deals, money-saving tips, and more. It's FREE, fun, and addicting.
Our customer experience team is here around the clock - real people ready to assist.